Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Over at mile value commenter "CJ" mentions that he SM'd Chase and was told the Ink Bold was being eliminated on Nov. 16. According to CJ, after 11/16, there will be no change to the card.

With all this talk of the Ink Plus, don't forget about signing up for this 50k offer too!

BTW, because the Ink Bold is a charge card, does this not count against the amount of credit Chase will extend to you and make it less likely to get a later approval for another card?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:24 am

Is Ink Bold getting discontinued?

Saw on MMS this morning. I have Ink Plus and had no plans of applying for any cards in the next 1 or 2 years (because of a potential mortgage) but if Chase is really discontinuing Bold, then I'll apply for one.

It won't appear on my credit report and impact my utilization anyway (being a business and charge card), right?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
The pull would be on your personal credit report, but the account won't. There will be a business credit report generated in the name of the business you list, but that would be separate.

I have seen several rumors that the last day to apply for the Bold will either be November 16 or 17. I don't have any personal knowledge to support or deny that, though.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
The Bold was so flawed in execution as to be useless.

Not a surprise.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes

Not a surprise.
Expand, what do you mean?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:04 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes

Not a surprise.
Who cares? The bonus sure isn't useless and id hate to see it go away before I get one.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:49 pm

Am I correct in thinking going for Bold before they pull the app may be a better strategy than the 70k offer for Plus? Has Chase historically viewed Bold and Plus as two different products and allowed bonuses to be paid out on both within 24 months for the same business? If so, one could get 50k now and 50-70k in 6 mo instead of being limited to 70k for two years.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:03 am
In memoriam

There is no particular limit on applying for INK cards--or on having several at one time. So long as you have a rational explanation for the credit analyst as to why you need the new card in a different business name.

I have gotten four in the last few months.

Thus apply for both with a little wait in between.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:56 am

I did personal apps with chase in Aug and Sept. I have lowered the credit limit on those cards to increase the odds of auto approval on my next app. This has been a successful strategy in the past. How long should I wait for a business app (bold card)? I want to wait long enough to increase the odds but before it goes away. I do not want to have to call in.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:13 pm
In memoriam

If you are afraid of talking to one of the nice credit analysts at Chase after you apply for a biz card Chase may not be the issuer for you.

IMHE, I just about always have to call in to get the app approved for a biz card. I usually make the call right after I get the app received message on screen. Otherwise you wind up waiting for a week or two to get a letter telling you you've been rejected or more info is needed and then you have to call in anyhow.

Why don't you want to call?

PS Credit analyst usually reallocates credit while you are on the line so no need to do it in advance--and advance reallocation could be harmful.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
If you are afraid of talking to one of the nice credit analysts at Chase after you apply for a biz card Chase may not be the issuer for you.

IMHE, I just about always have to call in to get the app approved for a biz card. I usually make the call right after I get the app received message on screen. Otherwise you wind up waiting for a week or two to get a letter telling you you've been rejected or more info is needed and then you have to call in anyhow.

PS Credit analyst usually reallocates credit while you are on the line so no need to do it in advance--and advance reallocation could be harmful.
You seem to be an idealist on this subject
I can see why somebody would want to call in (jason Im looking at you) I was approved for the card one year ago (after several attempts throughout the year) Anyway, I then just put my foot down and said,
"Even if you don't think I have a business now,(why do I have to beg you) how in the world can I think of something if I cant have a good card to potentially separate expenses on " I was then FINALLY APPROVED
Anyway, But this year, After several attempts to get INK plus, and being rudely declined (interrogated about my spending)

I dont want to turn this into a rant about chase ,

BUT I'm almost ashamed to say , but their rewards program , is actually really good. I honestly feel that's at the expense of having good and competent customer service or taking the time to actually investigate and settle disputed/ fraudulent charges

Again this is my honest opinion
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:19 pm

I assure you, there are some very, very not nice analysts in the biz department.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:12 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Tylt33
I assure you, there are some very, very not nice analysts in the biz department.
Perhaps it has something to do with having a real business rather than one manufactured for credit use? @:-) Not that there is anything wrong with that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outing

Anyhow, joking aside: IME the analysts at Chase are pretty nice. They will decide for you if you give them the answers they need to give you a card in line with Chase policy. Have a reasonable statement as to why you need the card ready before calling and take a look at your CR beforehand--the analyst certainly will have it in front of them.

PS I have the impression the analysts have a quota of some sort for opening accounts so they are pro opening if they can justify it. As background to the whole thing you may find this article interesting: http://news.yahoo.com/u-banks-ramp-c...xU22MAuGPQtDMD

Last edited by biggestbopper; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:19 am Reason: add info
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:36 am

Perhaps it has something to do with having a real business rather than one manufactured for credit use? @:-) Not that there is anything wrong with that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outing

Anyhow, joking aside: IME the analysts at Chase are pretty nice. They will decide for you if you give them the answers they need to give you a card in line with Chase policy. Have a reasonable statement as to why you need the card ready before calling and take a look at your CR beforehand--the analyst certainly will have it in front of them.

PS I have the impression the analysts have a quota of some sort for opening accounts so they are pro opening if they can justify it. As background to the whole thing you may find this article interesting: http://news.yahoo.com/u-banks-ramp-c...xU22MAuGPQtDMD

Perhaps, but they can't know that for sure

For instance, because I am physically disabled ,I am on a state program whereby I can hire people of my choosing,to take care of me. This is officially considered a business with EIN. (and trust me I've told them about it, but was still declined on several occasions).
Therefore, their approval metric is at best pretty weird

On the other hand,
I was first approved for a citi biz card without any real questions,
Me. Can you look at this application for a business card?
Citi rep. Sure
Citi rep is this a new business
Me yes
Citi rep, I know how important it is to separate expenses
Me yes
Citi rep you have been approved, albeit for a small CL

Ironically though,
I ended up cancelling that card shortly after getting the bonus (not planned)
The online management experience for that card was downright outdated and terrible, and I couldn't manage that card via the mobile app. (i hope for their sake, they fixed those issues)

Last edited by rgAAFT; Oct 14, 2014 at 9:09 am
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Nice doesn't matter if they say yes!

Originally Posted by Tylt33
True, but as other people have posted, I "think" they are encouraged to try to approve what they can (CL Reallocation, 20 questions about business and use). I've found, especially with other Chase cards, if you use the other cards you have with Chase, they are receptive.

Applied for the Bold, have Ink Plus MC and Ink Cash Visa and got the pending screen. Intentionally waited and did not call and it was 2 weeks from HP on credit before I got e-mail on Monday with approval and got cards by Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.