Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
What route did you buy it on?

I just tried JFK-LHR refundable fare in economy but didn't get the offer when I got to step 5.

Did it for non-refundable in economy and it shows up.

Anybody else getting that?
Yea I'm seeing the same thing SAN-LHR.

Tried clearing cache as I wasn't sure if maybe it just wouldn't show the same offer twice, but I still didn't get it.

They're clearly making some effort to restrict this to non-refundable fares. I can't blame them.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by CLTF
if anyone has churned this
let us know asap!
I heard its possible if you don't use your BA number and let them create a new one.
Also, I think thread name should be changed to "Must try to buy a ticket"
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Yea I'm seeing the same thing SAN-LHR.

Tried clearing cache as I wasn't sure if maybe it just wouldn't show the same offer twice, but I still didn't get it.

They're clearly making some effort to restrict this to non-refundable fares. I can't blame them.
I did it on refundable one way ord-lhr. I think price is the issue - normal price, you get offer. price $18k - no offer for you.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by al613
I did it on refundable one way ord-lhr. I think price is the issue - normal price, you get offer. price $18k - no offer for you.
Maybe. The price for refundable SAN - LHR for the (random) dates I selected was just under $4k.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rojo
... trying to buy a First Class unrestricted ticket that costs $15,000 and you only get a credit line of $10,000?
VISA Signature (and MasterCard World) Cards have a "no preset spending limit" feature. It's entirely possible to make a $15,000 purchase with a $10,000 limit. Don't count on being declined.

...BA avios can be shared for a family (i think?)
Yes, the feature is called Household Account.

Do they have a phone application I can call
my comp shows the offer but it wont load grrrr

Maybe. The price for refundable SAN - LHR for the (random) dates I selected was just under $4k.
Mine was $1400. E+ refundable for $2k did not work.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:55 pm

dare I try and churn it?
just open it without a Avios number?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by al613
Mine was $1400. E+ refundable for $2k did not work.
I think it is based on price. I was able to find a one way for under 2K refundable and it came up without a problem.

I REALLY hope tragedy of the commons doesn't kill this . . . I'd like to be able to try it in a few months.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Call again!
Goodness...IT WORKED! Called a different number, and got a mellow fellow. The first call was a pretty strict lady.

Thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
Goodness...IT WORKED! Called a different number, and got a mellow fellow. The first call was a pretty strict lady.

Thank you!
What is the different number?

I just applied and was told the same not instantly approved thing (thank god) - now I dont have to go from ATL-LHR haha
but whom do I call. Good credit, etc, lawyer, need to prob move my massive United credit limit over to this one - how many days did u wait?
cheers
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Why does the title now say "must buy ticket"?

It seems many people (including myself) see it with a dummy booking. And one person actually bought a refundable ticket it and it didn't show up. If you can't see it before you pay you wont see it. Right?

Even so many people don't need to buy a ticket. And one person called and got it. This title is not accurate. At best it could "MAY need to buy ticket".
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF
What is the different number?

I just applied and was told the same not instantly approved thing (thank god) - now I dont have to go from ATL-LHR haha
but whom do I call. Good credit, etc, lawyer, need to prob move my massive United credit limit over to this one - how many days did u wait?
cheers
For Chase reconsideration, I called 888-245-0625 and was denied. The lady just read what the computer spewed out and didn't care to help me get the card.

Then called 800-453-9719 (after Million Mile Secrets said to try again - thank you! I didn't plan to since I was turned down so hard). The guy from the start wanted to help me get the card and did after swapping some credit line.

Don't know if the number made a difference, but count me as one data point.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:15 pm

I can confirm that you don't need to buy the tickets to take advantage of the offer. I did this a little over a month ago, and the first 50000 miles are already in my account.

I actually read about it on this board in a thread somewhere (and wondered why it wasn't getting much buzz, but I'm not much of a credit card guru so what do I know?) I think I put in LAX-LHR, non refundable economy tickets and got the offer on the payment page. I didn't complete the purchase and got the card anyway. They reviewed the offer on the phone when I activated my card and it was for the 2 $50000 bonuses.

I was wanting an EMV card with no foreign exchange fees for a trip to Europe and decided on this one. They sent me 2 regular cards before I got the EMV one, but it came before my trip and was great to have while we were there.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by amybd
I can confirm that you don't need to buy the tickets to take advantage of the offer. I did this a little over a month ago, and the first 50000 miles are already in my account.

I actually read about it on this board in a thread somewhere (and wondered why it wasn't getting much buzz, but I'm not much of a credit card guru so what do I know?) I think I put in LAX-LHR, non refundable economy tickets and got the offer on the payment page. I didn't complete the purchase and got the card anyway. They reviewed the offer on the phone when I activated my card and it was for the 2 $50000 bonuses.

I was wanting an EMV card with no foreign exchange fees for a trip to Europe and decided on this one. They sent me 2 regular cards before I got the EMV one, but it came before my trip and was great to have while we were there.
What does EMV stand for again? Either I am stupid, or it's just late and my mind is going blank. lol

Anyway seems great $75 X 2 = $150. Why would anyone do the 20K in spend? Unless your going for the 30K spend and companion ticket. Am I missing something? Because seems like this is the smarter choice? What are the differences between this offer and the other?

Also I hope it is around for longer. I got the Marriott 70K offer in Dec. Then got the United 50K offer before they merged end of Jan. But they gave me a small limit on the United 1 compared to my 2 other Chase cards. Had a CO 1 for over a year now. So anyway I was going to wait longer then 3 month before going for another chase card. What would people suggest 6 months?

And if I got approved for a lower tier cc would I still get the same bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.