Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by starbuk
Apply for the CSP and enjoy your sign-up bonus, the hard pull is well worth it!
40K signing up, 5K more for an AU, 4K from the min spnd. A pretty easy nearly 50K points. If you can use them with one of the Chase partners, it's absolutely well worth it. Plus it gives you PRIMARY rental car insurance, no FTF, and double points for dining. What's not to like?

Plus if you get the no fee Freedom card, 3 months a year you get 5X points for groceries, and other things you can buy at a grocery store, and 3 months 5X for Amazon and some department stores during Christmas shopping season. You can't transfer those points directly to Chase partners, but you can transfer them to your CSP account, and then to airlines and hotels.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
The Rep mentioned her "13 new accounts in the past 12 months". I contained myself, and didn't say "yes, but 8 of them were for AA Exec cards which were all canceled in less than a month".

I know Citi goes strictly by HPs in 6 months, so I was surprised to hear someone say "in the last 12 months". Maybe they look back longer when doing a Bus app? 13 in a year didn't seem that much to me, I've done that many in 6 months before. Since I knew she had fewer HPs than me, it didn't occur to me that would be a problem.
Just saw this today in the comments on one of the blogs:

"Chase has become a lot more stringent with approving business card applications. Just got declined after a lengthy phone conversation with approval department, as they are rejecting businesses with 1-2 years or shorter that have small revenues. Few other people I know have also been rejected for the same reasons."
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:31 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Anyone having trouble accessing their Chase Bank account and/or Ultimate reward portal.. I am unable to log into any of my account or my wife's account(s)
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:57 am
Suspended

Just saw this today in the comments on one of the blogs:

"Chase has become a lot more stringent with approving business card applications. Just got declined after a lengthy phone conversation with approval department, as they are rejecting businesses with 1-2 years or shorter that have small revenues. Few other people I know have also been rejected for the same reasons."
I've been churning Chase biz cards like crazy and haven't had any rejections yet. Funny thing was I got declined for an AMEX Everyday and then 5 minutes later was approved for a Chase biz card.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I've been churning Chase biz cards like crazy and haven't had any rejections yet. Funny thing was I got declined for an AMEX Everyday and then 5 minutes later was approved for a Chase biz card.

Define "like crazy", because lots of us would like to know what the upper edges of multiple approvals are.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Define "like crazy", because lots of us would like to know what the upper edges of multiple approvals are.
Also how long your business has been in business. Since a previous post says Chase is now adverse to short term business apps.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:37 am

Should I cancel my Chase Cards (AF coming up) or lower the CL?

Hi guys/gals. I love Chase. I have/had: Fairmont, SW, Marriot, Hyatt, Sapphire, Freedom all within the last year.

I canceled everything except for:

Marriot: 20k CL
Hyatt: 20k CL
Freedom: 18k CL.

When I closed my other CC, I moved the CL to these card just in case I have to call reconsideration line to move CL around to get a card approved.

My Hyatt and Marriott AF is coming up. I want to keep the Hyatt since the free night is worth it for the AF.

But I also want to apply for some other cards later, and want to increase my chance of instant approval.

Can I contact Chase, hopefully by SM and lower my CL on all 3 cards to like 5-10k?

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Also how long your business has been in business. Since a previous post says Chase is now adverse to short term business apps.
Do people actually give honest answers to the business length? If your biz has an EIN, AMEX could actually try and verify it. If your a sole prop using your own SSN, you could put 50 years and AMEX will never know.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Do people actually give honest answers to the business length? If your biz has an EIN, AMEX could actually try and verify it. If your a sole prop using your own SSN, you could put 50 years and AMEX will never know.
Not being truthful on those apps is akin to fraud, although I doubt it would ever get prosecuted. Banks have lots of ways of verifying info and as long as there is some kernel of truth to what you are saying then you are okay. If you can just sell items on eBay and count that as a business or sell some trinkets from overseas to friends, then most people have at least a few years of business income they can speak truthfully to.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:15 pm

Chase Says Brit Air Miles Transferred

There has been an open question about when the 2 year limit for BA bonus points was to be considered over. I got my original sign up bonus over 2 years ago, but got a second bonus upon renewal less than 2 years ago. I quessed that only the first bonus would count towards the 2 year limit, so a few months ago I applied for another BA card. I waited 2 months to see if Chase would send me a letter saying my new card didn't qualify for a bonus, and when I didn't get a notice, I recently did the $2K min spnd.

Since my statement closed a week ago, I called Chase to find out what was up. The CSR said "the 52K miles have already been transferred to BA". Why don't I see them in my account? Supposedly because "the transfer process takes 6 to 8 weeks" to show up in the BA account.

So anyway, for those who have been wondering, this is an apparent first data point that the only bonus that counts for the 2 year re-app time frame is the sign up bonus, not the secondary spend and/or renewal additional bonus points.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
There has been an open question about when the 2 year limit for BA bonus points was to be considered over. I got my original sign up bonus over 2 years ago, but got a second bonus upon renewal less than 2 years ago. I quessed that only the first bonus would count towards the 2 year limit, so a few months ago I applied for another BA card. I waited 2 months to see if Chase would send me a letter saying my new card didn't qualify for a bonus, and when I didn't get a notice, I recently did the $2K min spnd.

Since my statement closed a week ago, I called Chase to find out what was up. The CSR said "the 52K miles have already been transferred to BA". Why don't I see them in my account? Supposedly because "the transfer process takes 6 to 8 weeks" to show up in the BA account.

So anyway, for those who have been wondering, this is an apparent first data point that the only bonus that counts for the 2 year re-app time frame is the sign up bonus, not the secondary spend and/or renewal additional bonus points.
2 questions:

1. has anyone ever been approved for 3 chase cards on the same day?

2. has anyone had success applying a referral AFTER already being approved for the card?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
2 questions:

1. has anyone ever been approved for 3 chase cards on the same day?

2. has anyone had success applying a referral AFTER already being approved for the card?
Has anyone ever done that, or is that a reasonable thing to try? I did that successfully with AMEX, although they only approved one card the first day, and made me wait 5 days to approve the other two. And there are reports on the Alaska card thread of someone recently applying for 4 B of A AS cards at the same time, and getting all of them approved. But Chase?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone ever done that, or is that a reasonable thing to try? I did that successfully with AMEX, although they only approved one card the first day, and made me wait 5 days to approve the other two. And there are reports on the Alaska card thread of someone recently applying for 4 B of A AS cards at the same time, and getting all of them approved. But Chase?
I got 2 personals approved yesterday but couldn't get the 3rd (business) approved. Credit analyst worked it all out, had a line of credit ready but the system still rejected it, didn't know how long before I can apply again.

I was trying to get Southwest 50+25+25...only got 50+25, but now I have a referral for the same 25 card to be 50, so hoping they let me apply it. *fingerscrossed*
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
I got 2 personals approved yesterday but couldn't get the 3rd (business) approved. Credit analyst worked it all out, had a line of credit ready but the system still rejected it, didn't know how long before I can apply again.

I was trying to get Southwest 50+25+25...only got 50+25, but now I have a referral for the same 25 card to be 50, so hoping they let me apply it. *fingerscrossed*
If you look at my post on this thread a few days back, there is a "rumor" that Chase is really tightening up on Bus apps. Don't know how true that is though.....
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Data point: tried to 3BM UA MP/Slate/IHG, and clicked in that order of preference.

Unexpectedly, IHG got approved for 20k (my only other acct with chase is a freedom with a 3kish limit and an unlinked Ink Bold. FICO 800 due to not churning for a while).
UA MP and Slate got put on hold

Called for recon#1 around 8pm for the UA MP, had to be forwarded to a "senior analyst" or something. Nogo on Slate due to "2 cards in 30 days", I alluded to shifting limits but given that the 20k limit was for a card just approved, couldn't shift. called recon #2 and she could see the other apps and said nogo as well due to multiple apps and too much extended credit. I feel like the 20k limit on IHG totally nuked my chances to get the UA/Slate autoapproved, and my UA card still might not get approved.

And also re: Ink recon calls, I did an Ink Bold/Ink Plus 2BM (back when the bold was still available). I tried to use my "small" business for IB and got denied hard. My actual business with real 6 figure revenue only got a 10k credit limit with Ink Plus. Don't let the bloggers fool you, it's not as easy as the halcyon days of yore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.