Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:26 am

Looks like the strategy of lowering the CL and getting AF refunded only works for year one? Anyone has success with getting AF refunded by lowering CL in year two?

I just kicked in year two, AF posted, and I paid. then called to have CL lowered to $1,000. No AF refunded so far. It's been only a week though.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by hattoriheji
Looks like the strategy of lowering the CL and getting AF refunded only works for year one? Anyone has success with getting AF refunded by lowering CL in year two?

I just kicked in year two, AF posted, and I paid. then called to have CL lowered to $1,000. No AF refunded so far. It's been only a week though.

Did you pay AF in year one?

From what I read here the trick doesn't work in year two but I haven't yet seen if the trick continues into year two for those who were successful in year one
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr

From what I read here the trick doesn't work in year two but I haven't yet seen if the trick continues into year two for those who were successful in year one
I got the card in December of 2014, lowered it to $1000 shortly there after and the annual fee was refunded. I left the credit line at $1000. I have NOT yet been charged the annual fee in 2016
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by voisinator
I got the card in December of 2014, lowered it to $1000 shortly there after and the annual fee was refunded. I left the credit line at $1000. I have NOT yet been charged the annual fee in 2016
Perfect! Thank you very much for sharing.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by jameswes
Just be aware that you can't use the Club Lounge upgrades in conjunction with the free nights

Also keep in mind that in order to use the Club Lounge upgrade you have to call and book. You can check availability with rate code Z38.

Interestingly enough, sometimes that is LOWER than the otherwise-lowest price.

For example, 8/22-8/23 is 535/nt (regular rate), but only 425/nt with Z38.
Good points to know. Thanks for the recap.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Just be aware that you can't use the Club Lounge upgrades in conjunction with the free nights

Also keep in mind that in order to use the Club Lounge upgrade you have to call and book. You can check availability with rate code Z38.

Interestingly enough, sometimes that is LOWER than the otherwise-lowest price.

For example, 8/22-8/23 is 535/nt (regular rate), but only 425/nt with Z38.
Damn. I'm going to try to sweet talk my way into it. Will let you know how it goes lol.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Damn. I'm going to try to sweet talk my way into it. Will let you know how it goes lol.

If only we can combine these with Prestige 4th night benefit. Maybe get Citi concierge to make the call and book for us?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by voisinator
Same with me, but I got mine in Jan 2015
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:50 pm

Charged 2 x $50 United gift registry spread over a couple weeks in February. I didn't tell CSR what the charges were, but he said they were coded as "United gift registry" and therefore denied reimbursement.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:09 pm

Yes I paid the AF in year one, and paid AF for year two when it was posted on my statement, then I lowered the CL.

Wish I had done it within year one.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hattoriheji
Yes I paid the AF in year one, and paid AF for year two when it was posted on my statement, then I lowered the CL.

Wish I had done it within year one.
You win at creative screennames. ^ Please tell me you're based in KIX/ITM.

Is there a difference between applying for this card first versus the Marriott one? (Trying to get in as many Chase cards as I can at this point.)
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:44 am

Any additional recent data points for AA, Delta, or Southwest gift cards being reimbursed?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:34 am

Please see my post in #138 for AA gift card.

Originally Posted by wahhutch9
Any additional recent data points for AA, Delta, or Southwest gift cards being reimbursed?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:10 am

If only we can combine these with Prestige 4th night benefit. Maybe get Citi concierge to make the call and book for us?
4th Night benefit on the Prestige has to be paid using the Prestige.

Z38 code specifies that the rate must be paid with the Ritz card.

Might be able to convince a CSR to do it, but it doesn't seem possible based on the restrictions.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by uneeq
4th Night benefit on the Prestige has to be paid using the Prestige.

Z38 code specifies that the rate must be paid with the Ritz card.

Might be able to convince a CSR to do it, but it doesn't seem possible based on the restrictions.
Definitely not possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.