Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Folks, another question:

I had this card before, back in late 2012. I got the 100k offer back then, and the last part of the sign up bonus was awarded in 2013. That given, I will be elegance to receive another signup bonus, correct? I closed this card in late 2014.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2016, 5:38 pm
Suspended

This is what I was told via secure message.
Attached Images  
Old May 13, 2016, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I got the 100k offer back then, and the last part of the sign up bonus was awarded in 2013. (I can) receive another signup bonus, correct?
Yes.
I've done exactly the same thing.
Recently got the card again and received the bonus again.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by muji
Yes.
I've done exactly the same thing.
Recently got the card again and received the bonus again.
Excellent thanks!!
Old May 16, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
So I signed up for the 100k offer back in Feb, got the 50k/$2k bonus in April, but just received a letter saying my account doesn't qualify for a Bonus Premium since I took advantage of it in the last two years. I'm assuming that means the 75k and 100k additional spend bonus, but I never got that bonus before (only the 50k 2.5 years ago).. I have a large charge about to happen to get me to the 75k/$10k bonus would rather not have it happen if I won't qualify. Anyone else receive this letter?
Old May 16, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
So I signed up for the 100k offer back in Feb, got the 50k/$2k bonus in April, but just received a letter saying my account doesn't qualify for a Bonus Premium since I took advantage of it in the last two years. I'm assuming that means the 75k and 100k additional spend bonus, but I never got that bonus before (only the 50k 2.5 years ago).. I have a large charge about to happen to get me to the 75k/$10k bonus would rather not have it happen if I won't qualify. Anyone else receive this letter?
SM Chase and see that they say, no one can help you really except for Chase.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:49 pm

How long does the final 25k bonus take to arrive? I hit the $20k spend threshold in my most recent May statement, no 25k bonus point....
Old May 16, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
it seems chase sent out a bunch of these letters by error.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Adios from Chase not posting

Originally Posted by odin99
Yup, wife and I each got letters; last had the card in 2010. The letter did, however, prompt me to check my BA Avios account and I discovered that my wife and I have not received any points from Chase since each opening the card in late February. Chase CSR says it's a known glitch affecting many customers that they've been working on since March and points should post in 8-12 weeks. Which basically means "we're aware of the problem, we're working on it, we have no idea when we'll fix it."
Old May 17, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Well, I can confirm there is some "glitch" in Avios posting. Applied and got the card for the first time in Feb (never had this card before), completed spend requirement ($2K) in April, statement posted which had spend avios, but no bonus 50K Avios. SMed Chase and they said bonus miles would post in next statement .
Old May 17, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
SM Chase and see that they say, no one can help you really except for Chase.
I did just that, still awaiting a response.

Originally Posted by odin99
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Yup, wife and I each got letters; last had the card in 2010. The letter did, however, prompt me to check my BA Avios account and I discovered that my wife and I have not received any points from Chase since each opening the card in late February. Chase CSR says it's a known glitch affecting many customers that they've been working on since March and points should post in 8-12 weeks. Which basically means "we're aware of the problem, we're working on it, we have no idea when we'll fix it."
Thanks, that's a relief and good to know it's widespread.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
I did just that, still awaiting a response.

Thanks, that's a relief and good to know it's widespread.
I too was sent the letter was at issue. SM'd Chase about it and they acknowledged that the letter was sent in error and that I'm still eligible for the bonus. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:41 am
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:48 am

I signed up for the 100k offer back in oct/nov for dh and myself. Met the 2k spending and the points posted on the same statements but I met the 10k spending requirement two weeks ago, statements closed and no 25k bonus. Guess they still haven't fixed the problem.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Anyone know after initial linkage to your executive club account upon visa card opening, do we need to keep our BA EC account address to be in the US to continue receiving Avios from Chase every month? I recently changed my BAEC address to the UK to receive the card there but wondering if I need to change it back to the US for the monthly Chase transfer to go smoothly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.