Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Old Jan 10, 21, 12:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Quite a shock to find out the transfers to United are not always immediate. I did two transfers yesterday (1/9) at noontime, big (237k) and little (37k). Well, of course the little transaction was done immediately. 24 hrs+ and still waiting on the larger transaction to post. In the past, I have done at least 4 other transfers to UAL, and all were instantaneous. Lack of reliability in transfer time is a big disadvantage to this program. I am glad I am not seeking a unicorn award. The bloggers pushing these cards almost never disclose this risk. Well, at least I know now.

Update Monday Jan 11: Early this morning, the missing batch of miles posted to my account. Approx lag time 36-44 hours.

Last edited by wanderlustFL; Jan 11, 21 at 8:15 am
Old Jan 17, 21, 10:30 am
RNE

Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.
Old Jan 17, 21, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.
When it happened to me United saw nothing before I did. And they can't book the flight without the miles there.
RNE likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: