Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Applied on Oct 22, mere minutes before the link disappeared. I've been checking the application status every few days. Just found out that I've been approved. I didn't have to call in. Not that I'm dreading it, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I already have $27k+ cl on my Ink Plus. I received $10k cl on Ink Bold. For those who are still waiting, keep the faith!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Is there any way to still apply fr this card? I've looked and looked and all links appear dead. I figured that if they're discontinuing it on the 16th there may still be a place to apply. Perhaps not...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Everyones looking to get this and Im looking to get rid of it. Ok AF hit back in June and I just finished off the max of $50K @ OSs that one can earn per yr, so I figured since by the time my Nov statement closes it will be just under 180 days since the AF was billed, that I may as well close it and get my $95 back

Of cause I will move my pts before that to my Ink Plus or Freedom acct and some to some vendors
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Not sure if anyone is in a similar situation like I am - applied on Oct 21, one day before the ghost link was removed. Got the 2week notice first, then 7-10days notice. Called again today, got "to repeat press 7 to end press blahblah to speak to a rep press blahblah"... No status update!
Still trying to patiently wait at this moment...
I had that same message but card was approved in a week.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Thanks for all the replies. I got a letter tonight in my mailbox, sent by chase. The fraud dept asked me to "provide us with the items specified below" -
Name of your company
Verification of tax identification number
Proof of current business physical address

I don't have a registered business at this moment. I don't have an EIN either. I think the reason why they are asking me for verification is because I recently applied for another ink card.
So should I just send them a copy of my SSN and my lease/utility bill?

Thanks again!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Thanks for all the replies. I got a letter tonight in my mailbox, sent by chase. The fraud dept asked me to "provide us with the items specified below" -
Name of your company
Verification of tax identification number
Proof of current business physical address

I don't have a registered business at this moment. I don't have an EIN either. I think the reason why they are asking me for verification is because I recently applied for another ink card.
So should I just send them a copy of my SSN and my lease/utility bill?

Thanks again!
You can get an EIN # in a day or two. Just go to irs.gov and apply. Also, some stationary with your business name and address on top would help. Be creative.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA
long story short, first got approved after recon,one hit on EX, then received decline letter and got a hit on EQ, recon again, finally got approved with another hit on TU. So three hits for the Bold, so bold.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:16 pm

Data point:

I went to a chase bank to apply today, was approved instantly. Still available in the branches for a while.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
You can get an EIN # in a day or two. Just go to irs.gov and apply. Also, some stationary with your business name and address on top would help. Be creative.
Sounds creative! I should get one some day
Well considering I submitted my app 2 weeks ago, I better just keep it as it is... probably I'll just send them a copy of my ssn & utility...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by zodiacs
Data point:

I went to a chase bank to apply today, was approved instantly. Still available in the branches for a while.
What sort of signup bonus did yu get? I suppose the 70k is long gone...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:41 am

Was the chase "ink cash" a thing previously, or is that replacing the bold?

Doesn't look like it participates in ultimate rewards; however, you still get the 5% at office supply stores and there's no annual fee...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:47 am

I have IB that got charged AF and they don't want to waive it. They wouldn't downgrade it. I have IP that will see AF in 2 months and I am sure they wouldn't waive on this one either. I want to keep one of these two. Which one would you pay to keep and which one would you cancel?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I have IB that got charged AF and they don't want to waive it. They wouldn't downgrade it. I have IP that will see AF in 2 months and I am sure they wouldn't waive on this one either. I want to keep one of these two. Which one would you pay to keep and which one would you cancel?

Personally, I would keep the Bold. Right now, it seems that every 2 years people are eligible for new signup bonuses on cards they have had before. Since the Bold is no longer available, you will never get that bonus again anyway.

So I would cancel the Plus since there is a possibility you could get that bonus again in the future.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
What sort of signup bonus did yu get? I suppose the 70k is long gone...
Just got the 50k bonus offer, better than nothing though!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:43 pm

Can we still apply Ink Bold Charge Card in the Branch??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.