Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Is there any way to still apply fr this card? I've looked and looked and all links appear dead. I figured that if they're discontinuing it on the 16th there may still be a place to apply. Perhaps not...
The apps were available at the brick & mortar branch on Friday, along with a 70K ink Plus offer.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:29 pm

How strict are the bank reps when you try to apply in branch and how much do they grill you? I just got the Ink Plus card in September but was hoping if I can sneak in and try to get the Ink Bold before it gets shut down.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
The apps were available at the brick & mortar branch on Friday, along with a 70K ink Plus offer.
Time t visit a branch I think...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:28 am

Applied in branch 10/28. Just got denied over recon call.
She claimed that my other Chase Business card (2 months old ink plus) is new and I'm not utilizing it (my utilization is >60%, she wanted 100 since it doesn't affect my credit). I've asked if she can split the limits or wait with the decision till it won't be too new, she said that we only have 30 days and that wouldn't be enough. This is my first credit card denial, I wish somebody would suggested me against applying, I've got it because of whole "it's gonna be over and late" craze. So if you've recently applied to other Ink don't do it.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
Applied in branch 10/28. Just got denied over recon call.
She claimed that my other Chase Business card (2 months old ink plus) is new and I'm not utilizing it (my utilization is >60%, she wanted 100 since it doesn't affect my credit). I've asked if she can split the limits or wait with the decision till it won't be too new, she said that we only have 30 days and that wouldn't be enough. This is my first credit card denial, I wish somebody would suggested me against applying, I've got it because of whole "it's gonna be over and late" craze. So if you've recently applied to other Ink don't do it.
When you applied in branch, did the banker grill you on questions or just helped you submit the application on your behalf?

Also I wonder if you didn't opt to call into recon line if it would have helped get your approved? I applied for Ink Plus back in August so I think I fall under a similar bucket to you in terms of how long I have had the Ink Plus card for.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
When you applied in branch, did the banker grill you on questions or just helped you submit the application on your behalf?

Also I wonder if you didn't opt to call into recon line if it would have helped get your approved? I applied for Ink Plus back in August so I think I fall under a similar bucket to you in terms of how long I have had the Ink Plus card for.
This on plus http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23437472-post163.html
On Bold, my business profile was already there I've just asked the guy not to change it.
I had two statements from plus already, paid off in full
now I wonder if the pull would be today or at the end of october when I've applied in the branch. I'd hate to see two pulls
I'm thinking on applying to something today before the pulls sync.
Any suggestions
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
This on plus http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23437472-post163.html
On Bold, my business profile was already there I've just asked the guy not to change it.
I had two statements from plus already, paid off in full
now I wonder if the pull would be today or at the end of october when I've applied in the branch. I'd hate to see two pulls
I'm thinking on applying to something today before the pulls sync.
Any suggestions
So are you saying that when you apply in branch, you just have to tell them your username you use for your business accounts login to look into your account? I am just curious if they the bank reps try to grill you on questions or just help you fill it out. I assume they don't have authority to approve you on the spot?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:35 pm

So are you saying that when you apply in branch, you just have to tell them your username you use for your business accounts login to look into your account? I am just curious if they the bank reps try to grill you on questions or just help you fill it out. I assume they don't have authority to approve you on the spot?
Certainly you don't have to give them any username. If they have a business profile on you they will see your previous business accounts. If you don't have, they have to create it for the offers to display. I had personal (checking account) but no business profile and on my ink plus, they couldn't understand how to apply.
Yes, you're being questioned about your business. Is it retail, wholesale, yearly income, what it actually does, etc. They submit the info, but it's not up to them to decide the outcome obviously. On my ink plus i was instantly approved, on Bold, got we will inform you about the decision later. I've decided to call after a week and got denied.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Sounds creative! I should get one some day
Well considering I submitted my app 2 weeks ago, I better just keep it as it is... probably I'll just send them a copy of my ssn & utility...
Mailed a copy of my tax return and checking acct statement. No idea how much chance do I have. Will report the outcome after they make their decision!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Mailed a copy of my tax return and checking acct statement. No idea how much chance do I have. Will report the outcome after they make their decision!
I assume you have a legit business?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:49 am

As a result of having opened the Ink Plus using the mailer I got for the 70,000 offer, I got a call from a Chase branch officer trying to promote banking business. I got Ink Plus before for another business for 60,000 points, but for that business the card I continue to use is Old Ink Bold which gives the 7,500 points bonus for spending $25,000, 15,000 more points for $50,000. I would never give up Old Ink Bold unless they discontinue the points bonuses.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
I assume you have a legit business?
I don't... "Sole proprietorship" company, you know what I mean...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:17 pm

If they already have a business profile listed for you, do they ask for your business income again (not your personal income, your business income) or do they just ask for personal information?

Additionally, does anyone know if it messes anything up for one's original account if one applies for a card as part of a different business (I have done consulting work for another business, which actually has a separate Tax ID number as a corporation and might be able to talk the owner into giving me a title to allow me to apply for a card).
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:13 pm

Couldn't convert IB to no fee ink & fee charged. Have IP too so looking to cancel the IB
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Couldn't convert IB to no fee ink & fee charged. Have IP too so looking to cancel the IB
Since Chase doesn't offer any no fee business charge cards, there is nothing to which to convert the Ink Bold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.