Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by MissMiles
If you cancel the card right after the final 50k points are posted at the start of year 2, will Chase refund a portion of the $75 fee?
It is difficult to get Chase to refund an AF if that AF activated a bonus. But YMMV.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
If you cancel the card right after the final 50k points are posted at the start of year 2, will Chase refund a portion of the $75 fee?
Will you give a portion of the 50k points back to Chase??
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by mike2200
Will you give a portion of the 50k points back to Chase??
To be fair you shouldn't have to. The conditions of the offer are that it is the FIRST spend which triggers both the first bonus and the second bonus, not paying the annual fee. They've just set the second bonus disbursement to be after you've paid the second fee, not because you did. That's the way it's been explained to myself and to a bunch of other people by the telephone representatives.

TL;DR: No.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:20 am

Can I get in on this deal if i did the 100K British Airways deal last year? I wasn't sure if it is technically the same deal since now they call the miles Avios? Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
how to apply for this deal over the phone???

Ok...my current situation.... have two Chase cards...770 score....
and I had this BA Exec Club Visa card in 2010 and cancelled in 2011, and got that nice 100K bonus back then.
But I just realized, that none of my current five credit cards, have the "no foreign transaction fee", which I actually need each summer.
So... whats the best way to go about trying to get his card again, along with the new 100K enrollment bonus? Is there a number I can call to apply ???????? Id give the reason that I need a foreign fee free card.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by txrose86
I received my card today as well and just called to activate it.
My card did not have an EMV chip, but they said they that it should have and that they would send another one within 3-5 business days.
Received the new card with an EMV chip today. Just in time for my trip to Europe!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:34 pm

Received the new card with an EMV chip today. Just in time for my trip to Europe!
Nice, what visually signifies that the card has the EMV chip? Does it say "EMV" on the plastic or something?...just want to be sure I get the right one when it comes, thx in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by garkman
Nice, what visually signifies that the card has the EMV chip? Does it say "EMV" on the plastic or something?...just want to be sure I get the right one when it comes, thx in advance.
If it has EMV it will have a metallic square with kind of grid lines on the left side of the front of the card, just above the first four digits of the card number. The BA card on Chase's website shows it (here). The metallic square is the chip that you insert into the slot of the card reader. I don't think it actually says EMV anywhere. Hope that explained it okay.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Applied for wifey's card and instant approval. Another 100K yeppie
Old May 1, 2012, 1:51 am

If it has EMV it will have a metallic square with kind of grid lines on the left side of the front of the card, just above the first four digits of the card number. The BA card on Chase's website shows it (here). The metallic square is the chip that you insert into the slot of the card reader. I don't think it actually says EMV anywhere. Hope that explained it okay.
Perfect, thanks - from the sound of it people aren't getting it unless they ask for it, so now we can know just by glancing if we've got it or not (didn't know of that chip was just blink or one of the other proprietary US-only systems). Kudos!
Old May 1, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, TSA PreCheck
Applied last night following post 1 instructions, received the approval screen with a link to go back to complete the booking and stopped. However, I've not received any email confirmation or follow ups. Is that normal? I'd expected something since an email address was requested during the process.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by zphelj
Applied last night following post 1 instructions, received the approval screen with a link to go back to complete the booking and stopped. However, I've not received any email confirmation or follow ups. Is that normal? I'd expected something since an email address was requested during the process.
I've never received email confirmation for this card or any other with any bank, even when I specifically check the box saying "notify by email". At most I'll get something weeks after I physically receive the card.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by zphelj
The only email I got was from BA two days later. And by then the card was already showing up in my Chase account online.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
It is difficult to get Chase to refund an AF if that AF activated a bonus. But YMMV.
I'm not sure if its the AF that activates the bonus. I just think that the final 50k miles bonus is given in the begining of the 2nd year and happens to coincide with when the AF is charged. My rationale is that, if you don't have the card for the full 2nd year, does Chase really have the right to keep all 12 months worth of the AF (in yr 2)?
Old May 1, 2012, 12:56 pm

I'm not sure if its the AF that activates the bonus. I just think that the final 50k miles bonus is given in the begining of the 2nd year and happens to coincide with when the AF is charged. My rationale is that, if you don't have the card for the full 2nd year, does Chase really have the right to keep all 12 months worth of the AF (in yr 2)?
They have the 'right' to, but will they let it slide? Possibly.

I suppose it's 1-year and $75 bucks away .... let's see what happens for those who are curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.