Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 6:39 am

Just took about 36 hours for my UR transfer. Luckily award prices didn't change.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Quite a shock to find out the transfers to United are not always immediate. I did two transfers yesterday (1/9) at noontime, big (237k) and little (37k). Well, of course the little transaction was done immediately. 24 hrs+ and still waiting on the larger transaction to post. In the past, I have done at least 4 other transfers to UAL, and all were instantaneous. Lack of reliability in transfer time is a big disadvantage to this program. I am glad I am not seeking a unicorn award. The bloggers pushing these cards almost never disclose this risk. Well, at least I know now.

Update Monday Jan 11: Early this morning, the missing batch of miles posted to my account. Approx lag time 36-44 hours.

Last edited by wanderlustFL; Jan 11, 2021 at 7:15 am
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:30 am
RNE

Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.
When it happened to me United saw nothing before I did. And they can't book the flight without the miles there.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:54 pm

Transfer from UR to United. Requested on 6/8 in the afternoon and still pending as of today, 72 hours later.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:55 am
Suspended

Ultimate Rewards Transfer Times to Partners Questions

Good morning,

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the United Airlines section, so if it needs to be moved, I respect that.

Yesterday (~25 hours ago), I transferred 85,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards from my wife's account to MY United MileagePlus Account. We are in the same household, making this a completely legal transaction in all ways and doesn't circumvent any fine print. In the past, these transfers were instant, but yet, here we are over a day later and the miles still have not arrived in my United Account.

1. Has anyone else had this type of delay in a similar situation? If so, how long did it take?

2. If I need to start pounding on some doors, does anyone have a number I should call? *i.e. - is this a Chase problem or a United problem? If it's Chase, whom do I call and speak with to get it resolved?

If anyone else has any advice or question, I'm all ears. I'm just not used to it taking this long -- a day and counting. The impatience in me is kicking in

Sincerely,
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KaliFlyer
Transfer from UR to United. Requested on 6/8 in the afternoon and still pending as of today, 72 hours later.
Did they ever post? If so, how long did it take?

Did you have to contact anyone at Chase or United?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelForum
We are in the same household, making this a completely legal transaction in all ways and doesn't circumvent any fine print.
I respectfully disagree, unless your are an AU on your wife's account. Being in the same household is not a factor for UR to travel partner transfers.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I respectfully disagree, unless your are an AU on your wife's account. Being in the same household is not a factor for UR to travel partner transfers.
Okay, and I'm an Authorized User on the account.

My name was on the drop-down box and I'm authorized to have the points deposited into my United MileagePlus account. So, my question stands. How long should I wait before contacting someone at Chase and who would be the best person to contact?
pallhedge likes this.

Last edited by TravelForum; Sep 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... How long should I wait before contacting someone at Chase....
About a week:
How long does it take for points to transfer?
Most point transfer requests process instantly. However, timing varies depending on the participating frequent travel program and can sometimes take up to 7 business days. We'll let you know if your point transfer request can't be completed.
https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....q?item=1900005
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia

Thank you, mia. I'll try to be patient. I've just never had this happen before.

Sincerely,
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:32 am
Suspended

Update:

For a Data Point -- The UR points posted to the United MileagePlus account in approximately 48 hours (they were there when I woke up this morning).

Cheers,
mia and StartinSanDiego like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Update:

For a Data Point -- The UR points posted to the United MileagePlus account in approximately 48 hours (they were there when I woke up this morning).

Cheers,
Wow. It used to take a few seconds.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by naumank
Wow. It used to take a few seconds.
It will still take a few seconds most of the time. The lesson of this thread is that the processing time varies, and we shouldn't take for granted that the transfer will be completed in real time on every occasion.
friedablass likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
It will still take a few seconds most of the time. The lesson of this thread is that the processing time varies, and we shouldn't take for granted that the transfer will be completed in real time on every occasion.
You've hit the nail on the head.

I've probably transferred points in this exact same fashion (to UA) 10-15 times in my life and all other times it was instant. So, roughly 10% of the time, there may be a delay of a day or two (or more?). Allow time for a 'just in case' moment if you are looking to book a ticket.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.