Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
That's what I thought too.
If it were 5k per AU, there would be a thread "How Many AUs Have YOU Added to Your UA Explorer Card?"
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Same here. Applied June 2, got card today. CSR confirmed 50k bonus for $1k spend in 3 months. Plus I get another 5k as soon as my wife uses her card. I also got another card for another relative which will earnn me another 5k!

Thanks FlyerTalk!!
Same here. I applied on June 1 using post 1654 and the CSR just confirmed 50k for $1k spend in 3 months, plus 5k for AU.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
If it were 5k per AU, there would be a thread "How Many AUs Have YOU Added to Your UA Explorer Card?"
Exactly.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Call the reconsideration line and you will get approval on the phone.
I haven't received my card in the mail yet; however, I did see that a new United Explorer card was added to my Chase online accounts.

Yipee!
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:31 pm

Is there a minimum credit limit that you must be approved for to get the full points bonus?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Same here. Applied June 2, got card today. CSR confirmed 50k bonus for $1k spend in 3 months. Plus I get another 5k as soon as my wife uses her card. I also got another card for another relative which will earnn me another 5k!

Thanks FlyerTalk!!
In my experience, the AU never had to use the card to get the 5k bonus.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jsmithv
In my experience, the AU never had to use the card to get the 5k bonus.
Just got my 55k points on my last statement. I called Chase and at the time my AU didn't use the card, Chase rep told me that i would be getting my 50k points but my AU needed to swipe in order to get the points. AU went and bought a pack of gum that same day, couple of days later statement reflected 55k
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:51 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by eriquita0115
I got a letter that says "While reviewing your application, we noticed that you already have a United account. The last four digits of this existing account are xxxx."

Then further down it says that they'd "like to speak with you (me) to ensure that you (I) have the best credit card to meet your (my) needs". If I call them, what should I expect, and how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Basically they are declining you for the duplicate card. But, the good news is, they do this internally, without a credit pull.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Want to share my experience. I see the 50k banner in my UA account all the time, but each time I click, it goes to a 30k offer. What I did was:

1. Cleared all cookies
2. Switched to IE browser (I used Chrome almost exclusively before)
3. Log onto UA, click on 50k offer banner
4. Voila, there's the $50 application page. Although, apparently I have to spend $2000 in the first 3mo instead of $1000, oh well.

p.s. the $50 statement credit is no longer available right?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:35 am

Datapoint: Applied using post 1654, Instant Approved, Got the card today, Called to Activate, Confirmed 50K in 3 month after 1K spend and 5K for AU and Two UA club pass Annually.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:48 am

points not posting to United MP account after due date changed??

So I'm trying to book an upcoming award flight and needed points to post from my Ink Bold card, Sapphire card, and United Mileage Explorer card. About two weeks ago I requested my bill due date be changed to a date that was about two weeks in the future from the day I requested the change.

Those days have passed and my Sapphire card statement closed getting me the UR points on the statement. My United Explorer card didn't close on the date I thought I had requested, so I contacted Chase and they said it'd close Monday which it did. My statement told me I earned the points and they were transferred to my United account yet I don't see them posted yet.

Does anyone have any experience when changing the due date and seeing points post? I'm worried that they won't transfer until the original statement close date or worse until the next statement closes. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by terpfan101
So I'm trying to book an upcoming award flight and needed points to post from my Ink Bold card, Sapphire card, and United Mileage Explorer card. About two weeks ago I requested my bill due date be changed to a date that was about two weeks in the future from the day I requested the change.

Those days have passed and my Sapphire card statement closed getting me the UR points on the statement. My United Explorer card didn't close on the date I thought I had requested, so I contacted Chase and they said it'd close Monday which it did. My statement told me I earned the points and they were transferred to my United account yet I don't see them posted yet.

Does anyone have any experience when changing the due date and seeing points post? I'm worried that they won't transfer until the original statement close date or worse until the next statement closes. Thanks in advance!
Sometimes I am surprised my United points will take a few days to post. I would wait until tomorrow, then call to inquire.

I had a similar situation where I wanted to move the statement date forward a few days to better accommodate a large recurring monthly payment (to make it easier to pay of the amount before the statement cuts each month). I requested the change on the closing date (this past sunday), assuming it would close and then the next statement would close on the new date. Instead, the account never closed this month so instead I will not have a bill this month. All fine by me since I don't need the points immediately, but I was a bit surprised.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Sometimes I am surprised my United points will take a few days to post. I would wait until tomorrow, then call to inquire.

I had a similar situation where I wanted to move the statement date forward a few days to better accommodate a large recurring monthly payment (to make it easier to pay of the amount before the statement cuts each month). I requested the change on the closing date (this past sunday), assuming it would close and then the next statement would close on the new date. Instead, the account never closed this month so instead I will not have a bill this month. All fine by me since I don't need the points immediately, but I was a bit surprised.
Thanks for the datapoint. I will wait until tomorrow which is the third day after closing and if they haven't posted will give a call. I experienced the same when I just tried to change date for Ink card and for some reason it didn't close when I thought the change would occur. I was told that no statement will be generated this month no idea why so asked to reverse that and let it close as intended. Very bizarre. Wonder if there is a way they can force it to close and give me the points.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:21 pm

anyone successfully reapplied for UA explorer plus personal after 2 years and gotten 50k?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by bdelvec
Just got my 55k points on my last statement. I called Chase and at the time my AU didn't use the card, Chase rep told me that i would be getting my 50k points but my AU needed to swipe in order to get the points. AU went and bought a pack of gum that same day, couple of days later statement reflected 55k
Odd. Well, in my case neither my spouse nor I used our AU cards and we both got the 55k. But its easy enough, so better safe than sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.