Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by diseased
Looks like one link that waives the annual fee is still alive. I went all the way to the submit page to read the terms but did not apply. Found on thefarawayguide.com

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...DF01&SPID=FCB6
This link also states that you get the old 1.25 points per dollar spent. That benefit supposedly disappeared earlier this year?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:45 am

Looks like one link that waives the annual fee is still alive. I went all the way to the submit page to read the terms but did not apply. Found on thefarawayguide.com

Applied and approved. Thanks for posting. Wish I was going to get 1.25x on the other two BA cards my family just applied for!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Too many to count!
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Applied and approved. Thanks for posting. Wish I was going to get 1.25x on the other two BA cards my family just applied for!

So clearly the link works (for now). Did you happen to verify the 50,000 bonus and AF waiver? I would really like to know before wasting a cc application and credit pull. Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CynthiaD
So clearly the link works (for now). Did you happen to verify the 50,000 bonus and AF waiver? I would really like to know before wasting a cc application and credit pull. Thanks!
I'll verify it after the card shows up in my profile which should be after midnight.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,

Thank You! Applied last night and auto approved. After the card showed up in my account today I sm to match the 100k offer. Chase just replied and matched me to 100k. The only weird thing was:

"Action You Need To Take To Be Eligible For The Additional
Avios:
Please contact us after you have exceeded $10,000 in
purchases and we will add the 25,000 Avios at that time.
Contact us again once you have reached $20,000 in
purchases and we will add the final 25,000 Avios."

Not that big a deal
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Last chase ba I applied in sept 2013 and got bonus miles in dec 2013. Does anyone know if im eligible ? Rather not waste a hard pull to find out, thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Last chase ba I applied in sept 2013 and got bonus miles in dec 2013.
Here are the terms:

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Last chase ba I applied in sept 2013 and got bonus miles in dec 2013. Does anyone know if im eligible ? Rather not waste a hard pull to find out, thanks!
Take a look at the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html, which I updated just yesterday to discuss this issue. (Data points are mixed.)
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Too many to count!
[QUOTE=BoeingOrNotGoing;25510772]Thank You! Applied last night and auto approved. After the card showed up in my account today I sm to match the 100k offer. Chase just replied and matched me to 100k. [quote]

Am I understanding this correctly?

People have applied for the BA card under the 50,000/AF waived offer.
They called in and Chase matches them to the 100,000 point offer.
You get to keep the first year annual fee free as well as the possibility of earning 100k?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by CynthiaD
Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Thank You! Applied last night and auto approved. After the card showed up in my account today I sm to match the 100k offer. Chase just replied and matched me to 100k.

Am I understanding this correctly?

People have applied for the BA card under the 50,000/AF waived offer.
They called in and Chase matches them to the 100,000 point offer.
You get to keep the first year annual fee free as well as the possibility of earning 100k?
Yes, of course.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:11 pm

I applied for this card on Oct 1 and a decision is pending. I just called their reconsideration line and the CSR told me the application was still pending and she had no new information. I hung up, called again, and was told the same thing - and was also "reminded" that I'd just called them 2 minutes earlier. A bit embarrassing, but I fessed up and said yes, I've had experiences in the past where I've gotten more information from a second all. Anyway, now I'm paranoid that I've been flagged for pestering them, further ruining my chances of an approval. Any thoughts?

Add'l history: I had this card in 2012 and canceled it in early 2013 so I'm outside of the 24 months window. I've applied (and been approved) for probably 5 cards over the past 12 months, and currently have 2 cards with Chase. I recently cancelled my United MileagePlus after there was a fraudulent purchase made -- I had them close it rather than send me a new card with a new number. My credit score is >800 and I have around $45K combined credit limit with Chase.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Laura782
I applied for this card on Oct 1 and a decision is pending. I just called their reconsideration line and the CSR told me the application was still pending and she had no new information. I hung up, called again, and was told the same thing - and was also "reminded" that I'd just called them 2 minutes earlier. A bit embarrassing, but I fessed up and said yes, I've had experiences in the past where I've gotten more information from a second all. Anyway, now I'm paranoid that I've been flagged for pestering them, further ruining my chances of an approval. Any thoughts?

Add'l history: I had this card in 2012 and canceled it in early 2013 so I'm outside of the 24 months window. I've applied (and been approved) for probably 5 cards over the past 12 months, and currently have 2 cards with Chase. I recently cancelled my United MileagePlus after there was a fraudulent purchase made -- I had them close it rather than send me a new card with a new number. My credit score is >800 and I have around $45K combined credit limit with Chase.
With the Chase business cards it is rarely a good idea to call in. At this point all you can do is wait and let the app work its way through the system.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
With the Chase business cards it is rarely a good idea to call in. At this point all you can do is wait and let the app work its way through the system.
Yeesh, I meant to post this on the Chase BA Visa thread. Don't know how I missed it. Sorry, and thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Yeesh, I meant to post this on the Chase BA Visa thread.
DONE
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Yeesh, I meant to post this on the Chase BA Visa thread. Don't know how I missed it. Sorry, and thanks!
i bet it was the cancelation that is the issue.

Ive applied for 5 cards in the last 3 mo (including CSP, Ink Plus). approved for all. I then applied for the chase BA as the 6th card and was instantly approved. credit score ~730. good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.