Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arcana13
Do you see your reimbursement posted to your account? I called but the CS said it will be posted to my account in 2-3 billing cycles...
2-3 billing cycles? Is it April 1 yet?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by arcana13
Do you see your reimbursement posted to your account? I called but the CS said it will be posted to my account in 2-3 billing cycles...

I coulda sworn my guy said 2-3 days...
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsucool76
My AF was waived so I can't argue with em too much
I must have missed a post. How did you get the AF waived?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I must have missed a post. How did you get the AF waived?
I sent a SM

Me: Hi,
I just wanted to check in and see if there was any offer available to waive the annual fee for this card this year. Thanks in advanced!

Them: Thank you for contacting Chase about waiving the annual
fee on your Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier account ending
in XXXX.

Because the fee is consistent with the terms and
conditions that apply to the account, I am unable to
remove it from the open account.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Me: I was asking about the fee on my Ritz Carlton Rewards Card.

Thanks!

Them: Thank you for contacting Chase about the annual fee on
your Ritz-Carlton Rewards® credit card from J.P. Morgan
account ending in XXXX.

I can confirm the annual fee of $395 is waived for the
first year on the account.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:04 am
Suspended

If you go to theritzcarltonrewards.com now, you will see that the certificates offer is in play.

But the other offer is still there: theritzcarltonrewards.com/offer140k

I gave that website to the lady I spoke too. They had better honor that.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a different offer. It's one night, not two.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:40 am
Suspended

That's a different offer. It's one night, not two.
Yes I'm not sure what Ritz/Marriott is doing. They've got too many offers floating out there and they are screwing up big time.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsucool76
I sent a SM

I can confirm the annual fee of $395 is waived for the
first year on the account.
That sounds like they thought that it was already waived, not that they changed anything to waive it.

Maybe the offer that they thought you signed up through (which apparently does not match reality) includes a waived AF?

In other words, when they switch you to the 140k offer, it wouldn't suprise me if that included an annual fee.

But honestly this is all guesswork on my part since I have no clue what is going on. I didn't sign up for the card because the $300 credit is of no value to me and I don't really want to pay $400 for 140k pts. It's not a terrible deal but there are better ones out there (If I could get the 140k pts AND the waived AF I'd be all over it)
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:13 am
Suspended

That sounds like they thought that it was already waived, not that they changed anything to waive it.

Maybe the offer that they thought you signed up through (which apparently does not match reality) includes a waived AF?

In other words, when they switch you to the 140k offer, it wouldn't suprise me if that included an annual fee.

But honestly this is all guesswork on my part since I have no clue what is going on. I didn't sign up for the card because the $300 credit is of no value to me and I don't really want to pay $400 for 140k pts. It's not a terrible deal but there are better ones out there (If I could get the 140k pts AND the waived AF I'd be all over it)
The $300 can be used to buy gift cards and if you don't intend to use them, you can actually sell those back out to a few websites for 75 to 80% of value. Since it's a calendar award, you cover your AF and then some. So you're basically getting the points for free (which potentially have a 2k+ worth) plus a little extra cash.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMM1982
The $300 can be used to buy gift cards and if you don't intend to use them, you can actually sell those back out to a few websites for 75 to 80% of value. Since it's a calendar award, you cover your AF and then some. So you're basically getting the points for free (which potentially have a 2k+ worth) plus a little extra cash.
I don't have any use for the GCs and selling them online is more work than it's worth.

Also $2k+ seems a bit optimistic. I figure that 140k pts is worth about $1000.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:58 am
Suspended

I don't have any use for the GCs and selling them online is more work than it's worth.

Also $2k+ seems a bit optimistic. I figure that 140k pts is worth about $1000.
2 nights at Ritz Central Park is worth $2,000 (70k each night)
2 nights at Bachelor Gulch is worth $2,000 (70k each night)

And I'm sure some Marriott Category 7 properties at 35k each (Get to book 5 nights for the price of 4) would translate to some serious cash.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 nights at Ritz Central Park is worth $2,000 (70k each night)
2 nights at Bachelor Gulch is worth $2,000 (70k each night)

And I'm sure some Marriott Category 7 properties at 35k each (Get to book 5 nights for the price of 4) would translate to some serious cash.
Would you pay $1000 per night to stay at those hotels if you didn't have the points? I wouldn't, so it's not worth that much to me. Obviously you might value points differently, but IMO if you always look for the most expensive redemption options, you end up with unreasonably high valuations for points.

In short, just because they charge that much for it, doesn't mean that it's worth that much.

(FWIW, you are actually valuing the points at more than it costs to buy them)

Last edited by VegasGambler; Dec 26, 2014 at 2:35 am
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:46 am
Suspended

Would you pay $1000 per night to stay at those hotels if you didn't have the points? I wouldn't, so it's not worth that much to me. Obviously you might value points differently, but IMO if you always look for the most expensive redemption options, you end up with unreasonably high valuations for points.

In short, just because they charge that much for it, doesn't mean that it's worth that much.

(FWIW, you are actually valuing the points at more than it costs to buy them)
Haha probably so. I likely use these points differently than most. I hack offers and then use them on luxury trips (luxury airfare and luxury hotels) whenever possible. I don't generally use them to "save money." So my point valuation is probably significantly different than most.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
If you go to theritzcarltonrewards.com now, you will see that the certificates offer is in play.

But the other offer is still there: theritzcarltonrewards.com/offer140k

I gave that website to the lady I spoke too. They had better honor that.
Please let us know if they do indeed honor that. I'm still waiting to apply because I want to make sure the 140k offer is upheld.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:23 am

What's everyone thoughts on channeling this through one CSR so they can really see how many people this is affecting? I talked to one CSR today who seemed honestly interested in helping and found the 140k offer page which we applied through and agrees we should get 140k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.