Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by highops
This is my challenge. As we know everyone should carry an Ink, a Freedom, a Freedom Unlimited and a CSP, or CSR and use the highest bonus card on each purchase (unless wanting to avoid a foreign transaction fee, or have some of the better insurance benefits kick in.)

Mrs. HighOPS will carry any one card I prefer, but not multiple cards. So, the Freedom Unlimited would probably earn the most points over a year. But, it doesn't have the insurance benefits on travel and high priced items.

The $75 is probably enough to have me not get the AU card given all the constraints- especially since Mrs. HighOPS is a good sport, knows I like to maximize URP, and so lets me pay when we are together.

[Shrug]. While I am not optimistic, maybe there will be an AU bonus that will make it an easy decision year 1.
if it is like always, 5000 UR for AU, it is easy..
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by PackingIt
My take on it is this: I simply don't know if it's a good 'fit' for me. But a 100k bonus makes it very easy for me to get this card and spend 12 months making that determination.
This is how I feel also. A 1 year trial will tell me if it's for me or not for me!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:16 pm

Asked for a tracking number via SM (I asked for expedited on Monday):

Our records show that your card was ordered on August 16,
2016. If you do not receive the card in 3 to 5 business
days, please call us at the number below for further
assistance.
Still holding out a small amount of hope.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
I wish they'd come out with a biz ink version of this
Would gladly upgrade my ink bold
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Uhm... The Palladium card is exactly this?

Not going to happen again.
No it's not. He said mind blowing benefits.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:16 pm

So if you don't care about the Priority Pass (especially since it has no guests), and consider it net of travel credit, this is basically just a CSP with a ~50% higher annual fee and ~50% higher earn on dining/travel, right?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nall
So if you don't care about the Priority Pass (especially since it has no guests), and consider it net of travel credit, this is basically just a CSP with a ~50% higher annual fee and ~50% higher earn on dining/travel, right?
...and $100 Global Entry credit every 4 years. Which I don't really care about anyway because I get that through my Amex Plat. But I'm signing up anyway for the 3x points on travel/dining.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:23 pm

That is exactly right and how I value the CSR card.

I only really care about the 100k sign up points and the $300 travel credit as being worth anything so it's $95 v. $150 annual fee difference for me which won't be a big deal if the card offered better benefits.

The 3x travel and restaurant bonus is nice, but I already get 2x respectively from the CSP which I normally don't use anyway because use my Amex PRG for flights (3x), gas and groceries (2x) and restaurants (2x).

The only reason I even keep my CSP is because I need a Visa card where Amex isn't accepted (i.e., Costco) and when I rent a car in the US (primary insurance).
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:02 pm

I wasn't aware that someone had confirmed that the Priority Pass offered with the Reserve was the no-guests variety; did I miss that?

It doesn't seem unreasonable to guess/assume that the Reserve would offer the same level of PP membership (w 2 guests) as the Citi Prestige, since the two cards will likely be oft compared.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I have Chase UA, Ink and Marriott. Over time I have rolled a lot of credit into those cards. Think I should reduce some to increase chances of approval?

Credit score ample, and last CC applied for Jan of this year. I can't wait to replace my prestige.

Last edited by Madone59; Aug 17, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:30 pm

Who said the CSR priority Pass does not cover 2 guests? Did you make it up?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Who said the CSR priority Pass does not cover 2 guests? Did you make it up?
Based on some other cards, covering one person and paying for 2nd is common.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:54 pm

I haven't seen any credible evidence anywhere as to the specifics of the guest policy on the CSR's Priority Pass. And I've been paying a lot of attention to all the buzz/rumors on this card since getting approved on Monday
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm certainly a 5/24 person and was rejected for a united card offer in the spring. Think the better strategy is to just go for it on 8/21 or wait for data points?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
I'm certainly a 5/24 person and was rejected for a united card offer in the spring. Think the better strategy is to just go for it on 8/21 or wait for data points?
There should be plenty of data points the morning of 8/21. You could wait a few hours and see if people past 5/24 are getting the card, and still apply that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.