Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by agp423
I wonder what will replace it?!?!?! New sign on bonus time?!?!
Usually, the 50k bonus for $5000 spend is the norm until Small Business week when the bonus goes up to 60k for $5000 spend.

Anyone know when small business week is for 2015?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:00 am

I just think it still BS that they lied about the Nov 16th date when in fact they have taken it down more than 1 month ahead of time.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I just think it still BS that they lied about the Nov 16th date when in fact they have taken it down more than 1 month ahead of time.
How do we know anyone lied? Maybe the rumors the bloggers heard were just wrong.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
It will be in May, but I do not see that a specific week has been chosen yet.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Usually, the 50k bonus for $5000 spend is the norm until Small Business week when the bonus goes up to 60k for $5000 spend.

Sorry I meant new sign on bonus from a new card. Since I have just about had/have every useful Chase card available on the market now.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
Sorry I meant new sign on bonus from a new card. Since I have just about had/have every useful Chase card available on the market now.

I don't know there will be a new card anytime soon if you are specifically talking about Ink cards. A couple of years ago, there were 4 Ink cards: Ink Cash, Ink Plus, Ink Bold, and I forgot the last one. If I remember correctly, it had no annual fee like the Cash, and you could earn points with it. I am sure someone here can remember the name of the 4th card.

Unless someone has heard otherwise, Chase might just have two Ink cards now. They never replaced that 4th card.

Edited to add: The 4th card was the Ink Classic. So the 4 ink cards offered a couple of years ago were the Cash, Classic, Plus and Bold.

Last edited by jeanie; Oct 28, 2014 at 5:42 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
So the Ink 70k offer is still alive in branch?
Yes, AFAIK. I applied last Friday, Oct 24. I sat with a banker, asked for it, and he entered the application for me.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:19 am

what will happen to the card for those of us who have it already? I didn't hear anything from Chase...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by lewinr
what will happen to the card for those of us who have it already? I didn't hear anything from Chase...
If you do some web searches, one site mentions support to 2017, but until that comes from chase, it's just added conjecture.

It won't matter a bit if chase announces a new product with similar advantages and a similar 50k or so sign up. One can hope.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:42 am

As I've mentioned here I was able to apply (10.28.14) for Bold w/ 50K bonus in NYC branch. So the offer is still there. IDK if they will give it to me though.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:02 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I went to the branch yesterday. They still have the laminated offers chart which includes a 50K Ink Bold and a 70K Ink Plus. Must complete the application in the branch, but it's there! GO!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:36 pm

Applied online on 10/21 a few hours before the link was removed and approval just came through today.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Not sure if anyone is in a similar situation like I am - applied on Oct 21, one day before the ghost link was removed. Got the 2week notice first, then 7-10days notice. Called again today, got "to repeat press 7 to end press blahblah to speak to a rep press blahblah"... No status update!
Still trying to patiently wait at this moment...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Not sure if anyone is in a similar situation like I am - applied on Oct 21, one day before the ghost link was removed. Got the 2week notice first, then 7-10days notice. Called again today, got "to repeat press 7 to end press blahblah to speak to a rep press blahblah"... No status update!
Still trying to patiently wait at this moment...

If you want to talk to a rep for business recon, you have to call on a business day.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
If you want to talk to a rep for business recon, you have to call on a business day.
Thanks for your reply. I called the automated line again to check application status, still got no response, just "to repeat press 7 to end press whatever to speak to rep press 0".
I will give it another couple of days... since I was recently approved an InkPlus. Considering the hard time a rep might give me (like we think you might be desperately seeking for new credit blahblah), I'd rather refrain speaking to any live person from chase biz card service... just wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.