Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Looking to buy an Apple computer in the next few days. I qualify for an education discount. UR is offering 2 points per dollar spent. Thinking about waiting to see what is offered in July. What is the trend? Is it likely to increase?
wow, Apple for 2pts/dollar is great. i don't think i've seen anything higher, and I usually only see 1pt/$ spent. IME of course. Others seen any higher?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
wow, Apple for 2pts/dollar is great. i don't think i've seen anything higher, and I usually only see 1pt/$ spent. IME of course. Others seen any higher?
I've seen 4pt/$ for AMEX MR... but that was some time ago (~early 2012). I don't believe I've ever seen more than 2pt/$ for Chase UR.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Wow, down to 1 point today. Wish I would have jumped on it yesterday but I had a few more questions about the computer that we were getting. Oh well. May have lost out on about 1000 UR points. If anyone sees anything different, let me know. Thanks. I never really paid attention to apple payouts until I was ready to buy another computer. In our household, we have 2 apple desktops and this will make 5 apple laptops. We have 2 in college, 1 college graduate and of course we have our own laptop. We love our Macs!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Wow, down to 1 point today. Wish I would have jumped on it yesterday but I had a few more questions about the computer that we were getting. Oh well. May have lost out on about 1000 UR points. If anyone sees anything different, let me know. Thanks. I never really paid attention to apple payouts until I was ready to buy another computer. In our household, we have 2 apple desktops and this will make 5 apple laptops. We have 2 in college, 1 college graduate and of course we have our own laptop. We love our Macs!
Yeah, next time you see 2x pts, jump on it. I personally rarely see it. And yes, macs are nice and easy/fun to use.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is fantastic news if true. I was always under the impression that booking through UR Mall and Travelocity and using a non-Chase card does not earn the bonus UR points. If you get the UR bonus points 2x for Travelocity (even if using an AMEX card), that's fantastic news!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, TYN
Car rental from UR--question and advice

I have reserved a car for 2 weeks in Hawaii through UR and paid in cash--not points. The price was substantially lower than what car companies and other web sites were showing. I received a confirm from UR showing total price, but no breakdown showing base price, taxes, fees, etc. although the confirm states all taxes, fees, etc. were included. I went to the web site of the rental company to get a confirm directly from them. They confirmed the rental and price shown but said that since the booking was not made by them they could not provide a detailed breakdown of the cost. Similarly, UR could not, or would not, provide a breakdown.

Here's the issue. Reading the UR T&C for car rentals, it says that taxes and fees are included, but has words to the effect that local fees might be assessed when the car is picked up. Car rental fees in Hawaii are extremely high, amounting to as much of 50% of the base rate and my my case a couple of hundred dollars, and I would like to see now what's included.

Has anyone been able to get a detail breakdown of cost after renting through UR, and if so how? Should I risk that when UR states all taxes and fees are included, the possibility of additional local fees being assessed is minimal?

BTW, I know that the reservation can be cancelled with no penalty up to 2 before travel. So I will be able to continue my search and cancel if I can get a comparable price, with details, from a car rental or other company.

Thanks for any input.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by donsug
Here's the issue. Reading the UR T&C for car rentals, it says that taxes and fees are included, but has words to the effect that local fees might be assessed when the car is picked up. Car rental fees in Hawaii are extremely high, amounting to as much of 50% of the base rate and my my case a couple of hundred dollars, and I would like to see now what's included.

Has anyone been able to get a detail breakdown of cost after renting through UR, and if so how? Should I risk that when UR states all taxes and fees are included, the possibility of additional local fees being assessed is minimal?

BTW, I know that the reservation can be cancelled with no penalty up to 2 before travel. So I will be able to continue my search and cancel if I can get a comparable price, with details, from a car rental or other company.

Thanks for any input.
IME (a couple of rentals through UR and TY portals), you won't have to pay anything. I do agree the language on the site is pretty poor.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:11 pm

Don't know about Hawaii, but for car rentals I use Priceline (name your own price). No one comes close. You might wanna take a look.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
Delta Receipts

If I book a Delta flight through UR paying w my CSP (not points), does anyone know what the receipt looks like on Delta.com. I use the Delta.com receipt for my expense report and wondering if I can start using the UR mall and have the receipt be consistent w booking through Delta.com

TIA!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:52 am

Flight cancelled, options?

Back in April, I bought 3 tickets FLR-CTA on Alitalia for November using UR points, and a fourth ticket on the same flight using AMEX MR points. On August 20th, I got a notification that AZ had cancelled that flight and rebooked us FLR-FCO-CTA which gets us in to CTA much later than we want, and wastes time with the layover. I hadn't looked at LCCs so I didn't do anything, but I would much rather cancel these flights and book on Vueling or Meridiana, especially in the light of recent AZ news.

Does anyone have any experience cancelling flights booked with UR due to schedule changes, or know how I would be refunded? TIA.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Couple of questions related to a United booking through Ultimate Rewards using points.

I have the MileagePlus Explorer card so I was wondering if I book the flights using points, would I be able to get free baggage? Even if I don't charge anything to the Explorer card?

Second question relates refund or cancellation for flights book with points? Can that be done? If so, are we dealing with points back to UR or simply money back or certificate from United?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
Couple of questions related to a United booking through Ultimate Rewards using points.

I have the MileagePlus Explorer card so I was wondering if I book the flights using points, would I be able to get free baggage? Even if I don't charge anything to the Explorer card?

Second question relates refund or cancellation for flights book with points? Can that be done? If so, are we dealing with points back to UR or simply money back or certificate from United?
I think you must use the Explorer card for the baggage benefit.

I had an AZ flight purchased with UR points cancelled due to a schedule change. It hasn't gone through yet, but Chase said I would get the points, not the money back.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
I think you must use the Explorer card for the baggage benefit.

I had an AZ flight purchased with UR points cancelled due to a schedule change. It hasn't gone through yet, but Chase said I would get the points, not the money back.
Yup. The baggage benefit is only when the ticket is being purchased on the Explorer card. I think only the Delta Amex cards allow you to get the baggage benefit without charging ticket on the card, it's tied to your Skypesos number.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyone had luck adding your loyalty program # to a rental car from UR Mall? I booked a Thrifty car in LAX where a 2 hour wait in line is common, so I wanted to be sure to add my Blue Chip # onto the reservation to bypass the line!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:46 am

I read this thread but am honestly confused so the answer is probably in there but I wanted to try to spell it out so it is clear cut...

I have a book to flight soon and do not have enough points yet for any awards so it will be cash purchase. I am currently working on a minimum spend for a Citi AAdvantage card and thought I would use that. So, if I purchase tickets for an AA flight, with my AA card, through the Chase UR Mall what will my points look like? Would I get...

1 UR/$
2 AAdvantage/$

for each dollar spent in this fashion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.