Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Sorry not a good response. But heard transferring is best option for Ur

Last edited by ac921ol; Nov 20, 2013 at 6:42 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wiivile
I mean, the variance in prices and availability between the two images I posted in the original post is just unacceptable.
Did you try to book the trip on Kayak to verify that seat inventory was actually available at that price? The carrier may have a published rate at that level, but with very limited availability.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Yes, bookings done through the UR mall can be done with any card. They may not be coded as travel (I haven't tried) so you may have to call in if you are trying to redeem Arrival points for the purchase.
I would like to use a non-UR card for booking car rental from UR portal, but the payment option is always pre-filled with my Freedom card with no way to change to a different card. I get there by UltimateRewards.com. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the case that car rental can only be paid with the UR card?

Last edited by italdesign; Nov 23, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can someone shed light on my last post? I've read in several places that a non-UR card can be used to purchase things via the UR Mall/portal, but I was restricted to my UR card for a rental car booked via UR portal. Maybe the former was referring to a different UR mall/portal? In any case a clarification would be helpful.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA
Does Chase Price Protection cover airline tickets purchased through UR mall?

For example, if you book a flight through UR mall for $1200 and it's advertised on Kayak.com for $1000, will they give you a refund under Price Protection?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by wiivile
Does Chase Price Protection cover airline tickets purchased through UR mall?

For example, if you book a flight through UR mall for $1200 and it's advertised on Kayak.com for $1000, will they give you a refund under Price Protection?

If you are looking to get extra points when booking, you can easily book via Expedia or Travelocity via the UR mall, which will give you the extra points. It's been very rare that I've seen them display different prices than kayak since they typically have access to the exact same itinerary.

You may also want to check fare codes, which you can do a flightstats.com to see whether the websites are displaying accurate fare codes. This will tell you if kayak is giving you phantom availability (which I have seen before) or if the UR mall is not displaying lower fare codes. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Alternatively you could transfer miles over to BA and fly EI. Should be relatively low taxes, and if you don't mind Amtraking (us MR points!) over to BOS you can fly for 25K rt in Y or 50K rt in J to SNN. From there its a very easy hop over to the UK.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dublin487
Here's a related question I've been wondering about and haven't been able to find an answer: if I book a flight through the UR travel engine, does the 24-hour cancellation policy still apply like it does if I book directly with the airline? In this case it's United, which does allow you to cancel within 24 hours.
I have this same question. Anyone know?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by blueman2
I have this same question. Anyone know?
The 24 hour cancellation policy is pretty much the law, so I would certainly think so, but have no personal experience with it.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Is anyone else noticing longer than normal ticketing times in the last month or two with United reservations via the UR portal?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:22 pm

Ultimate Rewards Ticket - Airline Miles, too?

If I book an airline ticket thru Chase Ultimate Rewards, do I earn miles on the airline as I would if I booked the ticket directly with the airline?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Yes, its the same as buying through any other travel agency.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by mia
Yes, its the same as buying through any other travel agency.
Also like purchasing through a travel agency if it's UA or Delta you get credit for the MQD's.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS
Question on UR Travel Bookings

This is a pretty simple question, and I apologize if it has been covered somewhere else and I missed it.

If I book travel with UR through Chase's site, does that airline considered that a paid ticket for EQM/RDM or an award ticket?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Yes. 10 char

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.