Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by bernyx
Tried it again using google chrome and saw the offer, did not work on firefox
I used Firefox (Private Browsing) with no problem. The offer came up more than once while messing around. I ended up with seperate instant approvals for wife and I.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Igor718
I am actually thinking if I should risk and apply for this one for my mother.

Last Chase app was for the Ink Bold card on 4/11 and before that did a SPG card on 1/10 (not chase but same Experian) ... before that did a Chase CO card on 11/16/11

So .... how safe am I to apply for this one right now .... just 4-5 days after I got the Chase Bold Ink card.

what do you guys think? For the Ink Bold I had top call the reconsideration line and move some funds around.
Your Mom looks fine on that.

You do not, especially you already have to shuffle line to get approval on your Ink Bold so freshly.

But of course all it costs is just an inquiry, and if you succeed, you will have a big bragging right! @:-)
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Can I just call Chase and request this card without having to buy a BA ticket?
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Can I call chase and avid BA's website though? Also, any way to trigger the 2nd 50k before the 1 year anniversary?
Please do not call. If you are not comfortable to apply it via BA site, then resist the temptation of the easy bonuses but DONT ruin others' opportunities to apply by bring attention to Chase and increasing the risk for the offer being pulled. There are often unintentional consequences associated with some seemingly innocent acts.

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
Why do OP always want to call ?
OP wants to avoid buying BA ticket despite all the evidences show that you do NOT need to actually buy a ticket.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:12 pm

They key for me was logging into my Executive Club account before I tried booking.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:05 am

100K offer

I am interested in this offer. Is there a way I can get this offer without booking the flight tickets? I am worried if I click the submit button (after entering the credit card application) it will charge the flight tickets to the credit card.
Any suggestions on this please?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
on the button to submit the application it seems to clearly indicate that the ticket will be charged to the card - does everyone see that? and if so, i guess the consensus is that because it's not an instant approval you have the opportunity to cancel the flight but retain the application?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I am interested in this offer. Is there a way I can get this offer without booking the flight tickets? I am worried if I click the submit button (after entering the credit card application) it will charge the flight tickets to the credit card.
Any suggestions on this please?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by mnowak13
on the button to submit the application it seems to clearly indicate that the ticket will be charged to the card - does everyone see that? and if so, i guess the consensus is that because it's not an instant approval you have the opportunity to cancel the flight but retain the application?

YMMV, but see below post in relation to two separate apps (wife & I), both with instant approval:
Originally Posted by Ops5
So I went for it. Instant approval and no ticket purchased. Here's hoping the card shows up and the miles post!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:41 pm

Can't get application to appear on final page...

Hi - I was hoping someone can help me. I do not see a credit application anywhere. I have tried all kinds of flights - logged in, logged out, 1 ticket, 2 tickets, economy, first, NY > London DC > London, the one thing I have not tried is a REFUNDABLE TICKET UNDER $2,000 - I just can't find one for the dates specified. I have even tried a flight from Paris > London but no luck.

I can not get the app to display! What am I doing wrong?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by goldenhelpdesk
Hi - I was hoping someone can help me. I do not see a credit application anywhere. I have tried all kinds of flights - logged in, logged out, 1 ticket, 2 tickets, economy, first, NY > London DC > London, the one thing I have not tried is a REFUNDABLE TICKET UNDER $2,000 - I just can't find one for the dates specified. I have even tried a flight from Paris > London but no luck.

It may be my dumb luck... but I just plugged in a refundable ticket, LAX-LHR for a random date in May, and was off and running. Got to the payment page, completed the app, received the "pending" notice, exited the website, called the reconsideration line and badda-bing, badda boom, card is on the way.

I don't know, and wouldn't want anyone to go on this advice, but I suspect that even if you were approved, you there would be at least one more button to push before it actually charged the card (i.e. opportunity to exit). Anyone have experience with this?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:28 pm

Are you actually going far enough? You need to go PAST the page where you enter your personal information. I would suggest something refundable, unless you actually want to take the trip.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Are you actually going far enough? You need to go PAST the page where you enter your personal information. I would suggest something refundable, unless you actually want to take the trip.
Yes - I was going all the way to the payment page. I actually got it - the trick is to have the flight UNDER $2k. I saw that in a previous post but could not find a REFUNDABLE flight under $2k. All of mine were coming in at $3k.

However I was able to find a cheap flight for $600 (NON-refundable) realizing my Chase card was never going to get instantly approved. It never does... so I'll give it a couple days and call the reconsideration number. Also I was not logged into my Avios account.

Let me back up to help others: After going through the payment process, it shows the ad and you agree to pay for the flight using the card. Fill out the app, submit, and it told me, "Your application requires further processing. .. but you can still pay for your flight!" so it brings you back to the payment screen. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. App submitted, flight not purchased.

Now is there a way for a REFUNDABLE flight under $2k ? I can't seem to put one together... Actually I Just realized... I am an IDIOT. If I did a ONE WAY refundable ticket it would be under $2k.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Am surprised nobody responded to my question on page 4, so I think I'll post it again...
I had the BA visa 100K deal a few years back and closed it June 2011. This was prior to them being "avios" I think. Can I get this new Avios card, and if yes, how soon????
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:17 pm

Yes - I was going all the way to the payment page. I actually got it - the trick is to have the flight UNDER $2k. I saw that in a previous post but could not find a REFUNDABLE flight under $2k. All of mine were coming in at $3k.

However I was able to find a cheap flight for $600 (NON-refundable) realizing my Chase card was never going to get instantly approved. It never does... so I'll give it a couple days and call the reconsideration number. Also I was not logged into my Avios account.

Let me back up to help others: After going through the payment process, it shows the ad and you agree to pay for the flight using the card. Fill out the app, submit, and it told me, "Your application requires further processing. .. but you can still pay for your flight!" so it brings you back to the payment screen. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. App submitted, flight not purchased.

Now is there a way for a REFUNDABLE flight under $2k ? I can't seem to put one together... Actually I Just realized... I am an IDIOT. If I did a ONE WAY refundable ticket it would be under $2k.

I don't see an option for refundable tickets. I don't know if I am missing anything?

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I don't see an option for refundable tickets. I don't know if I am missing anything?

Thanks again for everyone's help.
There is a check box that says "flexible conditions" - that means refundable.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:18 pm

I called the recon line today and got approval today. I called the second number from previous post 800-453-9719 the first CSR transfered me to the right line. So I would try calling the first number 888-245-0625 and see if that works. Anyway, after I was transfered and waited a few minutes on the phone, she asked me a bunch of general personal questions and said it was approved.
Now I hope this does not affect my next app-o-rama. I was planning on a May start for that one. I am not sure what cards I will go for but I am planning on going for 6-8 cards. I am sure that none of them will be as good as this one tho!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.