Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gave it a shot. Everything exactly as described. No instant approval.

Kinda doubtful, since I got the 100K offer last year and I think the card might still be active. That should kill it for sure.

Oh well ... 10 minutes out of my life. There's always another offer waiting in the wings.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:02 pm
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I have the exact same problem where I live. It's all about Experian. I got real lucky with Chase last week. I applied for a card and got the "requires further review" message. So next day I call and I'm told my application was auto-denied because I already have a similar Chase product. After we got beyond that (false) fact, the nice rep informed me the system never pulled a CR for me since the app was auto-denied for "similar product" and that she will need to pull a copy to be able to process my app. Low-and-behold she pulls TU and it was a double-win for me! Obviously I couldn't explain to her why she really, really made my day. ^
Heh, you obviously have the CB B method down, eh?

If only they all would pull TU..
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by tinadump
Oh and I should mention, I didn't need to book a flight. Logged into my Avios account and searched for a flight from Aberdeen (ABZ) to London Any and chose some random flights. Got to purchase screen and the offer was there. Closed everything after applying.
Please clarify for a Newbie. Did you buy a ticket ?

What do you mean " Closed everything after applying.[/?"

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by GGE

Always considered it, just 'activated' it. I'm overwhelmed by everyone wanting a piece of Experian. Without much thinking, I applied for a credit limit increase from Citi through My Account (0% offer on account) and they ended up pulling a hard Experian copy, too! It really bothered me because it wasn't made clear they would pull a hard copy and I have been fighting so hard (with my miles junkie self) not to apply for any cards requiring an Experian pull. Sure I got the increase but I would have much rather used the hard pull for a new Citi product. So starting today, I'm now giving the CB B method a try.

OK, sorry, done with my rant...
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:28 pm

Ice

Originally Posted by GGE

Why not just freeze EX. I did, and my last two approvals with Chase, they pulled EQ on one and TU on the other.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:30 pm
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Abubacus
Why not just freeze EX. I did, and my last two approvals with Chase, they pulled EQ on one and TU on the other.
I've thought about it. It does help me to exercise a bit more discretion with the applications, though. EX is like the devil AND the angel on my shoulders!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by NEWEXP1
Please clarify for a Newbie. Did you buy a ticket ?

What do you mean " Closed everything after applying.[/?"

Thanks
After you apply for the card you do not can exit the entire ticketing process.

No need to continue purchasing the ticket unless you want it.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Previous Cardholders.

So, do we have enough info about the previous cardholders eligibility?

Here is what the fine print says about this, which doesn't look too promising:

"3. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases or balance transfers, or using any checks that access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus Avios to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Last edited by pianistat; Apr 21, 2012 at 5:43 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Both my wife and I were approved. We are previous card holders (cancelled a year ago). Neither of us have received emails, however, so I can't guarantee we will get the miles yet.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg0ire
Both my wife and I were approved. We are previous card holders (cancelled a year ago). Neither of us have received emails, however, so I can't guarantee we will get the miles yet.
With Chase, being approved does NOT equal to being able to get the miles.

You will find out the truth on your statement of which you have met the requirement to earn the bonus.

Please do report back if you get bonus or not as this would be fresh information on the latest Chase policy (approved card but denied miles is the policy we know so far).

We have a few folks to put themselves on the test. Hopefully we would hear some positive good news. Good Luck to y'all who are previous cardholders and decide to test the water again.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:21 pm

Card arrived today, less than a week after first applying!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
A friend of mine with great credit and no current Chase cards applied this eve. He went for the method of beginning to book a ticket through BA to get this going. He wrote:

Okay... I was able to apply for the card and I was able to ditch the
deal before paying. It said I was approved and the card would be sent in 7 to
10 days... at the end where it put me back to the BA ticket purchase it
said I could use the new card and they would transfer the new number to
BA but for security they would not display the number... at the final step
I had the option of using another purchase method and then I bailed,
emptied the cart and started over.

The deal IS better than ones I had seen elsewhere - it's 50K points now and 50K on the anniversary - it is also $75 a year through this method...

So, no email confirmation though, not yet anyway.

He thinks he got it. This makes me want to apply for one. My wife has one (from the deal last year) and so I may have to dive into this, although at present I have almost every Chase card under the sun and I'm not sure they will let me get another. We shall see.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:31 pm

I applied for the card but forgot to create a frequent flyer number. Will they able to create one for me and post the miles?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by homeoneday
I applied for the card but forgot to create a frequent flyer number. Will they able to create one for me and post the miles?
Yes they will create one for you.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
For those receiving the Chase BA card, is it the chip card?

I just received a mailing offering to replace my existing card to a chip card with a phone call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.