Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:47 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by CX HK
The HK Govt has said that the hotels must refund customers in these positions. But the hotels said it will "take some time".
No trouble. There's always chargeback, 120 days after the original delivery or performance date specified by the merchant (for a DQH stay, no bank's going to argue with you the original date is the check-in date).
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Thanks for the responses. What I will see if they will do is trade 3 nights for a second quarantine stay. Then everyone wins!

In hindsight this is Hong Kong!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:55 am

(Come2HK/Return2HK remains exempt from quarantine where eligible)

Other arrivals from Mainland China have their quarantine reduced to 3 nights home quarantine, no yellow code on end of quarantine:
http://cablenews.i-cable.com/ci/news...=1659952218674
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:58 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
So what happens if you test positive in the hotel now, do you still get shipped off to Penny's Bay or wherever, or do you have to stay in the hotel until negative or can you go home (for example if your relatives have a car)?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
i-Cable: Leavehomesafe apps have to be refreshed
(does make me wonder which approach Govt will take: all persons’ Leavehomesafe check in using old apps will be invalid from Friday? Or all prescribed premises must update QR Code Verification apps?) http://cablenews.i-cable.com/ci/news...=1659936401801
I upgraded my QR Code Verification app.

It still verifies my July version Leavehomesafe vaccine pass. Hoping it will work til 28 Feb, when binding to SIMs take effect.

Last edited by percysmith; Aug 8, 2022 at 6:59 am
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The official government announcement:
https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...FlI5f1pAcSQYVo
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
The official government announcement:
https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...FlI5f1pAcSQYVo
One interesting item appears to be no more requirement for a PCR test within 48 hours of departure. Please correct me if I am wrong
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
One interesting item appears to be no more requirement for a PCR test within 48 hours of departure. Please correct me if I am wrong
It was not mentioned in the release because there is no changes, it is still listed in the annex at the bottom.

In addition to the above additional boarding requirement, relevant inbound persons will continue to be required to provide proof of pre-departure tests (only applicable to inbound persons aged 3 or above), i.e. (i) negative result proof of a PCR-based nucleic acid test within 48 hours of the scheduled time of departure; or (ii) documentary proof to show that they were infected with the virus 14 to 90 days prior to boarding for Hong Kong, together with negative result proof of a RAT conducted within 24 hours of the scheduled time of departure.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrickw
It was not mentioned in the release because there is no changes, it is still listed in the annex at the bottom.
Thanks for that, thought as much. Such a pain in the arse to arrange these days.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Thanks for that, thought as much. Such a pain in the arse to arrange these days.
Unfortunately, this is a minor inconvenience compared to testing positive upon arrival or in any of the 4 PCR tests.
Nicc HK and bloomz like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Question: Under the new scheme, are visitors able to leave HKSAR in the "4" part of 3+4? Specifically, would a Mainland Chinese visitor arriving HKG from overseas be able to only stay in HKSAR for 3 or 4 nights before taking another flight to Mainland China? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Question: Under the new scheme, are visitors able to leave HKSAR in the "4" part of 3+4? Specifically, would a Mainland Chinese visitor arriving HKG from overseas be able to only stay in HKSAR for 3 or 4 nights before taking another flight to Mainland China? Thanks!
I don't see why not. You are allowed to use public transport and go to work/school, so there is no impediment to accessing the airport (or the land borders). Once you are at the airport you only need to fulfil the requirements of China, whatever that may be.

There is the issue of skipping the mandated PCR tests, but previously the same issue existed for those under self-monitoring, and by all reports as long as you tell them that you've gone abroad when they call you to find out why you haven't done the mandatory tests then everything is fine.
ernestnywang and brunos like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by tauphi
I don't see why not. You are allowed to use public transport and go to work/school, so there is no impediment to accessing the airport (or the land borders). Once you are at the airport you only need to fulfil the requirements of China, whatever that may be.

There is the issue of skipping the mandated PCR tests, but previously the same issue existed for those under self-monitoring, and by all reports as long as you tell them that you've gone abroad when they call you to find out why you haven't done the mandatory tests then everything is fine.
Thank you! What you said makes a lot of sense.

I found several phone numbers on https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/index.html. Given the new rule has not taken effect yes, no one could have tried it under the new rule. I will ask my friend to call these numbers to ask himself to confirm.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by tauphi

You are probably correct but Government better update the answers to FAQ A2 and A3 before all ambiguity is resolved https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...faq.html#FAQA2
Nicc HK likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:18 am

Here's a tip: For all questions, call your quarantine hotel to ask. They will be up to date and have the answers, much more effective than trying to find some Govt hotline to ask.
percysmith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.