Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:18 pm

Carter29072: If you booked the base room, they will "upgrade" your room to one with a view. Any additional upgrade they will show you the book of rooms and floor plans and you can pick from it...and pay the difference in price.

In case anyone was wondering: I booked a cash hotel (W Vieques) through the UR site and it was EXTREMELY ambiguous concerning Resort Fees and taxes (confirmation said it was through a company called Hotel Beds). Some things said it was all included and other things said it was extra. IT WAS ALL INCLUDED in the rate paid at UR checkout. There were none of those charges on the folio when I checked out. This rate was about $600 cheaper than the best I could find on SPG site with any of the promos so I was a happy camper!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
Apologies if this has been asked before (I couldn't find the answer in a search), but I just booked a US Air flight through the Chase UR mall. I wasn't able to select seats during the booking process. I assume I'll have to wait until the trip confirmation comes through and I have a ticket number in order to pick my seat, but I figured I'd check with you all in the meantime. Am I right about that?

Thanks very much!
go to airline web site and choose your seat......or call airline. I book UA flights thru Chase, never choose my seats there, go straight to United web site where it shows my reservation. Then I book my seats. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:00 am

Is there an advantage to using the UR mall as opposed to say clicking through to Travelocity where you can get additional points?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by steppie
go to airline web site and choose your seat......or call airline. I book UA flights thru Chase, never choose my seats there, go straight to United web site where it shows my reservation. Then I book my seats. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. But I don't actually have a confirmation number or ticket number from the airline, just an order number from Chase.

When you book air travel through Chase, when do they send you the ticket number or airline confirmation number?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:40 pm
inY

I booked an AA flight through the UR portal. First try got the dreaded "The selected itinerary is no longer available. Please try a new search." message and the price went up (also confirmed on ITA). Got no confirmation e-mail. So I circled back and bought the ticket with the higher price. Got a confirmation e-mail. The site still shows that I paid the higher price and there's no evidence of a booking at the lower price.

Checked on AA's site and they were showing my ticket, with the same PNR, at the lower price! Called UR travel, they said I didn't understand how to read AA's website. Called AA and the agent quoted the higher price, but I insisted and the agent saw a complicated web of edits by the agency, and eventually agreed that the cheaper price was in fact what they were paid. AA says I had two tickets at some point and the travel agency had gone in and voided the higher-priced one (go proactive travel agency!). Still trying to extract the price difference from UR travel though.

EDIT: UR travel agreed to refund the difference in "7-10 days" which I'm happy with.

Moral: audit your ticket prices. Sometimes travel agents magically get a lower price.

Last edited by inY; Apr 29, 2014 at 8:52 pm
Old May 10, 2014, 5:39 am

Many of the UR rental cars offers come with points and points+cash options, but no option to pay fully by cash. If one pays 1point+$199.99 for a $200 car rental, I guess he loses the CDW that comes with credit card because not all the amount of rental was paid by credit card.
Any thought or experience on this?

If true, this greatly decreases the value of any saving.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:29 am
formerly ffactoryxx

Anyone have past experience booking hotels in Maui through the Ultimate Portal? Good deals?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Can one do the Look No Further best price guarantee claim with Marriott using the rate found on Method 2?

i.e. Book under Method 1, then file LNF claim with Marriott using the website Method 2 led to, that shows a much cheaper rate.

If Marriott approves the claim, you will get a 25% discount on the rate by Method 2, and the stay earns full credit with Marriott, Status, Points and Promo - it is qualifying stay.

The key is, if the site is accessible by Marriott rep. If not, then it would not work.
has anyone tried this?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:21 pm

Hotel Room details are ambiguous

I'm trying to book a hotel room in Miami via the UR mall. Does anyone know how to learn more information about the rooms available? For example, if I'm looking at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne, there are 10 room options, such as "Superior Room - Double Bed - Suitable for 1-2 guests" or "Superior - RoomType 1 - Suitable for 1-2 guests". For more points is "DOUBLE SUPERIOR - ROOM ONLY - Suitable for 1-2 guests"

What is the difference among the options? How do I know what I'm actually getting for the points I'm paying?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ennaidc
I'm trying to book a hotel room in Miami via the UR mall. Does anyone know how to learn more information about the rooms available? For example, if I'm looking at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne, there are 10 room options, such as "Superior Room - Double Bed - Suitable for 1-2 guests" or "Superior - RoomType 1 - Suitable for 1-2 guests". For more points is "DOUBLE SUPERIOR - ROOM ONLY - Suitable for 1-2 guests"

What is the difference among the options? How do I know what I'm actually getting for the points I'm paying?
I would look at ritz' website simultaneously. As the $/room goes up on their site, it should be at he same rate pt/room goes up on the chase ur site.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:41 pm

Booking Aegean with Ultimate Rewards

I need to book two inner-island flights in Greece on Aegean and the prices seem pretty high. What are my award options using Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

I have tried searching on United.com but I can't get any results...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by TommyV
I need to book two inner-island flights in Greece on Aegean and the prices seem pretty high. What are my award options using Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

I have tried searching on United.com but I can't get any results...
You don't say what city pairs or dates you are searching for, but when I put in Athens to Mikonos on United, I see availability nearly every day for months for 15k miles and $41.60. Are you sure that Aegean flies to the city you want?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegean_...s_destinations
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:28 pm

The flights are ATH to EFL Aug 10 to 18 and ATH to JTR Aug 20 to 24
Aegean is the only option.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Prices don't look high to me. 140E for the ATH-EFL round trip. Compared to 30K UR, I'd pay the cash.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:50 pm

It was previously $380, departing at 5;55pm, which appears to no longer be available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.