Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:01 am

Are there any BA links with 50k and a waived annual fee floating around? I don't think that the $15k spend is on the cards for me.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rownada
Anyone know after initial linkage to your executive club account upon visa card opening, do we need to keep our BA EC account address to be in the US to continue receiving Avios from Chase every month? I recently changed my BAEC address to the UK to receive the card there but wondering if I need to change it back to the US for the monthly Chase transfer to go smoothly
You should research this in the BA forum. Policies and practices change, but in my experience BA will not allow you to receive Avois from affinity cards issued in two countries (the card must be issued in the country where the BAEC account is registered), nor will they allow frequent changes of BAEC account registration.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone earned the Travel Together ticket yet? I met the 30k spending requirement 2 billing cycles ago and I still don't see it in my account. But then again, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Once I'm logged into my Executive Club account, it shows me my avios, tier points, upcoming flights, etc. Is there a specific place on the page I should be looking?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:19 am
mia

Originally Posted by 9volt
Once I'm logged into my Executive Club account, it shows me my avios, tier points, upcoming flights, etc. Is there a specific place on the page I should be looking?
Beneath the Avios and Tier Points, and directly above Upcoming Flights will be a section headed My eVouchers.

Are you sure you met the full $30,000 spend in calendar 2016 and excluded the annual fee, adjusted for credits, etc?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
Are you sure you met the full $30,000 spend in calendar 2016 and excluded the annual fee, adjusted for credits, etc?
Yep, I'm positive. I went through and manually added up every transaction since Jan 1. I did it 3 times just to be sure.

Will there be an e-vouchers section, even if you don't have any e-vouchers? (and it'll just be empty?) Because I don't even have an empty e-vouchers section.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:33 am

Has anyone earned the Travel Together ticket yet? I met the 30k spending requirement 2 billing cycles ago and I still don't see it in my account. But then again, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I received my "Chase Redemption Voucher for Companion" on July 6th.

It appears under "My eVouchers" just above "My Upcoming Flights"

It was a little strange that the voucher appeared on July 6th because my statement date is July13th. The finance card miles were not awarded until July 13th.. It appears they gave me the voucher as soon as the annual total charged hit $30K and did not wait for the statement date.

I have had no problems with my account, however, I am about to post a question concerning a possible problem with my wife's account.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:51 am

I have had a BA Visa since January 1st and everything has gone fine with all miles awarded in a timely fashion. My first statement was Jan 11 and the miles, including 50,000 bonus miles were awarded January 13th. I am the only user on this account.

My wife obtained a BA Visa, on which she is the only user, in early June with a first statement date of July 8th she was awarded 2434 miles for the $2434 spend on July 10th but no bonus miles.

I called Chase BA Visa to confirm that the required spend was $2000 and that there was no problem that would affect her receiving the 50,000 mile bonus. They said everything looks fine but she still has not been awarded the bonus miles. We have ceased spend on that card until we get the bonus.

Anyone have, or know of similar experiences.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:25 pm
mia

Originally Posted by chinook9
...first statement date of July 8th she was awarded 2434 miles for the $2434 spend on July 10th but no bonus miles.
This is common across many Chase card types, there is an unpublished bonus cutoff date a few days before statements are generated. If your wife crossed the bonus threshold only a few days before the statement date the points will post after the next statement is generated, and not before.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is common across many Chase card types, there is an unpublished bonus cutoff date a few days before statements are generated. If your wife crossed the bonus threshold only a few days before the statement date the points will post after the next statement is generated, and not before.
Thank you, that would explain it.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
I met the 30k spending requirement 2 billing cycles ago and I still don't see it in my account.
send a secure message to chase. they can confirm your exact spending and investigate the CP
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I clicked the link in the wiki, it is now $3000 spend for the 50K avio and no mention of the additional 15K. And also the annual fee is not waived. Any one has other link/offer? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
I clicked the link in the wiki, it is now $3000 spend for the 50K avio and no mention of the additional 15K. And also the annual fee is not waived.
Wiki updated.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I got the card in September 2015, and used it to book BA flights in December 2016 with the CARDOFFERU promo code. I'll ask for a retention offer when the AF hits, but if I don't get one is it safe to cancel the card?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:37 am

Applied for the BA card back in Dec. 2015. Specs were $2k in 3mos for 50k avios, $10k for additional 25k avios, $20k for additional 25k avios, within first year. $95 AF waived.

Applied through this link: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...H90&PROMO=DF01

Met the $2k and 50k posted. Recently met the $10k and nothing has posted.

SM'ed Chase, and they said that I did not qualify:

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding the enrollment
bonus offer on your British Airways credit card account.

Review of your account confirmed that the offer linked to
your application is 50,000 bonus Avios after $2,000 in
purchases during the first 3 months your account is open.

We understand that you have requested the offer that would
also include 25,000 Avios after $10,000.00 and $20,000.00
in purchases within the first year.

In order to request an upgrade to a newer enrollment bonus
offer, your account must be less than 90 days old. Since
your account was established in 2015, we regret to advise
that we are unable to apply the 100,000 enrollment bonus
offer to your current account.

However, if you can provide confirmation of your original
request for an enrollment upgrade, that you sent us within
the first 90 days of your account open date, as well as
our response of approval, we will review your inquiry
again.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate any past requests
either by phone or in writing from you requesting we
upgrade your enrollment bonus. The promotional copy you
sent may be the newest offer that cannot be applied to
your current account."

...? Has anyone encountered this as well, where Chase does not acknowledge the promo that you had signed up for? And do you think, even though the link is now expired, that they could look back on this link as proof?

Very disappointed because it took a lot of dedicated spend to miss out on this additional bonus.

Last edited by ahchiu; Jul 27, 2016 at 11:42 am Reason: Somehow Chase thinks that I am requesting an upgrade.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:47 am

You should have sent Chase a SM straight after approval to request the match, then they would have approved your request and asked that you SM them again when you hit the 10k and 20k thresholds to have the extra Avios added.

It sounds like you didn't message them after approval to request the match and if you didn't ask them to match within the first 90 days then you're out of luck.

Last edited by Olly-; Jul 27, 2016 at 11:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.