Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by fromfall98
I don't think that is correct. After getting approval with no AF link, you still need to request a match (please read up-thread, many users have done that). No AF link had -only- 50K bonus. There was no mention of 75K or 100K in there.

Cheers!
That's what I thought too. It just sounded like runb4fun's experience might point to good news. Hopefully the card comes today and I'll see what I can get from SM.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by fromfall98
I don't think that is correct. After getting approval with no AF link, you still need to request a match (please read up-thread, many users have done that). No AF link had -only- 50K bonus. There was no mention of 75K or 100K in there.

Cheers!
this is correct.

Originally Posted by nsaylor
That's what I thought too. It just sounded like runb4fun's experience might point to good news. Hopefully the card comes today and I'll see what I can get from SM.
Apologies but had I misread. I checked again and only 50k was mentioned in the SM.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:37 pm

Oh well. I've had no reply to my SM. I'll let you all know if there's any news.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:22 pm

Data Point:

They just honored the 50/75/100 offer with no AF (used the 50k / no AF link) Card approved 10 days ago. SM'd well after the offer was dead.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:04 pm

I just received a targeted offer on my BA Visa...... Spend $7500 by June 30, get a 7500 avios bonus. No registration required.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

I just applied for a BA Chase VISA card. I got decision pending. Is it good to call recon or just to wait?

thanks
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:47 pm

Hi guys, what's the recent timeframe for BA miles posting? My stmt closed Monday but I still haven't seen miles posted (not bonus miles, just regular spend miles). Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by lz80521
Hi guys, what's the recent timeframe for BA miles posting? My stmt closed Monday but I still haven't seen miles posted (not bonus miles, just regular spend miles). Thanks.
I've only had mine for one statement cycle, but my bonus and regular spend Avios posted within a business day or two of statement closing.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

I just applied for a BA Chase VISA card. I got decision pending. Is it good to call recon or just to wait?

thanks
General consensus on Chase card pending apps is to wait. Call if you get a rejection letter. When I applied for the BA Visa a few months ago, it went pending and they called me to verify identify a few days later and approved me (didn't have to speak with a credit analyst which was great because I had a lot of cards opened recently).
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:53 pm

applied end of March, finally showed up online a couple days ago, and matched to 100k offer yesterday
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

thanks
I had the same thing when I applied for my BA two months ago. Called right away, they asked me a few Qs to verify it was me that applied and was approved.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:21 am

I just finished spending 30k with this card. How long would it usually take for the Travel Together certificate to be issued?
Thank you
Old May 7, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had any luck downgrading this card? Just completed my 30k spend on this card and now looking to downgrade to Chase Freedom.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GfL
Got an email today (targeted?) for 50K Avios for spending $2K in the first 3 months, plus another 25K avios for spending a total of $15K in the first year. The $95 annual fee is NOT waived in year 1. No bonus if you've gotten a BA bonus in the last 24 months. I applied just now and got "decision pending, wait 7-10 days."

Link here
Old May 10, 2016, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

I applied last Monday for the 75k BA VISA offer, and got no reply. Icalled in today recon line, and the rep suggested I move some of my credit lines around, which I gladly did. She said she is submitting for final sign off recommending the changes we talked through. Should I be confident I will be approved?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.