Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please follow the topic here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1986148-chase-closed-my-credit-card-account-s-tales-speculation-2019-thread.html

If you feel your account has been unfairly closed, consider filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau:

CFPB's complaint form: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

When someone reports an account closure here, a lot of the same questions get asked. It might be useful to answer some questions in advance. This could help figure out what happened or how to proceed:
  1. Did you transfer UR points to someone with a different address? Different last name?
  2. Did you sell UR points to someone?
  3. Approximately what percentage of your charges earned less than 5x points in the past 12 months?
  4. Did a Chase or non-Chase bank recently close one of your credit cards?
  5. Are you using up a large percentage of your credit line on all Chase and non-Chase credit cards?
  6. Is your total credit line with Chase much higher than with other banks?
  7. Did you apply for many credit cards or other forms of credit in the past 2 months? ("Many" may be hard to define.)
  8. If you have a Chase checking account how much did you typically deposit in money orders per month, if any?
  9. Did you recently start spending a lot more with Chase than in typical months?
  10. Is your monthly balance frequently close to your credit limit?
  11. Approximately what percentage of spending was on gift cards this year?
  12. How much of your bill do you typically pay using WM or KMart bill payment if any?
  13. Do you have a Chase mortgage or other account that might be profitable to Chase?
  14. Has your credit score or credit profile changed recently? As in: significantly more debt, more open credit lines, or a large drop in your credit score?
Related threads: 2013.1 2013.4
2013.12 2014.6
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ta-points.html

On 1/4/15, LivelyFL noted that 34 posts have referenced account closures (updated 1/25/15):
1, 55, 80, 108, 117, 129, 146, 165, 182, 212, 221, 222, 232, 235, 262, 272, 281, 326, 364, 410, 411, 428, 475, 477, 482, 513, 552, 586, 620, 648, 656, 662, 714, 718, 784 and 815.

Mortgasm provided more detail as follows:

001 - moarmiles little explaination - 'inconsistent spending'
055 - brettskyg chase gift cards tiny ms
080 - Artemk checking chase gift card, tiny MS, international wires, wall-mart BP
108 - TTnc4me (105 actually) no info
117 - rodsren
129 - Kybosh chase gift card checking
146 - mintcilantro - checking 6k/month MS, BB payments from another ss#, some MO/AP, 7new cards in 90days, short cycling
165 - newcomr - checking
182 - thehawk75 - heavy MSw/other banks,
212 - LRD - 2x spend of 20k /month (on two cards), checking
221 - iceman 77_7, no info
222 - jk2 no info
232 - hitman1420 checking , heavy MS activity (no number)
235 - clearlyanewb checking, MS activity (10k AGC and more), light credit history, 10 recent inquiries
262 - brc01 - shortcycling, some MS (18k/month over a few cards), 1
272 - rambo - 70% MS on 5 cards, WM BP of 16k/month on 5 cards
281 - prestonv - heavy MS - 20k/month on multiple chase cards, heavy WMBP (ink stayed open)
326 - pacupgo - false alarm, no shutdown
364 - edh101985 - tiny MS (bonus only) , 4 chase cards in 6 months,
410 - msetr - lots of freedom/ink ms
411 - standaman360 - international wires (business), million dollar balances,
428 - queensgambit - gambling transactions, UR point transfer from SO, 5 chase apps 3 new chase cc in 45 days, Blogger points coach
475 - dogloverjb - checking, international wires,
477 - ftomasz - 14 inquiries in 8 months, 5 chase, minimal MS, rapid upswing in credit, paying from multiple accounts
482 - liw5215 - Heavy MS, re-entered after 13 months
513 - thegasguru - checking, $3k/month MO to checking, NO MS, AP,
552 - LAXtoWorld - 3 cards in 30 days
586 - adavydov7 checking, $1k APs,
648 - CMHFlyerOH - checking, MO, 3k gift cards
656 - I can see for miles - Maxed UR 5x rewards on Freedom and Ink cards. Chased closed all accounts. Was approved for Ritz Carlton card 14 months later and did nothing unusual with it, other than lower CL from 30K to 10K to free up CL for possible approvals. Two subsequent Chase apps (Chase Ink and Marriott Rewards), on separate dates 3+ months later, were declined for a "previous unsatisfactory relationship ..."
662 - frogdog51 - Chase VGCs (Reapproved in 12 months)
677 - Subdawg - closed for piggybacking
714 - Mamibear - 'abuse' redcard MS
718 - maxswanson - MS, 11 chase cards, traded UR, (reapproved after 12 months)
752 - peaser - "reputational risk" associated with the business (decision reversed later)
757 - uncommonsensical checking, 3 Cashier's Check deposits with quick w/d (the w/d were to pay CHASE credit cards! ridiculous 'loss prevention' dept. gods). All CC's closed 2 days later. Tried EX Office- they seem to have zero power once the Mullah in loss prevention has issued a fatwa (my guess: some 27 year old with a god complex).
762 - knopfler - checking closed (all credit cards closed in both mine and Mrs. Knopflers accounts about three weeks after checking closure)
771 - milemonkey - 'reputational Risk" connected to Attorney General lawsuit
784 - unstable one: 2 cash deposits over 10k to chase checking
815 - dukerau - one time UR point sale, 77% spending is 5x,
Print Wikipost

Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superorb
Did you click on the link you quoted??
You're a nice guy for even bothering to respond to that post.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:38 am
RNE

Originally Posted by tassojunior
After getting several cards and a high CL, Chase got an ARS or IDA report on me. There was an unfavorable neighbor remark on it.
You've posted this vague warning all over the place, but you've never stated what your neighbor's remark was. If you're unwilling to do that, just stop your scaremongering already.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:10 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by worldspan
Forgive me, can anyone tell me what an ARS or IDA report is ? Thanks
From the linked article:

two secondary credit bureaus: ARS (Advanced Resolution Services) and IDA (ID Analytics)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From the linked article:

two secondary credit bureaus: ARS (Advanced Resolution Services) and IDA (ID Analytics)
Awww, you spoon fed him...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by RNE
You've posted this vague warning all over the place, but you've never stated what your neighbor's remark was. If you're unwilling to do that, just stop your scaremongering already.
Because the remark from my ex-neighbor is unimportant. It had to do with a police call which resulted in no arrest.

What is important is that ARS & IDA contain things that go way beyond the three major bureaus and that is why so many people have so much trouble getting approvals from US Bank. They use them routinely on initial applications. But people don't realize that Chase also will call in ARS & IDA reviews when they get nervous about you for any reason.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:13 am
RNE

Because the remark from my ex-neighbor is unimportant. It had to do with a police call which resulted in no arrest.

What is important is that ARS & IDA contain things that go way beyond the three major bureaus and that is why so many people have so much trouble getting approvals from US Bank. They use them routinely on initial applications. But people don't realize that Chase also will call in ARS & IDA reviews when they get nervous about you for any reason.
I think the remark is important if it can trigger the kind of problem you alluded to. You're anonymous on here. Spill your guts already.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RNE
I think the remark is important if it can trigger the kind of problem you alluded to. You're anonymous on here. Spill your guts already.
Sounds like the neighbor heard screaming from tasso's house and called the police to report a disturbance. Police came by, checked it out, and not enough evidence to press charges.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Lotz
It had to do with an argument over my ex-neighbor continually putting his trash in my trash cans. Lots of trash for months. Eventually I took the cans and emptied his trash back on his front yard and he called the police. No charges but it's on ARS and/or IDA.

ARS and IDA have a lot more than the normal credit bureaus and they're why US Bank is so hard for approval for many people. But Chase uses them on current high CL customers. That's what's important to let people know.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like you can request your IDA report here:

http://www.idainc.com/consumer-report/

Can't find anything for ARS.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:23 pm

All credit cards showing as closed as of today (checking account closed by Chase Jan. 23rd) except the one business card that I have.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by knopfler
All credit cards showing as closed as of today (checking account closed by Chase Jan. 23rd) except the one business card that I have.
Why?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Why?
Checking account was closed due to a large amount of MO deposits over a long period of time. And from reading this thread, I was expecting the card closures to soon follow.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by knopfler
Checking account was closed due to a large amount of MO deposits over a long period of time. And from reading this thread, I was expecting the card closures to soon follow.
Did any of your closed cards have UR point balances?
If so, did they give you an opportunity to transfer points out?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:26 pm

It had to do with an argument over my ex-neighbor continually putting his trash in my trash cans. Lots of trash for months. Eventually I took the cans and emptied his trash back on his front yard and he called the police. No charges but it's on ARS and/or IDA.

ARS and IDA have a lot more than the normal credit bureaus and they're why US Bank is so hard for approval for many people. But Chase uses them on current high CL customers. That's what's important to let people know.
tassojunior you said this argument with the neighbor is on "ARS and/or IDA." Have you actually seen it documented on both those reports? Also you mentioned in another thread you had all your AmEx cards closed because you didn't comply with an FR. Are you sure that didn't have something to do with the Chase closure?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Looks like you can request your IDA report here:

http://www.idainc.com/consumer-report/

Can't find anything for ARS.
I got a copy of mine about a year ago - I can't find the folder with the information right now but I searched online and found this -

"Contact the ICS consumer office, Advanced Resolution Services, at 1-800-392-8911 to place a fraud alert on ICS and request a copy of their ICS consumer report."

https://www.visaicsdirect.com/faq.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.