Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I had two 5-figure transfers go thru instantly (within a few minutes) last month, on the same day. This was from my CSR to my own UA account (same name). This account has been linked for a long time so maybe that helped?
A recent 6 figure transfer took a couple of days, and these account have been linked for probably more than 10 years. It was low 6 figures (well under 200k) so I'm not sure it's size-dependent.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 8:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Have been linked a long time.. very much used to instantaneous UR-United transfer times. Transferred 2k points yesterday afternoon (to my own account) and still waiting > 12 hrs later. This can't be the new norm??
Old Jun 15, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Have been linked a long time.. very much used to instantaneous UR-United transfer times. Transferred 2k points yesterday afternoon (to my own account) and still waiting > 12 hrs later. This can't be the new norm??
Unfortunately, for some of us it is, and neither Chase or United will provide an explanation as to the reason behind the delay.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by friedablass
Unfortunately, for some of us it is, and neither Chase or United will provide an explanation as to the reason behind the delay.
OMAAT has an interesting post today about how widespread points brokers are. It could be that the extra time it's taking for points to transfer is due to extra (manual) scrutiny by UA and/or Chase.

https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...-miles-points/

(Although, the one time I called to ask why it was taking so long, a few months ago, I was told that the reason was a system malfunction or update or something. The agent didn't just offer this immediately; he did so after putting me on hold and presumably checking with someone else, so at least he probably didn't just make it up. No telling whether the person he talked to just made it up, of course...)
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For our managed accounts, they have been taking as long as c. 48 hours a lot as of late. It’s gotten to be enough of an issue — we can’t even count on 24 hour turns — that we’ve gone heavier into last minute purchases of AV miles to book what we were wanting to book with UA miles this month. There is no way I’m going to preemptively pad up a lot on UA miles at the expense of Chase UR points.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For our managed accounts, they have been taking as long as c. 48 hours a lot as of late.
IMO it remains unpredictable and inscrutable. I recently transferred 21K points that landed instantly—and that was my first transfer in a while, so I was entirely prepared for the Chase gatekeepers/algorithm/phase of the moon to view it with greater suspicion & slap on a delay of a day or two.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
IMO it remains unpredictable and inscrutable. I recently transferred 21K points that landed instantly—and that was my first transfer in a while, so I was entirely prepared for the Chase gatekeepers/algorithm/phase of the moon to view it with greater suspicion & slap on a delay of a day or two.
I’ve seen very 1k-5k amounts take c. 48 hour to post while a later, much larger amount sometimes is available for use near instantly in the same month. I couldn’t count on the transfers being predictably instant for quite some time, but now the situation is worse than it used to be in the transfer way (and also the mileage use way).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:35 am

the situation is worse than it used to be in the transfer way (and also the mileage use way).
Roger that. Some of us have been discussing the pro and cons of UR transfers to AC recently over in Ultimate Rewards - Which airline/hotel should I transfer points to?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:14 pm

When do I start panicking? Transfer initiated June 14.. 5 calendar days later, no sign of the miles in my account.
I guess it's as bad as 7 business days??
Ridiculous.

Update: miles posted June 20. 6 days - lame.
SPN Lifer and Panache like this.

Last edited by izzik; Jun 21, 2023 at 7:21 pm
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:21 pm

Minor data point - Transferred 70k points from Chase to UA on Sunday night and it was instant.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 8:15 am
Suspended

When do I start panicking? Transfer initiated June 14.. 5 calendar days later, no sign of the miles in my account.
I guess it's as bad as 7 business days??
Ridiculous.

Update: miles posted June 20. 6 days - lame.
Very lame, indeed.

Do you have any personal current account deposits at Chase banks? I am curious if there is a pattern of Chase current account depositors doing better on average with these transfer times than non-Chase depositors.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Very lame, indeed.

Do you have any personal current account deposits at Chase banks? I am curious if there is a pattern of Chase current account depositors doing better on average with these transfer times than non-Chase depositors.
No, I do both my personal and business banking with Chase and have a whole lot of bank accounts with them and have still experienced these frustrating transfer delays to United.
GUWonder and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:08 am

Very lame, indeed.

Yes, I have had personal accounts at Chase for a very long time.
GUWonder and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:08 pm

One more data point: I linked my united account to my chase account today, and the first transfer of 1000 points was done instantly,. The second transfer of ~200k points has been pending for couple of hours. I talked with a Chase customer service and there nothing they can do. FWIW, I have active personal and business accounts with Chase for 5+ years. Let's see how long it would take to deposit.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by JonLC
One more data point: I linked my united account to my chase account today, and the first transfer of 1000 points was done instantly,. The second transfer of ~200k points has been pending for couple of hours. I talked with a Chase customer service and there nothing they can do. FWIW, I have active personal and business accounts with Chase for 5+ years. Let's see how long it would take to deposit.
Not saying you did anything wrong, but I just want to point out that it's very similar to what a scammer/hacker might do: link new account, do a test transfer, then drain the account. So Chase's fraud detection algorithms may very well have been triggered there. But who knows how they work; my recent 86k transfer to UA was held up for almost 48 hours despite not being newly linked or having tiny transfers recently
JonLC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.