Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Some of the blogs hinted that this offer might end yesterday, but it looks like it is still up. Anyone when this will end or if?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:23 am

Any reports recently of people receiving the bonuses, or any reports of not receiving the bonuses after completing the required spend?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Superorb
Any reports recently of people receiving the bonuses, or any reports of not receiving the bonuses after completing the required spend?
Not sure of what value it actually is but ...

4/2017 2nd round of chase BA cards for the wife and I (last bonus 24+months ago). Completed the 20k spend on one in August with the final of the 100k posting end augst. Completed the final 20k spend on the other in September and the final 100k posted end of September.

19 y/o of the house I applied for in September when this latest 100k offer became available and have met 8k of the 20k so far.

Household account now over 400k for 4 people and should be over 500k when finished.
felicity5 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Not sure of what value it actually is but ...

4/2017 2nd round of chase BA cards for the wife and I (last bonus 24+months ago). Completed the 20k spend on one in August with the final of the 100k posting end augst. Completed the final 20k spend on the other in September and the final 100k posted end of September.

19 y/o of the house I applied for in September when this latest 100k offer became available and have met 8k of the 20k so far.

Household account now over 400k for 4 people and should be over 500k when finished.
Good to know, thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:49 am

Looks like the offer changed to only 75k points total possible.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Superorb
Looks like the offer changed to only 75k points total possible.

Title and wiki changed accordingly.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Title and wiki changed accordingly.
Wish I wasn't right, but thanks for the update.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any reasons to keep the BA card?

I have the 100k bonus and have earned the companion cert, doing the same for my wife

May make sense to close and wait 2 more years before applying again.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
No benefit to closing before next renewal. Chase measures two years from final bonus posting date, not from account open or close.
felicity5 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:09 am

Within the past 2 years, I have received the following cards:
1) Chase Preferred, 2) Reserve, and 3) Personal Southwest.
4) Amex Delta Gold and 5) Delta Plat.
6) Barclay's AA Aviator.

I am familiar with Chase 5/24 rule; however, I read this thread (Link which mentioned that the Chase BA was one of the few cards that didn't seem to apply to this rule.

My plan was to apply to the Chase BA 75k promo.

Thoughts/Suggestion/Input?

Thanks in advance....
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Within the past 2 years, I have received the following cards:
1) Chase Preferred, 2) Reserve, and 3) Personal Southwest.
4) Amex Delta Gold and 5) Delta Plat.
6) Barclay's AA Aviator.

I am familiar with Chase 5/24 rule; however, I read this thread (Link which mentioned that the Chase BA was one of the few cards that didn't seem to apply to this rule.

My plan was to apply to the Chase BA 75k promo.

Thoughts/Suggestion/Input?

Thanks in advance....
^ Good plan. Good luck.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:43 pm

I applied for myself and was approved tonight.

However, when I also applied for my wife, she received the following message "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days."

Should I have her call or wait?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
I applied for myself and was approved tonight.

However, when I also applied for my wife, she received the following message "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days."

Should I have her call or wait?

Thanks in advance
Have her call but coach her on what to say.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
If you add an authorized user to this card, will chase give you an extra 5000 Avios/points like they do with a lot of their other cards?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
If you add an authorized user to this card, will chase give you an extra 5000 Avios/points like they do with a lot of their other cards?
If its not mentioned in the offer; then you will not get 5k for an additional authorized user, and to the best of my knowledge this offer doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.