Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by mumum17
Great.

I really want to hold on to the Ritz for now and still get the Marriott cc on top of it to pad the miles for a trip.
That will work. I hold the Ritz CC and just received the Marriott CC 25 days ago.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

I had Ritz and Marriott (private/business) at the same time too. No problems
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:44 am

AA gift card may not work anymore for the reimburse

Called CS 2nd time and they still reviewed these purchases as gift certificate. I guess AA has coded gift card in a separate way...No luck

Originally Posted by firrainbow
$300 credit data point: Bought two $100 AA gift cards separately during past week. Called CS today and the agent found they are coded in gift certificate......even it didn't show that on online statement. Will try to call them one more time but figure crossed......
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

When did your 2nd AF show up? My first statement closed 2/5/2015 and the AF wasn't shown at the 2/5/2016 statement (limit was 1k but needed to increase to 2k a couple month back)
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Just to confirm, if I use my marriott account number when applying, my marriott status will be upgraded to gold?. Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by sbc94523
Just to confirm, if I use my marriott account number when applying, my marriott status will be upgraded to gold?. Thanks
Correct.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 12:06 pm

My second year annual fee will hit in May.

I'm wondering is there a way I could get both a retention offer and annual fee credit for the second year. I'm thinking of moving my credit line to another Chase card leaving just $1k (or whatever minimum they allow there). And then ask for a retention offer as well with the intention of keeping the card for the second year with lower CL.

Is this being too greedy?

If not, I wonder how to time it.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by onehitrenegade
My second year annual fee will hit in May.

I'm wondering is there a way I could get both a retention offer and annual fee credit for the second year. I'm thinking of moving my credit line to another Chase card leaving just $1k (or whatever minimum they allow there). And then ask for a retention offer as well with the intention of keeping the card for the second year with lower CL.

Is this being too greedy?

If not, I wonder how to time it.

I wouldn't push it.
What I'd do is lower the CL and wait to see if the AF is refunded. Give it one statement cycle. If it doesn't get refunded then call and try to get a retention offer. Or move some credit limit back.

I'm in year one and lowered the limit to $1500 and got the card fee refunded.

If the fee stays off my account in year two ill just let it fly under the radar. If it does get charged I'll reassess then if I want to keep the card
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:06 am

When you lower your CL to avoid the AF, are you still getting the annual $300 travel credit?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by imd102
When you lower your CL to avoid the AF, are you still getting the annual $300 travel credit?
Yes. And if you can manage to spend 10K, you still get Gold. The benefits don't change, just the CL.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by imd102
Yes. I used up the credit right when I got the card. The CL reduction request was the following month.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:11 pm

Love this card. Just booked 2 nights for 2 rooms using certificates at $239/night for Club Lounge level rooms that listed for $489/night. So, I am getting $1,000 benefit from the card on the trip.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mach5
Love this card. Just booked 2 nights for 2 rooms using certificates at $239/night for Club Lounge level rooms that listed for $489/night. So, I am getting $1,000 benefit from the card on the trip.
Agree completely. At most places you can nearly recoup the annual fee in just one night.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:16 pm

Just applied for the Ritz after getting denied for the Citi Premier card about a week ago.

Next day approval for a 5k limit. The Club Lounge Level and two free nights are gonna come in handy for my summer trip to Barcelona.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
Just applied for the Ritz after getting denied for the Citi Premier card about a week ago.

Next day approval for a 5k limit. The Club Lounge Level and two free nights are gonna come in handy for my summer trip to Barcelona.
Just be aware that you can't use the Club Lounge upgrades in conjunction with the free nights

Also keep in mind that in order to use the Club Lounge upgrade you have to call and book. You can check availability with rate code Z38.

Interestingly enough, sometimes that is LOWER than the otherwise-lowest price.

For example, 8/22-8/23 is 535/nt (regular rate), but only 425/nt with Z38.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.