Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
There should be plenty of data points the morning of 8/21. You could wait a few hours and see if people past 5/24 are getting the card, and still apply that day.
That's a great idea. I'm already past 5/24 and don't want to waste a hard inquiry if the rule is being enforced, especially with the issue of this card possibly charging for guests to use Priority Pass lounges. This is the deal breaker for me because I can just keep my Prestige and CSP cards if CSR charges for guests. On the other hand, if 5/24 is not being enforced I can apply to get the bonus and cancel after the first year.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
I have Chase UA, Ink and Marriott. Over time I have rolled a lot of credit into those cards. Think I should reduce some to increase chances of approval?

Credit score ample, and last CC applied for Jan of this year. I can't wait to replace my prestige.
If you're going to apply when it launches I would leave the limits. You can always move them in recon if total credit is an issue. It takes a while for a reduction in limits to register. I made the mistake of reducing an $18k limit Chase gave me then trying for another card. I got the card, but with a $2k limit.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Madone59
I have Chase UA, Ink and Marriott. Over time I have rolled a lot of credit into those cards. Think I should reduce some to increase chances of approval?
Two schools of thought. I usually lower my CL to $5K or $6K after I've had a card for a couple months. I believe it helps me get an instant approval on future cards. Others prefer to address the issue during a recon. call. I don't like the phone.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Based on some other cards, covering one person and paying for 2nd is common.
Citi Prestige covers guests as well, so we'll have to see what Chase does.

Last edited by FreFly; Aug 17, 2016 at 9:35 pm Reason: fixed type
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Two schools of thought. I usually lower my CL to $5K or $6K after I've had a card for a couple months. I believe it helps me get an instant approval on future cards. Others prefer to address the issue during a recon. call. I don't like the phone.
I've never thought about doing this. When you voluntarily lower CL on a card, you're suggesting that you keep that CL "bank"?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I got a Chase United Explorer card a month ago.

I asked to lower the credit limit ahead of time and they wouldn't do it.

They finally approved it for me but I had to call in because of a credit freeze and while I was on the line with them, I agreed to move credit around from my other cards.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:20 pm

Apologies if this question has already been answered in this thread. If one currently has a Sapphire Preferred, could you simply "upgrade" to a Sapphire Reserve and still qualify for the 100k bonus? Or would I need to apply for the reserve, and then cancel the preferred separately?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Interesting, thank you. I have like $70K credit over three cards, I am going to have to roll that back and strengthen my CC game.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by accrue450
Apologies if this question has already been answered in this thread. If one currently has a Sapphire Preferred, could you simply "upgrade" to a Sapphire Reserve and still qualify for the 100k bonus? Or would I need to apply for the reserve, and then cancel the preferred separately?
That has been answered, and no, you will not get the bonus by upgrading your CSP to the CSR. You are almost never eligible for the bonus if you upgrade/downgrade cards. I'd apply for the CSR and when your annual fee comes up on the CSP, downgrade it to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:33 pm
Suspended

I just paid my AF on my CSP.

But I'm leery about canceling it because I have a ton of UR points that I haven't transferred yet.

And I'm not sure I want to transfer to one program now.

There are no guarantees that I'd get approved for the CSR, pretty sure I'm on 5/24 and I just got a new Chase Explorer at the end of June.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by wco81

But I'm leery about canceling it because I have a ton of UR points that I haven't transferred yet.

There are no guarantees that I'd get approved for the CSR, pretty sure I'm on 5/24 and I just got a new Chase Explorer at the end of June.
No need to cancel. You can downgrade it to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. You keep your points, though can no longer transfer them to partners until you get another premium card.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Well eventually I'm going to need to transfer them.

What if I have to wait a year until I'm under 5/24 to get a premium card?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:40 pm

Well eventually I'm going to need to transfer them.

What if I have to wait a year until I'm under 5/24 to get a premium card?
You can probably forgo a signup bonus and upgrade your card back to a premium one, if you really need to transfer. I'd personally wait to see if you're approved for the CSR, if you're going to try it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA

If you just paid the fee , then you have something like 90 or 120 days to downgrade your card from CSP to FU and still get AF refund
I'd try for the CSR first, and if approved downgrade other card accordingly
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
For promotions you can never upgrade you always have to apply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.