Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
I recently signed the wife up for another Explorer card (last one was several years ago). The first statement cycled quickly about 2 weeks after application/approval but we still hit the 2K spend in that time. The Chase website shows her 2,050 miles earned from normal spend under "rewards history" but not the 50K sign up bonus nor the 5K authorized user bonus. I seem to remember the bonus always showing up a few days after the statement cycles once the minimum spend is satisfied. Is it likely the bonus will show up in the coming days/weeks or after the next statement cycle, or could I have a problem of possibly calculating the time since the last bonus was earned incorrectly and being SOL on getting the bonus again this time?
I noticed a similar thing in my account today. I recently signed up for another Explorer card after cancelling mine a year ago. My approval date was 24 months + 1 week from the date I received the last bonus for the card. I was approved instantly with the 50k+5k+$50 credit offer but the card was delayed in coming and cycled quickly after just a few purchases; it is currently showing just the spending-based rewards under reward history. I was expecting to get at least the 5k or the $50, however, but now I'm worried I may have reapplied too soon for the card. Chase does say it takes 6-8 weeks, but in practice it's always been much faster.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Virus4762
How did you get a 50K offer?
Through Login on United's website.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:08 pm

Two questions

1. Has anyone ever gotten the Mileage Plus Explorer bonus more than once in a 24 month period?

2. What's the difference between a small business card and a normal credit card. Obviously a small business card is for small businesses but how would the credit card company know if you're actually using the card for business purchases? Could I just apply for the card to get the bonus? (I got the bonus on the normal Mileage Plus Explorer 10 months ago - wanted my wife to sign up for the bonus but she's only being offered a 30k bonus when she signs into united; I see the Mileage Plus Explorer for small businesses has a 50k offer though).

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:12 pm

Two questions

1. Has anyone ever gotten the Mileage Plus Explorer bonus more than once in a 24 month period?

2. What's the difference between a small business card and a normal credit card. Obviously a small business card is for small businesses but how would the credit card company know if you're actually using the card for business purchases? Could I just apply for the card to get the bonus? (I got the bonus on the normal Mileage Plus Explorer 10 months ago - wanted my wife to sign up for the bonus but she's only being offered a 30k bonus when she signs into united; I see the Mileage Plus Explorer for small businesses has a 50k offer though).

Thanks
One difference is with a business card you don't get the same consumer protections in a merchant dispute.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:18 pm

Two questions

Thanks
Answers:

1. No, you have to wait 24 months since you last got the same bonus for the same card. You can get personal Explorer and then business within 24 months, however.

2. If you have a legit business and get a business card, you can use it for whatever you want. I've been doing this for years and there's no issue. That being said, Chase especially does quiz you quite a bit about your business over the phone before they approve your card. They'll do this even if it's the 6th time in the last 4 years that you've applied for and been approved for a business card.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:22 pm

Data point: If you walk into a Chase branch and inquire about the Chase UA Visa card with the 50k bonus, you can apply right there (in fact you can only apply for that offer in the branch). I applied and got the 50k+5k bonus for $2k spend with no fee first year. I was approved on the spot with a $33k credit limit despite having $24k of C/L on two other Chase cards. I believe they told me in the past their max per customer (business + personal combined) is $57k.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:55 pm

24.99%

My rate just got jacked up to 25% (I am carrying a balance but always paying on time). Check your rate... I will close the account.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by af fp
My rate just got jacked up to 25% (I am carrying a balance but always paying on time). Check your rate... I will close the account.
Well my bad. I emailed Chase and they told me that the rate for purchases was still 14%, however the rate for cash advances was up from 20% to 25%. I never use cash advances but the notice said nothing about the purchase rate remaining unchanged so I assumed it was up. I might close the account anyway... Maybe get the BA card later on, for the 10% off.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I applied 11/9 but phone system still says 30 days. I know mantra is to wait, but I'm getting impatient.

I have 5 total Chase cards and ~$50K or so in credit (CSP, Freedom, Ritz, Hyatt, Fairmont). Never missed a payment or anything of the like.

Worth calling in or should I keep being patient?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
I had the same problem. I transferred a few chase UR points to my UA account and immediately received a targeted offer.
There's definitely something to this. I transferred 1,000 UR points to my United account on 07 NOV to see if I could trigger an increased offer. I got an email offer for 50K + 5K on 17 NOV that congratulated me for recently earning miles. Apart from this transfer, I haven't recently earned any other United miles. I also got an email offer for the normal 30K about an hour later that didn't mention my recent earnings.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:18 pm

*deleted
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:55 pm

I've been trying to get targeted for this for the past 2 or 3 months. I've only seen the 30k banners, even after I log in and try to book a flight. I've done almost everything to try to get targeted: have miles in account (35k+), transferred UR points, signed up for mileage plus shopping (and bought something), SM'd Chase twice but both told me that it's invite only and that if I were to apply now, and receive an offer within 3 months, they'd match it, but only if I receive the offer.

I'm trying to use these bonus miles for a flight next June so I'd like to book a saver seat asap. What should I do/try?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:32 pm

Why not just walk into a branch and apply?

Originally Posted by Dom624
I've been trying to get targeted for this for the past 2 or 3 months. I've only seen the 30k banners, even after I log in and try to book a flight. I've done almost everything to try to get targeted: have miles in account (35k+), transferred UR points, signed up for mileage plus shopping (and bought something), SM'd Chase twice but both told me that it's invite only and that if I were to apply now, and receive an offer within 3 months, they'd match it, but only if I receive the offer.

I'm trying to use these bonus miles for a flight next June so I'd like to book a saver seat asap. What should I do/try?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Let's say a person, e.g., applies for the Chase IHG online and then applies for this Mileageplus card in a branch. Does anyone know if Chase will still use the first pull for the second app, or are two pulls likely to result? Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Willbur
Why not just walk into a branch and apply?
Would they offer it to me even though I wasn't targeted? And is it available at all branches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.