Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Certainly seems to be a wide variance in how long for UR points to transfer to UA. Hoping to get CSR when I fall below 5/24.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SW, UR
Another data point, transferred 89k from UR to United, took approximately 31 hours. I called people on both sides who said I just needed to wait. Didn't want to hold UA award as I was worried the availability wouldn't get released if the hold expired (which the UA rep said was possible). Given this thread, I'm pretty pleased it *only* took 31 hours. I made the transfer on the Monday after Easter which the Chase woman told me was a notoriously busy day, if that's of any help.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:55 am

Myself and SO both transfers were instant. We did log out and log back in. This was ~2 weeks ago.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by Txstars
Just another DP for everyone.. kept refreshing my page over and over after about 30 minutes of transferring.. and nothing. Went into chrome incognito mode and it showed up instantly. Logged back in on non-incognito mode afterwards and still didn't show up.

Go incognito (or delete cookies?)
This worked for me today.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I transferred 140k yesterday for 2 x 1 way J awards on Swiss and it was instant. Was there when I logged in and was able to complete booking in under 3 minutes.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I initiated a 125K transfer to United around 12:50am Pacific tonight and it wasn't instant for me. The Chase customer service person I talked to said that their systems refresh around 7am Eastern so we'll see if the points show up by morning.

UPDATE: looks like it took about 11 hours for the points to show up in my account. Fortunately the award flights I was trying to book were still available.

Last edited by tmiw; Aug 30, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Chase rep claims they will no longer offer instant transfers

Just got off the phone with Chase. I requested a points transfer to United two days ago -- still nothing. Chase rep said she "wished to inform me that they will no longer be doing instant transfer. All transfers to travel partners will now take 1-7 business days."

Caveat emptor....
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Just did a transfer. Took about 90 seconds.

The transaction isn't showing up in my account, but the total miles has correctly increased.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Chase, United
transferred UR to UA MP, did not receive points

So from what I can tell from this thread, there is no consensus emerging on a way to get instant transfer to work: it usually does, unless it doesn't, and there's nothing to be done except with great luck in extreme emergency?

Last edited by zoechow; Sep 19, 2017 at 2:22 pm Reason: moved to right thread, allows better question
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:19 pm

I transferred this wknd. Points were in acct after logging out and logging back in.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Troopers
I transferred this wknd. Points were in acct after logging out and logging back in.
Thanks for that, encouraging DP. I have to make a transfer to KE soon and I'm hoping it's as instantaneous as it was the last time. ^
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:46 am

Transferred 400+k UR to my United account. Nothing after an hour. I'll give it a day... but super annoying.

Bought a 7-day Fare Lock for 5 international tickets for $75 just in case.

EDIT: 40 hours later and they're there!

Last edited by flightsofideas; Sep 22, 2017 at 9:46 pm
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:29 pm

My spouse transferred 45k miles from her UR to MP account. Instantaneous transfer. Go figure.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:37 am

Another data point:

8:30am ET today - Transferred 25,000 - Has not posted 3 hours later
11:15am ET today - Transferred 12,000 - Posted instantly
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by geckoflyer
Another data point:

8:30am ET today - Transferred 25,000 - Has not posted 3 hours later
11:15am ET today - Transferred 12,000 - Posted instantly
Had similar issue with this delay on transferring the UR to Mileageplus.

On Thu 10/12 - 9PM PST, transferred 1,000 points to test, received instantly
On Thu 10/12 - 9:15PM PST, transferred 254,000 points, still not showing up until today Monday 10/16, 10:57 AM PST

This is driving me nuts, I've been calling both United and Chase, and both keep pointing finger at each other. I've done these big transfer every year when we go on vacation, and never had this issue before.

On the weekend when I called United, they insisted that it has to be 72 hours before they can do anything.
Early AM today when I called united and told them it has been 72 hours, and they told me it's Chase issue, nothing they can do on their end.

I called Chase again and they're going to escalate it to their Marketing department.

Chase told me that it might take 1-7 business day to transfer to partner and it's not instant, I told them that their email confirmation for the transfer did not specify that, here is the exact language Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and IHG® Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.

I just hope when everything is all taken care of, my reward flight still available, otherwise I'm going to get stuck with United points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.