Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Old Apr 18, 17, 11:16 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: DL, AA, UA, SW, UR
Posts: 11
Another data point, transferred 89k from UR to United, took approximately 31 hours. I called people on both sides who said I just needed to wait. Didn't want to hold UA award as I was worried the availability wouldn't get released if the hold expired (which the UA rep said was possible). Given this thread, I'm pretty pleased it *only* took 31 hours. I made the transfer on the Monday after Easter which the Chase woman told me was a notoriously busy day, if that's of any help.
AC439 is offline  
Old Apr 19, 17, 7:55 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 73
Myself and SO both transfers were instant. We did log out and log back in. This was ~2 weeks ago.
dr_sharp is offline  
Old Apr 25, 17, 8:06 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by Txstars View Post
Just another DP for everyone.. kept refreshing my page over and over after about 30 minutes of transferring.. and nothing. Went into chrome incognito mode and it showed up instantly. Logged back in on non-incognito mode afterwards and still didn't show up.

Go incognito (or delete cookies?)
This worked for me today.
mumum17 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 17, 9:45 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 1,697
I transferred 140k yesterday for 2 x 1 way J awards on Swiss and it was instant. Was there when I logged in and was able to complete booking in under 3 minutes.
friedablass is offline  
Old Aug 30, 17, 3:16 am
  #80  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Posts: 14,624
I initiated a 125K transfer to United around 12:50am Pacific tonight and it wasn't instant for me. The Chase customer service person I talked to said that their systems refresh around 7am Eastern so we'll see if the points show up by morning.

UPDATE: looks like it took about 11 hours for the points to show up in my account. Fortunately the award flights I was trying to book were still available.

Last edited by tmiw; Aug 30, 17 at 2:26 pm
tmiw is online now  
Old Sep 13, 17, 1:44 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Programs: UA 1P
Posts: 88
Chase rep claims they will no longer offer instant transfers

Just got off the phone with Chase. I requested a points transfer to United two days ago -- still nothing. Chase rep said she "wished to inform me that they will no longer be doing instant transfer. All transfers to travel partners will now take 1-7 business days."

Caveat emptor....
ORDinary guy is offline  
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:27 pm
  #82  
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts: 34,401
Just did a transfer. Took about 90 seconds.

The transaction isn't showing up in my account, but the total miles has correctly increased.
Diplomatico likes this.
cblaisd is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 2:39 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: Chase, United
Posts: 305
transferred UR to UA MP, did not receive points

So from what I can tell from this thread, there is no consensus emerging on a way to get instant transfer to work: it usually does, unless it doesn't, and there's nothing to be done except with great luck in extreme emergency?

Last edited by zoechow; Sep 19, 17 at 3:22 pm Reason: moved to right thread, allows better question
zoechow is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 5:19 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,929
I transferred this wknd. Points were in acct after logging out and logging back in.
Troopers is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 6:06 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Posts: 5,528
Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I transferred this wknd. Points were in acct after logging out and logging back in.
Thanks for that, encouraging DP. I have to make a transfer to KE soon and I'm hoping it's as instantaneous as it was the last time. ^
Diplomatico is offline  
Old Sep 21, 17, 10:46 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 45
Transferred 400+k UR to my United account. Nothing after an hour. I'll give it a day... but super annoying.

Bought a 7-day Fare Lock for 5 international tickets for $75 just in case.

EDIT: 40 hours later and they're there!

Last edited by flightsofideas; Sep 22, 17 at 10:46 pm
flightsofideas is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 3:29 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 45
My spouse transferred 45k miles from her UR to MP account. Instantaneous transfer. Go figure.
flightsofideas is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 10:37 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CHS
Posts: 2,219
Another data point:

8:30am ET today - Transferred 25,000 - Has not posted 3 hours later
11:15am ET today - Transferred 12,000 - Posted instantly
geckoflyer is offline  
Old Oct 16, 17, 1:02 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by geckoflyer View Post
Another data point:

8:30am ET today - Transferred 25,000 - Has not posted 3 hours later
11:15am ET today - Transferred 12,000 - Posted instantly
Had similar issue with this delay on transferring the UR to Mileageplus.

On Thu 10/12 - 9PM PST, transferred 1,000 points to test, received instantly
On Thu 10/12 - 9:15PM PST, transferred 254,000 points, still not showing up until today Monday 10/16, 10:57 AM PST

This is driving me nuts, I've been calling both United and Chase, and both keep pointing finger at each other. I've done these big transfer every year when we go on vacation, and never had this issue before.

On the weekend when I called United, they insisted that it has to be 72 hours before they can do anything.
Early AM today when I called united and told them it has been 72 hours, and they told me it's Chase issue, nothing they can do on their end.

I called Chase again and they're going to escalate it to their Marketing department.

Chase told me that it might take 1-7 business day to transfer to partner and it's not instant, I told them that their email confirmation for the transfer did not specify that, here is the exact language Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and IHG® Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.


I just hope when everything is all taken care of, my reward flight still available, otherwise I'm going to get stuck with United points.
lgusti is offline  
Old Oct 17, 17, 12:38 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by lgusti View Post
Had similar issue with this delay on transferring the UR to Mileageplus.

On Thu 10/12 - 9PM PST, transferred 1,000 points to test, received instantly
On Thu 10/12 - 9:15PM PST, transferred 254,000 points, still not showing up until today Monday 10/16, 10:57 AM PST

This is driving me nuts, I've been calling both United and Chase, and both keep pointing finger at each other. I've done these big transfer every year when we go on vacation, and never had this issue before.

On the weekend when I called United, they insisted that it has to be 72 hours before they can do anything.
Early AM today when I called united and told them it has been 72 hours, and they told me it's Chase issue, nothing they can do on their end.

I called Chase again and they're going to escalate it to their Marketing department.

Chase told me that it might take 1-7 business day to transfer to partner and it's not instant, I told them that their email confirmation for the transfer did not specify that, here is the exact language Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and IHG® Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.


I just hope when everything is all taken care of, my reward flight still available, otherwise I'm going to get stuck with United points.

Quick update, this morning Chase UR got posted back to the Chase account.
I then redo the transfer and it posted instantly on United account and I was able to book my award ticket.

This is probably due to the escalation to the Chase Marketing Department yesterday, I called Chase and insist on them to escalate the issue.

My conclusion is, if you passed 72 hours and have not seen your point posted, go call Chase to escalate your issue, United cannot do anything on their end.

Don't believe Chase when they say it might take 7 days, it's ridiculous.
United supervisor told me they've been having a lot of issue with UR transfer lately.

Thank You.
lgusti is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: