Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Smile Should Work. A Couple Thoughts...

Originally Posted by danielguinness
I just churned my IHG card and am waiting for it to be deliverd. I see that Hyatt has a good deal going with a $50 statement and 2 free nights so I'd like to do the same with my 3 year old Hyatt card. I have a 808 credit score.

Should I just close my Hyatt card and re-apply right away?

Wait a couple days after I close it to reapply?

Because I just had a credit pull and approval should I wait some time between apps?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
I'd suggest holding off on applying for at least a few weeks after canceling. Lately Chase has been a little tougher with questioning recent applications, at least in my experience. Also, check out some of the commentary here about lowering credit lines prior to application if you're looking to get instant approval and avoid a reconsideration call (which might be a good idea in a case like this). Good luck, and let us know how it plays out for you.

meecal
TheHoneymoonGuy.com
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:59 am
RNE

Originally Posted by skitch23
Does Chase do a 2nd HP if applying for a cc & checking acct on the same day? If they do, I'll just forgo the pull and opt for a CU that pulls EQ instead.
Hard pulls are so inconsequential and transitory, why would you let them affect your decision making?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Hard pulls are so inconsequential and transitory, why would you let them affect your decision making?
Because I'm doing an AOR and it makes a huge difference to me considering how many HP's I already have with EX. I'd much rather have a HP for a card worth $500 than a checking acct for only $300.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Because I'm doing an AOR and it makes a huge difference to me considering how many HP's I already have with EX. I'd much rather have a HP for a card worth $500 than a checking acct for only $300.
Chase does not HP for checking accounts.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by blaz
Chase does not HP for checking accounts.
Thank you!! ^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
I'd suggest holding off on applying for at least a few weeks after canceling. Lately Chase has been a little tougher with questioning recent applications, at least in my experience. Also, check out some of the commentary here about lowering credit lines prior to application if you're looking to get instant approval and avoid a reconsideration call (which might be a good idea in a case like this). Good luck, and let us know how it plays out for you.

meecal
TheHoneymoonGuy.com
Thanks. I close cards with their credit lines without moving them to another card just for that reason. What I don't understand is why do I have to make up some line when I should just be able to say that I want the nights again. It's been more than 24 months since I received the bonus and per the agreement I can get it again after 24 months. If they don't like it they can change the agreement.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:44 am
RNE

Originally Posted by danielguinness
Thanks. I close cards with their credit lines without moving them to another card just for that reason. What I don't understand is why do I have to make up some line when I should just be able to say that I want the nights again. It's been more than 24 months since I received the bonus and per the agreement I can get it again after 24 months. If they don't like it they can change the agreement.
Be that as it may, Chase has made no "agreement" to issue you a credit card and it doesn't have to do so.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:15 am
formerly mattrendell27

Chase same day application strategy

Hi,

I am considering applying for multiple business cards issued by Chase (Ink Plus, United Mileage Explorer Business, and Southwest Premier Business). Does it make sense to apply for all on the same day to increase chances of only getting one pull? I applied for Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred on the same day in early January and both were instantly approved and it only showed up on Equifax credit report as one pull. But I've never applied for business cards before so I was wondering if anyone has had the same luck with multiple applications in quick succession generating only one pull? Also, is it worth it to try the multiple browser trick?

And since these are my first business card applications with Chase (or any issuer for that matter) is it likely I will not get instantly approved and have to call recon? If so, does having applied for three cards at once hurt my chances of having successful recon calls?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA, Southwest
I was told today by Chase that they can only approve 2 credit card applications in a 30 day period.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:35 pm

is churn time the same for personal and business? ie two years?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:29 pm
formerly mattrendell27

How best to apply for multiple Chase business cards?

Hi,

I am considering applying for multiple business cards issued by Chase (Ink Plus, United Mileage Explorer Business, and Southwest Premier Business). Does it make sense to apply for all on the same day to increase chances of only getting one pull? I applied for Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred on the same day in early January and both were instantly approved and it only showed up on Equifax credit report as one pull. But I've never applied for business cards before so I was wondering if anyone has had the same luck with multiple applications in quick succession generating only one pull? Also, is it worth it to try the multiple browser trick?

And since these are my first business card applications with Chase (or any issuer for that matter) is it likely I will not get instantly approved and have to call recon? If so, does having applied for three cards at once hurt my chances of having successful recon calls?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Applied for the freedom card (last night)and was not instantly approved. Called today and was told that they only received my app today and it was being processed. should I keep calling or wait 7-10 days then call back?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by yahrite808
Applied for the freedom card (last night)and was not instantly approved. Called today and was told that they only received my app today and it was being processed. should I keep calling or wait 7-10 days then call back?
Call again, ask them if they need anything to move application forward because you need the card for a purchase.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by mattrendell27
Hi,

Thanks.
Most people cannot get approved for more than one Chase business card within a couple months, nevermind on the same day. Their recon department is tough. Getting a business card since so close to your personal Chase apps will be difficult too, since they just extended you credit. You may have to reallocate credit lines to do so. So while it may just showup as one pull on your CR, that is the least of your worries in terms of getting approvals (which is what matters). I don't see what the fuss about HPs is to be honest, I have 16 in the last 12 months, 8 in the last 6 months and have not had problems explaining them away. Point is, every pull is worth it for me so I have no problem have 10 or 20 pulls, since each one has value.

My strategy (I have 3 business cards with Chase and 3 personal open, with others closed recently, and many recon calls made to Chase) would be to apply for the Business card you really want now, just the one, then wait 3 months to apply for another business card. You will have a hard time being approved in 3 months, especially since you have your personal cards recently opened, but you should be able to recon it into existence. If you try now and are denied, I'm not sure what the waiting period is for Chase. But my suggestions stand because once you apply for one and see how tough it is to get approved, you may decide it would be a waste to try for another. I had to call 4 times to get my third biz card from Chase and it was a 30 minute phone call that was very detailed.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:47 pm
cwu

Any thoughts on applying for 2 Personal cards in one day? Currently have CSP and Freedom. I'm thinking about applying for British Airways Visa and IHG cards...what are the chances for approval? Will it be one hard pull?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.