Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by sechs
Since Chase doesn't offer any no fee business charge cards, there is nothing to which to convert the Ink Bold.
See Ink Cash for business (not "charge card", but is no fee)
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by sechs
Since Chase doesn't offer any no fee business charge cards, there is nothing to which to convert the Ink Bold.
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
See Ink Cash for business (not "charge card", but is no fee)
I do not believe that you will be able to convert the card. You can most likely replace it with the no fee Ink Cash but this requires you to apply for the Ink Cash and take another hard pull.

This is what I had to do with my Ink Plus to Ink Classic (no longer available for new applicants). Once approved for it I transferred my existing line of credit to it from my Plus and asked the CSR to close my Plus card to avoid the annual fee.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:07 pm

Has anyone applied in brick and mortar in the last few days? I, too, will be trying to get this in before the 16th.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Has anyone applied in brick and mortar in the last few days? I, too, will be trying to get this in before the 16th.
I am still debating about trying to squeeze this in before it closes on the 16th. Just not sure if I will get approved since I just got the Ink Plus card about 2 months ago.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:29 am

If you have a different business name and good credit, you have a chance.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
is the in-branch ffer currently 50k points or 70k?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:34 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
is the in-branch ffer currently 50k points or 70k?
For the Bold, 50K. For the Plus 70K. In-branch only.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by medellinfein
I just tried applying earlier this morning at a branch here in Manhattan and the guy said that they no longer offer this card and that they restructured their cards several months ago and can only offer the Ink Plus or the Ink Cash. I will try at another branch later today just in case this guy didn't know what he was talking about.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I am still debating about trying to squeeze this in before it closes on the 16th. Just not sure if I will get approved since I just got the Ink Plus card about 2 months ago.
I don't have business cards with Chase, so it may be easy, or it may not :-)

Originally Posted by elbombo
I just tried applying earlier this morning at a branch here in Manhattan and the guy said that they no longer offer this card and that they restructured their cards several months ago and can only offer the Ink Plus or the Ink Cash. I will try at another branch later today just in case this guy didn't know what he was talking about.
Thanks for datapoint!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Mailed a copy of my tax return and checking acct statement. No idea how much chance do I have. Will report the outcome after they make their decision!
Another week... Still waiting for their decision............
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:19 pm

seems like I should just pay the $95 fee & keep the IB. Cancel or covert the Ink plus to Ink classic what that fees comes up?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
seems like I should just pay the $95 fee & keep the IB. Cancel or covert the Ink plus to Ink classic what that fees comes up?
I'd cancel instead of downgrading for the sign up bonus, but that's up to you.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Data point. You can still apply at brick & mortar today. The banker at my place could easily see the application @ his location.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:26 pm

Do they allow IP to be downgraded to INK cash or classic?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Data point. You can still apply at brick & mortar today. The banker at my place could easily see the application @ his location.
Awesome...I am thinking of trying it tomorrow at a B&M just to see if I am to get it. When you applied, did you use the same exact information as you did when you applied for the Ink Plus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.