Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 11:42 am

Forgot to update this thread. Per a secure message with Chase the problem is on the BA side and they are working on a resolution. About two weeks out and I still haven't seen my Avios post.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Forgot to update this thread. Per a secure message with Chase the problem is on the BA side and they are working on a resolution. About two weeks out and I still haven't seen my Avios post.
Same here. It usually posts on the 5th of the month and so far no joy.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:44 pm

This offer is now available until 8/31/15 (I updated the wiki).
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:43 pm

Any further word on Avios posting? I hit min spend the day after I got the card, and would like to buy a flight ASAP.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wikkit
Any further word on Avios posting? I hit min spend the day after I got the card, and would like to buy a flight ASAP.
It usually takes 1 or 2 statements before they post, this is normal on any CC
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wikkit
Read the bottom of the Wiki of this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:53 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
British airway delay protection?

Does that card have it too?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Can I link the US BA chase credit card to my UK-based BA Executive Club account, or do I have to "move" my BA exec club account to a US address that matches my Chase address?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:20 pm

They changed the look of the card?

I'm not sure I like this.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nall
They changed the look of the card?

I'm not sure I like this.
Why?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
24 month clock reset

Question: If I previously obtained the 100K offer and I'm interested in doing a 50K offer now, does the 24 month clock reset on the day I got the 50K bonus, or the second set of 25K bonus?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gpen1827
Question: If I previously obtained the 100K offer and I'm interested in doing a 50K offer now, does the 24 month clock reset on the day I got the 50K bonus, or the second set of 25K bonus?
Your answer may be in the wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html
I would assume (dangerous word) it's 24 months from the initial bonus date. Apply and let us know.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:36 am

100k offer is back($20k spend)

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Need to find out if I will be eligible. Closed my Chase BA Visa in Jan 2014.. received the bonus in Jan 2013..
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Need to find out if I will be eligible. Closed my Chase BA Visa in Jan 2014.. received the bonus in Jan 2013..
Bonus Avios
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

You should be able to receive it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.