Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q1 2024 Chase Freedom 5% categories: Groceries, Gym, Spa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:03 am
Original Poster

• Grocery Stores (excluding Walmart & Target)
  • Fitness Clubs & Gym Memberships
  • Self-Care & Spa Services
EdofFX likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
here is the definition for the Spa and Self Care

This category includes self-care and spa services, such as massages, spa treatments, manicures, tanning, and barber and salon services, purchased at merchant locations that specialize in providing these services. These services are typically provided by licensed professionals, however, services provided by medical professionals will not qualify. Purchases of self-care and spa services at merchants that classify their location in another category, for example spa services purchased in a hotel, will not be included unless the merchant classifies the transactions in this category. Purchases of related products and services, for example hair and skincare products purchased at a salon or an overnight stay at a spa, will also not be included unless the merchant classifies the transactions in this category.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Has anyone else had issues activating Q1 2024? My app doesn't show the activate link at all and on the webpage clicking the activate link just takes me to a Q4 2023 summary.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker
Has anyone else had issues activating Q1 2024? My app doesn't show the activate link at all and on the webpage clicking the activate link just takes me to a Q4 2023 summary.
No trouble activating for me: https://www.chasebonus.com/
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker
Yes, the normal activation link was missing. I ended up finding the https://www.chasebonus.com/ link on the merchant category description page which worked.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
The app is available for activation as of today, 19th.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL FO
I was a bit late switching my credit card for my gym, TMPL Gym, so I missed out on a month. It codes as "Membership clubs, country clubs, private golf courses" even though it's just a gym. Anyone with experience getting the bonus points for gyms that code as such?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
I tried citi custom cash for YMCA it wont work.
Now freedom visa is also not working , it shows as
"Civic, social and fraternal associations"
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:58 am
Original Poster

I am finding that all of my spouse’s spa, massage, hair, nails, and skin salons are coded as “miscellaneous personal services,” and do not trigger the promotional rate.

Oh well.
willoL likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I am finding that all of my spouse’s spa, massage, hair, nails, and skin salons are coded as “miscellaneous personal services,” and do not trigger the promotional rate.
Your post made me check my own account.

Happy to report that the place I go for nails did code as "Health and beauty spas." It's a salon that only does nails and hair styling, not full service (no cuts, color, etc.)

I only go a few times a year, usually before a big event or a fancier vacation, but I saw the 5% bonus as a reason to treat myself this month. I'd be miffed if it didn't count.
Steve in Olympia and LHG like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Does a grocery store order via Instacart count for the grocery category?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
.... Instacart count for the grocery category?
Yes:

Grocery Stores: Kickstart 2024 with the right regimen for the new year and a healthy approach of well-balanced meals with beneficial incentives. Cardmembers can take advantage of 5% cash back on grocery needs at select grocery stores, including Instacart.
Source: https://media.chase.com/news/chase-f...-q1-categories
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by mia
Yes:
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.