Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:35 pm

Programs: AFKL Platinum, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gjntkb18639
Transferred to United (twice) and Hyatt around 9/30 and neither was instant. 24-36hrs were needed.

I have not made a transfer for a while now, which might have been a factor.
Recent transfer to UA (less than 100k) took exactly 36 hours! Last transfer before this one was just six months ago for a similar amount of miles and was instant.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K, CET Diamond, FC, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold, KLM Silver, Marriott Gold, UA Gold
Had that same issue with United last night. 3rd call to Chase and the person was able to input it and xfer correctly. Have email conf, but UA hasn't posted pts yet so little worried now.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:42 am

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Who to contact if points didnt transfer properly

I noticed that a few transfers to United never went through. Usually, its when I did multiple the same day.
On the ultimate rewards page, I did not see a way to send a message. What is the best way to go about this?

Thank you
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:38 am

Did you try calling chase?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:24 am

This is just to give my experience on my first Chase UR transfer to UA. On my first try upon entering my United number and hitting the submit button, it said the transaction couldn't be done online and to call the number on the back of my card.
I did not call but tried again about 5 minutes later and it went through. I transferred 13000 pts and the transaction was virtually instant.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
No rhyme or reason I think

Without any advance planning I wound up making two transfers this evening in short succession and am happy to say that both went through instantly, one for approx 24,000 pts and then one for 13,000. (Had I planned it out better I would have combined both into one transfer). I'm certainly not complaining, but after following this thread (and a similar one for Aeroplan) I'm starting to think that it's pretty difficult to find consistent patterns in what transfers instantly and what doesn't. It seems more like getting randomly selected for extra TSA screening. May the next person be as lucky!
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:13 pm

I made three transfers yesterday. The first two transfers went through instantly. However, the third one is still in progress after about 24hrs. I think next time I will do the math carefully and minimize the number of transfers.

Last edited by cjcjmi; Feb 9, 2024 at 4:16 pm
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:23 am

Quick DP: Transfer of 120 K Chase points to UA took 25 hrs. Transfer initiated around 10:15 PM ET Thursday. Got the email that points posted 11:35 PM Friday 2/16. Hadn't done a UR transfer in about 2 years. Fortunately award space on tickets was still available. Was strongly considering buying Farelock (was showing as option on my itinerary (UA nonstop LIS-IAD, UA metal), but did not click through.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Data point - transfer of 10k miles to United was "instant" today. I did have to log out of United account and back in; and the miles were then showing in my account. Used them immediately to book a ticket.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:56 am

23+ hours for transferring 116K points. Lost the redemption availability
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
Sadly this is becoming more common across a number of transfer programs and certainly is an emerging risk to this game...

Regards
ZenFlyer, cuthroat and Milwaukee like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Milwaukee
How long did it eventually take?
Been almost 48 hours but no luck so far on 200k points. Was able to ticket and hold for 72 hours but getting nervous now because it will auto-cancel if not ticketed soon.
cuthroat and Milwaukee like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:45 am

Sorry for the delay, it took like 36 hours in the end.
cuthroat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.