Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:54 pm

For anyone looking for a first yr fee waived link:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...H90&PROMO=DF01
Applied and waiting for card to arrive to confirm bonus offer (and possibly bump to the 100K bonus)
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:52 pm

I applied on the 9th, I have added a security statement on my credit after one company pulled my credit without my knowledge, after i applied i got the message to call to verify my info, didn't call for the last 5 days, my patience ran out today at work and ended up calling, i needed to clear the security statement, they did that, and then transfer me to another CSR, who also ended up running my application, after 3 minutes hold he approved me. i have 17 HP in the last 12 months.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Aabey D'mello
Applied and waiting for card to arrive to confirm bonus offer (and possibly bump to the 100K bonus)
Wow! That is great. Where did you find it? Hope this lasts longer than the other link. I'm still waiting for a loan to get approved, banks take forever to with loans. Then I'm going to sign up for this card.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:43 pm

can you use the card right away before the physical card arrives in the mail? i think some cards give you a temporary account number so you can use it right away.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by rlee1180
Wow! That is great. Where did you find it? Hope this lasts longer than the other link. I'm still waiting for a loan to get approved, banks take forever to with loans. Then I'm going to sign up for this card.
Please note that the linked offer may not be a 100K offer. The poster plans to ask Chase to "bump the bonus".
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:48 am

Do you have any information on the other terms for this offer (specifically, the associated sign-up bonus)? Yes, I'm aware of bump-the-bonus, but more information is always better. Otherwise there will be endless questions in the thread if we put this link in the wiki.

I tried constructing a landing page URL with the parameters in the app URL but was unsuccessful. Chase seems to be redirecting everything to the current no-waiver landing page.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Do you have any information on the other terms for this offer (specifically, the associated sign-up bonus)? Yes, I'm aware of bump-the-bonus, but more information is always better. Otherwise there will be endless questions in the thread if we put this link in the wiki.

I tried constructing a landing page URL with the parameters in the app URL but was unsuccessful. Chase seems to be redirecting everything to the current no-waiver landing page.
As of now I could only confirm by phone the 50K bonus in $2K spent offer. The card shows up on my account online with no annual fee charged. Will wait for the card to arrive and call again and bump the bonus.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
As of now I could only confirm by phone the 50K bonus in $2K spent offer. The card shows up on my account online with no annual fee charged. Will wait for the card to arrive and call again and bump the bonus.
i sent a SM online and was bumped from 50k to 100k. no call necessary. i don't have my card yet (approved last week and sent SM the next day)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:52 am

Good enough. Wiki updated.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by odin99
i sent a SM online and was bumped from 50k to 100k. no call necessary. i don't have my card yet (approved last week and sent SM the next day)
You didn't wait until the card arrive in the mail?

I assume you still have to spend 10k to get 75k avios..?

And did you specifically ask to get matched to the new 100k offer or did you only ask to confirm the 50k bonus in the SM without mentioning 100k and they automatically "volunteered" to change to 100k without adding annual fee?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
You didn't wait until the card arrive in the mail?

I assume you still have to spend 10k to get 75k avios..?

And did you specifically ask to get matched to the new 100k offer or did you only ask to confirm the 50k bonus in the SM without mentioning 100k and they automatically "volunteered" to change to 100k without adding annual fee?
yes, 2k to 50k avios, 10k to 75k avios, 20k to 100 avios.

I send an SM when i saw the card added to my account online.
I said i wanted to be bumped to the 100k offer. they did it no problem.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:36 pm

Does the "2k to 50k avios, 10k to 75k avios, 20k to 100 avios" rewards offer now show up in your online Chase account? Or do you just have the SM confirmation that they added it?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by rlee1180
Does the "2k to 50k avios, 10k to 75k avios, 20k to 100 avios" rewards offer now show up in your online Chase account? Or do you just have the SM confirmation that they added it?
this is what i see.

"Rewards Program Details

With the British Airways Visa Card, you'll be packing before you know it.

Earn 2.5 Avios for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases.
Earn 1.25 Avios for every $1 you spend everywhere else.
Receive a Travel Together Ticket:
Every year you spend $30,000 you will earn a redemption voucher for a ticket for a companion, valid for 2 years. For more details, visit www.ba.com/TravelTogetherTicket.
Worldwide acceptance anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted."

**I signed up with the ghost link from a week or so ago that the 1.25avio/1$ (that link is now dead).

I don't see anything about any bonus award. but they said to simply message them when i hit 10k and 20k spending to get the extra 25k, 25k points.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:57 pm

Did you check if they added $95 fee to your account?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

this is what i see.

"Rewards Program Details

With the British Airways Visa Card, you'll be packing before you know it.

Earn 2.5 Avios for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases.
Earn 1.25 Avios for every $1 you spend everywhere else.

Receive a Travel Together Ticket:
Every year you spend $30,000 you will earn a redemption voucher for a ticket for a companion, valid for 2 years. For more details, visit www.ba.com/TravelTogetherTicket.
Worldwide acceptance anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted."

**I signed up with the ghost link from a week or so ago that the 1.25avio/1$ (that link is now dead).

I don't see anything about any bonus award. but they said to simply message them when i hit 10k and 20k spending to get the extra 25k, 25k points.
The 1.25 avios per dollar, now down to a 1/1 is a huge loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.