Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Has anyone recently signed up with this link that can confirm 50K after 2K spend with no annual fee first year?
I did in February, got approved, and was able to get the additional bonuses at 10k and 20k spending promised via SM. I hit 10k spend and received 75k bonus Avios on first statement.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:58 pm

Has anyone recently signed up with this link that can confirm 50K after 2K spend with no annual fee first year?
Yes, I applied last Monday and had the 100k match approved by SM.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:12 pm

I can confirm that it did work for me
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
No AF link is dead

No AF link in wiki is dead, application page not showing up.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Glad was able to jump in just in time.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:38 am

It appears that the 50, 75, 100 offer is dead as well. Landing page and app both lead to "offer unavailable" screen. Any other live links to the 100k offer?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by nsaylor
It appears that the 50, 75, 100 offer is dead as well. Landing page and app both lead to "offer unavailable" screen. Any other live links to the 100k offer?
Yup, you are correct! I am surprised both offers went out so quickly!!!

Best offer which is still accessible is:

Earn 50,000 or 75,000 bonus Avios. Also, for 75K, spend requirement is now 15K (earlier, it was 10K).

100K is gone!

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...aspx?CELL=67TF

Cheers!

Last edited by fromfall98; Apr 14, 2016 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Does that mean that applying for the 50k with annual fee waived and SM to get the 100k match will NOT work?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by satz
Does that mean that applying for the 50k with annual fee waived and SM to get the 100k match will NOT work?
No, because the first year annual fee waived link doesn't work any more. Also the 100k offer has been pulled.

I notice the BA card is also showing 16.24%-23.24% APR now rather than the fixed 16.24% it was when I applied!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Olly-
No, because the first year annual fee waived link doesn't work any more. Also the 100k offer has been pulled.

I notice the BA card is also showing 16.24%-23.24% APR now rather than the fixed 16.24% it was when I applied!
Holy...! They just pulled the first year annual fee waived link just an hour ago then. I had the page open an hour ago and I just refreshed it and its gone...
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:29 pm

Anyone know if any sort of 100k offer is likely to come back this year? I got my wife the card through the no AF link. I was planning to SM it to the 100k offer when it comes in the mail (probably tomorrow). Now.... I don't know.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:07 am

Anyone know if any sort of 100k offer is likely to come back this year? I got my wife the card through the no AF link. I was planning to SM it to the 100k offer when it comes in the mail (probably tomorrow). Now.... I don't know.
the no AF link that was working already had 100k offer embedded in it. I SM'ed to double check only to get further confirmation that the 50-75-100k offer was already there.

edit:this is false, see later posts.

Last edited by runb4fun; Apr 16, 2016 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
the no AF link that was working already had 100k offer embedded in it. I SM'ed to double check only to get further confirmation that the 50-75-100k offer was already there.
OK... Let me get this straight. She applied last Thursday through the no AF link. TC read no annual fee throughout the app. So are you saying that she should ALREADY have the 50/75/100k attached to her card, or that a request on the offer should still work?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:03 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Welcome to FT, nsaylor.

There's no telling when the 100K offer will return, but it does seem to be a reoccurring event. If recollection serves, it shows up about once every year or more.

You've got nothing to lose by asking for a match for the 100K, and, if that doesn't work, HUCA (hang up, call again) and ask for a match for the 75K (current) offer.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:53 am

OK... Let me get this straight. She applied last Thursday through the no AF link. TC read no annual fee throughout the app. So are you saying that she should ALREADY have the 50/75/100k attached to her card, or that a request on the offer should still work?
I don't think that is correct. After getting approval with no AF link, you still need to request a match (please read up-thread, many users have done that). No AF link had -only- 50K bonus. There was no mention of 75K or 100K in there.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.