Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZCN17
So if I have a new address than the one listed on my BA account I should be able to get the bonus?
Your assuming Chase doesn't have any involvement in this process; if they do I won't be able to get the bonus.

Any one have some info about this? I'm tempted to pull the trigger soon.
I believe the key is the ability to generate a new BA account. The emphasis is "I believe". However Chase and BA actually operate their business, I dont have any "proven" information. It is all based on deduction from reported data. So take it with a huge grain of salt.

As you are reading, you probably came upon a post by someone who had a very hard time to get his 2 legitimately created BA accounts merged. (The 2nd BA account was created when AMEX was not able to transfer his Membership Reward points to his existing BA account and the 2 companies had a conference call then came up with the 2nd BA account solution.) But he could not do squat to have BA merge the 2 accounts, using his words, it is a big mess. Both his BA accounts are current and he can see them no problem. He just cannot have the points combined to let him have a bigger balance in one account. We dont know if a Household account could solve the issue or not.

FYI, members in a Household Account MUST have the same address so dont even think you could go that route later.

Also if you still have a lot of Avios in your existing BA account, I am not sure it is a good idea to trick BA because you would then risk losing all the existing Avios when BA decides to close your account. just sayin.

For those whose existing BA accounts have very little left, it is worth to try and see what happen. Let's see if there are any folks in such envious position to try their luck again and report back to the community.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txrose86
I called about 3 hours later. They hadn't processed my application yet, but did it while I was on hold. I would call back. Previously on another application I called about 2 hours after applying and went throught the same process, but another time I called about 15 minutes later (on a Saturday) and they asked some questions but told me to call back in about 3 days for an answer.
There really are no set rules. It seems to all depend on how the system (the assessment model) spit out the result of "verification". Not everyone gets the same answer and even the same person does not get the same answer every time.

I generally wait 24 hours to call - by then, in my own experiences, the evaluation model has already given some type of result and the recon dept rep is able to view those without too much his / her own intelligence, and they can make decision pretty much very quickly over the phone based on what the system allows them to do / over-ride.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Am surprised nobody responded to my question on page 4, so I think I'll post it again...
I had the BA visa 100K deal a few years back and closed it June 2011...Can I get this new Avios card...?
I too am wondering about the chances of getting approved given that, in post 16, it is stated that "Previous...cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Perhaps it could it be considered that the former card offer was for a plain (non-smart chip) "BA" card and the new offer is for an "Avios" BA card with the new "smart chip technology"- and these are (somewhat) different products (with different bonus miles-earning features)?

Last edited by muji; Apr 18, 2012 at 7:40 pm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:49 pm

Thank you so much to the original poster!. Just got my wife approved too. Had to shuffle one of her chase credit lines but we are fine with that. So all in we end up with 200K Avios after holding for 1 year 1 day + and pay $300 for annual fees plus a purchase on each card. pretty nice deal!

Last edited by aviator8; Apr 18, 2012 at 4:35 pm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ops5
I don't think anyone here has gone past the Chase app & actually purchased a ticket.
Finally got the offer, IE, dummy booking, but on this try didn't use 'flexible', so would have had to click on pay for this flight with new card. Chickened out, as I didn't know if I'd end up purchasing non-refundable when approved.

Still on a mission, I'll snag this puppy sooner or later.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:53 pm

BA churn attempt from previous BA card in 2008/9

Originally Posted by muji
I too am wondering about the chances of getting approved (given that, in post 16, it is stated that "Previous...cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.") Could it be considered that the former card offer was for a plain (non-smart chip) "BA" card and the new offer is for an "Avios" BA card with the new "smart chip technology"- and these are (somewhat) different products (with different bonus miles-earning features)?
I got BA visa back in 2008/9 and cancelled around 2009. I sent secure message to Chase to ask if I can still apply and if they see I'm an existing client(of BA) and they said no, and asked me to call their credit department to reconfirm. I called and they said they dont have any records of my old BA account based on my SSN. So going to try for this and see. Fingers crossed, if they deny my miles, I'll just complain.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
For Chase reconsideration, I called 888-245-0625 and was denied. The lady just read what the computer spewed out and didn't care to help me get the card.

Then called 800-453-9719 (after Million Mile Secrets said to try again - thank you! I didn't plan to since I was turned down so hard). The guy from the start wanted to help me get the card and did after swapping some credit line.

Don't know if the number made a difference, but count me as one data point.
Just called 800-453-9719 and the rep said that he's a Business Credit rep and that I have reached Business vs Consumer
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:23 pm

Reconsideration Numbers

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Just called 800-453-9719 and the rep said that he's a Business Credit rep and that I have reached Business vs Consumer
Just got transferred to Consumer lending who just said the same thing as the status as in "It's in pending" status and it will take 30 days. I asked if there's anyway I can find out now, she said no, there's some additional verification that needs to be done and that I have to wait 30 days.

Any body else get this? How do you go around this? Is there another number than 800-453-9719?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by andaman C
I called the reconsideration line within minutes of receiving the "pending" message. They located my app via my SS# and were able to approve after manager's review and answering some questions.
Which number did you call?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:33 pm

Just got transferred to Consumer lending who just said the same thing as the status as in "It's in pending" status and it will take 30 days. I asked if there's anyway I can find out now, she said no, there's some additional verification that needs to be done and that I have to wait 30 days.

Any body else get this? How do you go around this? Is there another number than 800-453-9719?
I've always called 888-245-0625, and they've processed my application while I was on the phone.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by txrose86
I've always called 888-245-0625, and they've processed my application while I was on the phone.
If you don't get the results you want at that number, then try 888-270-2127.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I called the 800 number and was asked if this was a business or consumer card. This is apparently the business line, but they transfered me to consumer and the nice gentleman was able to approve the card. This about 10 minutes after submitting the application. Maybe dumb luck, their transfer number is better than the normal one, or just got the right CSR.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by andaman C
I called the 800 number and was asked if this was a business or consumer card. This is apparently the business line, but they transfered me to consumer and the nice gentleman was able to approve the card. This about 10 minutes after submitting the application. Maybe dumb luck, their transfer number is better than the normal one, or just got the right CSR.
Just got approved. The line the 800 transferred me to was 1877-470-9042 who basically asked me 3-5 security questions (previous addresses, phone numbers, name of credit cards) and was instantly approved!

Now I hope I get the miles! Since I had applied and got BA back in 2008/9. Secure message sent and called to confirm, all said they have no record of my previous BA and I am good to go.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:16 pm

If award ticket thru BA on AA, do you keep AA status & perks?

I was recently approved for the BA card and as I started thinking ahead to how I'd use the miles--likely for short, coach domestic flights on AA.

I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd still be allowed my AA status and perks if it is an AA flight even if the award ticket is through BA where I have no status?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:45 pm

I got BA visa back in 2008/9 and cancelled around 2009. I sent secure message to Chase...they said they dont have any records of my old BA account based on my SSN.
Do you mean that Chase no longer had a record of your having had a Chase BA credit card (which would be surprising to me) or that Chase had no information on your BA (frequent flyer) account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.