Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 9:33 pm

Hotels.com Devalued on UR Mall

Just noticed on a new booking 3X extra points now, not 4X.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:43 pm

Earlier I used to find same Kayak flights on Ultimate Rewards. In fact that was a cross check to make sure that you donot lose out of 25% bonus.

Recently UR flights are about 50 to 100% more expensive. I now take cash from UR from Freedom 5% transfer if I donot find good flight and book on Kayak.

I have stopped using Sapphire Preferred and switched over to 1.65 % cash back on everything BOA Travel rewards credit card.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP
Sometimes there are discrepancies (try looking at any flight on Aer Lingus on UR - ouch!), but UR mall consistently has better pricing than OTAs and booking direct when it comes to rental cars. At the end of the day, no matter the product, you won't get the best deal without shopping around.
Old May 25, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Hotels.com Devalued on UR Mall

The points offered change monthly. I wouldn't say it's devalued.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by augustus21
The points offered change monthly. I wouldn't say it's devalued.
I've haven't noticed that at all & I've booked easily 30X at 4X extra points in the last 3 years. Never seen it higher or lower until now.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:06 pm

Yeah, it's been a little higher lately. Always look around other sites no matter what.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:31 pm

So if I am aiming to book a flight on Southwest, is there any way to get more than just the usual 2 points per dollar spent? Flights don't show up on UR nor on any site like expedia or travelocity ...
Old May 31, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: too many
I just read through this thread and the Travelocity and the UR Mall [Consolidated] thread and think I know what's going on but before I go an canx my reservations and re-book I want to verify.

I posted this in MP & CCF but haven't gotten a response yet. I have been playing around with the UR portal more and haven't got all the ins and outs yet...

I just booked a Marriott stay through Travelocity via the UR portal and used my Marriott Premier Visa.

To keep it simple, lets say total charged was $1k. What will my point capture look like?

I know I'll get the 2x UR for porting to Travelocity
Marriott Premier Visa: 5x or 1x?
Points for stay: 1250 (MR Gold)

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by diggitydog
I know I'll get the 2x UR for porting to Travelocity
Marriott Premier Visa: 5x or 1x?
Points for stay: 1250 (MR Gold)
If it's like other Chase cards (i.e. Hyatt, and United Club Visa), it will only be 1x for Marriott Premier Visa not 5x (Travelocity is NOT a Marriott merchant code for it to trigger 5x). Yes but you still still get the 2x UR and 1250 for MR Gold.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I just booked a Marriott stay through Travelocity via the UR portal and used my Marriott Premier Visa.
Is it a prepaid reservation (you paid Travelocity at time of booking) or postpaid (you will pay Marriott at time of checkout)?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by mia
Is it a prepaid reservation (you paid Travelocity at time of booking) or postpaid (you will pay Marriott at time of checkout)?
It was prepaid, that's what cast the initial doubt. I ended up calling Travelocity and canceling the reservation and then rebooked directly through Marriott via UR Mall. Same bonus points. ^

I only used TO because I was already there for something else.

One thing I did notice is the booking through TO was ~$100 more even though the nightly rate was the same.

Now my point capture should look more like:

2x UR= 5200 (for porting to Marriott.com)
1.5x MR Gold= 3900
5x MR Visa= 13k
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:03 am

Thumbs up

It was prepaid, that's what cast the initial doubt. I ended up calling Travelocity and canceling the reservation and then rebooked directly through Marriott via UR Mall. Same bonus points. ^

I only used TO because I was already there for something else.

One thing I did notice is the booking through TO was ~$100 more even though the nightly rate was the same.

Now my point capture should look more like:

2x UR= 5200 (for porting to Marriott.com)
1.5x MR Gold= 3900
5x MR Visa= 13k
Very nice, i didn't even think about porting to Marriott itself. You are basically booking directly from Marriott itself, but earning an extra 2UR for free. Neat
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Why would travel reservation purchases take longer? The reservation wasn't made through UR-- rather I used the UR Mall to link to Avis.
Don't know if you'll ever read this, but what was the end result? I've never booked through the Avis portal from UR, would like to know how the points work out after checking out. Or how this even works if I use a non Chase card to book car rental.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Don't know if you'll ever read this, but what was the end result? I've never booked through the Avis portal from UR, would like to know how the points work out after checking out. Or how this even works if I use a non Chase card to book car rental.
I just booked a car with Thrify via the UR portal. I'm curious on the outcome as well. I like using my Amex card when I rent cars in case I have to dispute anything so Im in this exact situation. My rental isn't until the end of July though...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Looking to buy an Apple computer in the next few days. I qualify for an education discount. UR is offering 2 points per dollar spent. Thinking about waiting to see what is offered in July. What is the trend? Is it likely to increase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.