Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I don't flay BA often, but I wouldn't say no to 50K free miles. My question is, can I easily use those miles to book an AA or other OneWorld flight?
While BA frequently deserves to be flayed, using Avios to book on AA is pretty easy. See the wiki at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...awards-aa.html.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Thank you Beltway. I figured such a wiki existed but couldn't find it. And I'm still laughing at my own typo that you caught !!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by milaohu
Chase may screwed up the bonus.
signed up with the 50k/75k/100k BA offer
finished the $10k purchase on Sep 28,2016.
statement closing on Oct 4, 2016 only showed purchase miles, NOT the additional 25k bonus miles.
Did yours get sorted out? I completed about $21k worth of spend and haven't received any additional bonuses outside of the first 50K Avios. I called Chase and they're saying the only offer associated to my account was 50K Avios with first year AF waived. I'm positive and insisted that I applied for the 100K tiered offer but they won't budge. I applied online, wasn't approved, waited for letter then called recon to get approved. I insisted the offers must have gotten screwed up during the recon call but they said that's not possible. Not sure what choice I have here. I don't have a screenshot of my original app.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:15 pm

When I spent 10K on the card, I got the extra 25K bonus.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpen1827
Just applied through 50K link. Was denied to due not meeting bonus 24 month requirements; the CSR said they counted from the last 25K.

Do i understand right that Chase counts 24 mo from the last posted part of signup bonus structure eg 25k after 15k spend?

(i got the initial bonus 9 mo ago and can hit $15k threshold now with some major spend coming up this month but if this resets the clock i'd rather just wait and get a brand new card 15+ mo from now)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:36 pm

Anyone have recommendations if this card bonus is going to pop back up to 75K or higher?

Tapped out on chase, so figure I might as well grab this...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:10 pm

Do you have to make a payment before the bonus posts? I signed up for the 3k for 50k points and hit the spend the first month. Only the spend miles (3k) are showing up....
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dascc
... hit the spend the first month. ...
If you met the quota near the end of the billing cycle the bonus will post after the next statement. It appears that Chase calculates bonuses a week or so before the closing date for all cards.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you met the quota near the end of the billing cycle the bonus will post after the next statement. It appears that Chase calculates bonuses a week or so before the closing date for all cards.
Thanks, that could explain it. My final purchase that pushed me over the hump was on the 16th and the statement cycled on the 24th.....
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Any experiences with clawbacks on the spending bonus, if a return brings you below the threshold?

Made a refundable flight purchase last year and made the $10k threshold barely with that (for an additional 25k Avios), but ended up not making the flight this week. And now the refund has posted back to the card, so my total spend with that refund would be $9.5k...

Will the 25k bonus get clawed back? The card is already closed, if that matters.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Any experiences with clawbacks on the spending bonus, if a return brings you below the threshold?

Made a refundable flight purchase last year and made the $10k threshold barely with that (for an additional 25k Avios), but ended up not making the flight this week. And now the refund has posted back to the card, so my total spend with that refund would be $9.5k...

Will the 25k bonus get clawed back? The card is already closed, if that matters.

Thanks!
How can you refund on a closed card? I would assume they would clawback since you didn't make the spend.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
How can you refund on a closed card? I would assume they would clawback since you didn't make the spend.
I guess it depends on the bank, but some closed cards should still be able to accept refunds. It just posted to my balance as a credit and I now have a negative balance on my account.

Chase allowed me to transfer that negative balance over to another card (which takes ~24 hours) instead of sending a check.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Chase British Airways 100K Avios offer is back

Here is the link: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s/credit-cards
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
It's more 50K plus 25K after $10K spent in first year and another 25K after $20K spent in first year.

A bit much of a requirement for me but may work with others.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
It's more 50K plus 25K after $10K spent in first year and another 25K after $20K spent in first year.

A bit much of a requirement for me but may work with others.
True.. It is $20K/year total in order to receive 100K Avios and $10K/year to receive 75K

I have upcoming expense of about $22K so I applied for me and wife.. we both will receive 75K avios instead of me getting 100K miles :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.