Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by Aabey D'mello
no annual fee link seems dead now was just gonna apply
looks dead to me too.

we probably killed it...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by odin99
looks dead to me too.

we probably killed it...
lol seems that link was posted on that website in March, it only took a few days to be killed. I applied using another link with no 1st yr annual fee, but with the 1pt/$spent offer. Went to pending (typical of chase). Will update if I get approved with the 50K bonus offer.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:15 am

how long does chase wait to post avios. Usually it's pretty fast with UR and SW points. My statement closed a week ago covering the 2k min spend and no 50K avios.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
...statement closed a week ago covering the 2k min spend and no 50K avios.
Did you receive the base 1 point per dollar in your BAEC account?

What does the point summary on the PDF statement show?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:06 pm

it finally posted my 50k, thanks
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Did it show/list the 50k bonus earned on your Chase statement? I just got my statement, which shows Avios earned for actual dollars spent, but not the 50k bonus (I'm well over $2k on the statement).
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LR2013
Did it show/list the 50k bonus earned on your Chase statement? I just got my statement, which shows Avios earned for actual dollars spent, but not the 50k bonus (I'm well over $2k on the statement).
Read the bottom of the Wiki of this thread - that should answer your question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-present.html#

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Read the bottom of the Wiki of this thread - that should answer your question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-present.html#

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

That's a relief to hear, thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:25 am

Does anyone think this offer will last until end of November? I'm planning on a car purchase by end of Oct., and wanted to get this card, but didn't want to chance affecting my upcoming car loan.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by DVDBob
Does anyone think this offer will last until end of November? I'm planning on a car purchase by end of Oct., and wanted to get this card, but didn't want to chance affecting my upcoming car loan.
Wiki:
The expiration date for this offer is not known.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by dawhipsaw
Applied for the 100k this evening. Denied this card a little over 3 months ago (after mistakenly calling in) due to age of accounts and fact that I had received 2 Chase cards earlier in the year. Sat on my hands for 100 days and got pending. This time I'm not calling in. Approx 800 CS on all bureaus, only 25k in Chase cards (recently reduced one substantially), 200k income, high number of HPs in last year/two years. Will update once I hear back from them but based on the advice I've seen in this thread, not calling in is my best shot.
Update: Approved on about day 17 without calling in
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by DVDBob
If your credit scores are low enough that 1 cc app would affect you ability to get a car loan then I would serisouly consider even applying for a credit card at this time...it should be irrelevent if you have decent scores. I applied for 5 and wife applied for 4 new cc's last month and we could walk into a bank tomorrow and get a car loan for the best available rate with no issues.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please read the related post regarding the 24 months count

For those who have done the 25K/$10K in the past and wonder when the 24 months starts, the following data point posted on the Chase App thread is a welcoming news

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25556077-post1683.html
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:45 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Happy
For those who have done the 25K/$10K in the past and wonder when the 24 months starts, the following data point posted on the Chase App thread is a welcoming news

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25556077-post1683.html
I thought you had to spend the $10k/$20k within 12 months....
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
I thought you had to spend the $10k/$20k within 12 months....
He is referring to the 24 month reset clock for bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.