Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
I think any food that is preceded by the word "airline" is bad for your health
its irrelevant, except the CX food is not what you want to eat on their plane
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
DYKWIA confession...

I once had to use "I'm a diamond member" recently...I was the only one queued up at the FCL line, when the GA went to check my BP and Passport, after stamping my BP (to indicate it was checked) she told me "Sir, as a business class passenger you have to line up at the business class line."

I showed her my BP again pointed at DM/Emerald and said "I'm a Marco Polo Diamond member."

What was kinda annoying was rather than acknowledging the mistake, she just turned around and left.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
DYKWIA confession...

I once had to use "I'm a diamond member" recently...I was the only one queued up at the FCL line, when the GA went to check my BP and Passport, after stamping my BP (to indicate it was checked) she told me "Sir, as a business class passenger you have to line up at the business class line."

I showed her my BP again pointed at DM/Emerald and said "I'm a Marco Polo Diamond member."

What was kinda annoying was rather than acknowledging the mistake, she just turned around and left.
That's not a confession mate, that's what you're supposed to do! When they're obviously not providing the benefits they've written down on paper for us in the first place. I don't ever think I've encountered that.

Especially since it's a real pleasure when there is an FCL / DM line in the first place. It's such a shame on the 3 class long-haul planes not to have that. I always try to get to the gate near the end so I don't face a problem. But inevitably, sometimes there are delays which aren't announced, and you end up standing around the gate with all the tension and whatnot. Depending on the flight, the biz line can get quite long. Sometimes (but not always) they'll whisk Diamond members to the front of the line if you're in biz and DM.

I think the "ugly" referred to here is our peers asking for stuff that isn't guaranteed. Like the clown blocking the aisle on my flight from CDG a few weeks ago announcing to the cabin he didn't like his seat, and as a "Diamond Member" implying he needed to be moved. Or the folks who consistently demand J and F class food from economy class.

Or (another anecdote here) the guy in line behind me at the TPE lounge a few months ago....me and two fellows were waiting to talk to the lounge agents for rebooking, due to a tech issue with our plane and subsequent cancellation. Both lounge agents were engaged with two pax. The guy behind me (#4 in line) barks out "I'm a Diamond member!" to the staff, intending this top be the magic words to cut us all. The answer back to him was "yea buddy, so are the three of us in front of you." Settle down. In an amusing twist, I know him on account of being friendly with his boss, he didn't recognize me but I did him. Also amusing this young aggressive fellow pays for approximately 0% of his Diamond status. Mostly paid by his company's generous travel benefits and his boss. Somewhat eye opening to me. I've blown through more money on Cathay over the years than I'd like to admit on myself and employees, and knowing a bit about this fellow, I'm pretty sure he has personally put nothing into CX's coffers except for the once in a while leisure travel. Yet he is far more demanding than I am.
NetJets Germany likes this.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jun 18, 2017 at 8:06 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:12 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by QRC3288
That's not a confession mate, that's what you're supposed to do! When they're obviously not providing the benefits they've written down on paper for us in the first place. I don't ever think I've encountered that.
Why bother with DM if staff make you feel so guilty for exercising its (black letter) privileges?

But then again I don't get priority boarding with CX/KA while they haven't moved to HBO/charging for basic luggage. Unless I don't intend to check luggage (I always do) or it's a redeye and I'm gonna try and sleep before the plane takes off. Otherwise wifi and 4G connections are always better at any terminal.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:15 pm

It's such a shame on the 3 class long-haul planes not to have that.
They sometimes have it sometimes they don't....Last time I was in BKK, they had a special section for FCL/DM but we were using a 330 then. On some MNL bound flights on regional a/c we don't get an FCL line but sometimes on a long haul a/c we get them despite not really having a First class on board.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Why bother with DM if staff make you feel so guilty for exercising its (black letter) privileges?
yeah I was surprised that she didn't even apologize, just turned around and left.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Audio
No need to trial "meal on demand" for the Chicago sector in J....it's available for HKG-SIN in EY.

Diamond member wants to delay this meal on this 3 hours 25 min flight. Insisted that his meal should only be served during the last hour.....

After they cleared all the meal trays for the EY, they told him that they were heating his food to make sure he gets his exclusive meal piping hot....so that he finished it just in time for the landing.

(Audio)
I was once on a NRT-TPE flight, someone from Y was brought to an empty middle bulkhead row in J with all his bags, just minutes before the 30mins captain announcement. The ISM handed the guy a bottle of DM water, and even served him a hot J meal on a single tray. I saw him gobble everything down and the tray was collected just moments before the crew needed to seat.

And one time on a redeye 524 to NRT, 30-40mins before landing, saw 2 people waking up and was served their food on a single tray, and trays were collected around 10 mins later. Not sure if they were DMs, or was it just normal on a red eye flight.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BUT777
I was once on a NRT-TPE flight, someone from Y was brought to an empty middle bulkhead row in J with all his bags, just minutes before the 30mins captain announcement. The ISM handed the guy a bottle of DM water, and even served him a hot J meal on a single tray. I saw him gobble everything down and the tray was collected just moments before the crew needed to seat.

And one time on a redeye 524 to NRT, 30-40mins before landing, saw 2 people waking up and was served their food on a single tray, and trays were collected around 10 mins later. Not sure if they were DMs, or was it just normal on a red eye flight.
i got offered to deboard in j a few times as owe. But the food?! Why?
window.post_1497864234805_2 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade

I think the "ugly" referred to here is our peers asking for stuff that isn't guaranteed. Like the clown blocking the aisle on my flight from CDG a few weeks ago announcing to the cabin he didn't like his seat, and as a "Diamond Member" implying he needed to be moved. Or the folks who consistently demand J and F class food from economy class.
Agree. You are entitled to that so no "confession" needed. Likewise when you need to do a standby in say PEK or PVG there's no wrong to tell the ground staff that you're a DM and then go to the DM waitlist counter as you are entitled to that...

Definitely not common even for red eye flights

Or are they management flying on duty / ID ticket?

Originally Posted by kaka
i got offered to deboard in j a few times as owe. But the food?! Why?
Never get moved after pushed back...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
DYKWIA confession...

Family and I were waiting in the F line at boarding gate at NRT when ground staff came to check for IDs and BPs. I have 4 BPs and passports in my hand. She saw the first BP with MPO Green on it and told me we should go line up in the Green member line. I wondered why she didn't bother to look through the BPs then decide what to say. Could it be because of the appearance of a young couple with kids ?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sscywong

Definitely not common even for red eye flights

Or are they management flying on duty / ID ticket?

Never get moved after pushed back...
Can't confirm what type of passenger, but judging from their outfits, they look like leisure/vacationers, not management/ID with CX.

But my experience with NH on similar route to HND, they gave you a paper to take your breakfast order and ask whether you would like to wake for breakfast. Basically you can ask for the meal anytime during the flight before landing. And one time I thought I woke too close to landing, but they proactively brought the tray to me I think just around 30-40 mins before landing.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:00 am
Suspended

Can't confirm what type of passenger, but judging from their outfits, they look like leisure/vacationers, not management/ID with CX.

But my experience with NH on similar route to HND, they gave you a paper to take your breakfast order and ask whether you would like to wake for breakfast. Basically you can ask for the meal anytime during the flight before landing. And one time I thought I woke too close to landing, but they proactively brought the tray to me I think just around 30-40 mins before landing.
if u do that ud encroch crew's down time and will be crucified by them
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:04 am

Recently heard a story about a DM berating an SP on a flight because the SP reminded DM after using the lavatory that the DR2 Lavatory is exclusive for Business Class passengers and said DM was sitting in PEY...

There's a reason there's a curtain and I expect as a DM one would respect those.

**wonder how that DM would react if he was in J andsees people from PEY/EY using the lavatories in J.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Nov 16, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Access to J bathroom when seated in PEY is not a DM perk if I recall correctly.

Perhaps said DM was upset because he/she assumed that the SP didn't realize that it was a DM passenger she was talking to. Misunderstandings as such can easily be avoided by providing (the option of) a custom-made sticker with glow in the dark features exclusively to DM passengers to be worn on the face, so that no matter in what kind of clothing or cabin lighting, communications like these would not be necessary as the understanding of the DM status will be ubiquitous and unequivocal. Any interaction upon then, would be subject to general conditions with DM perks in mind.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Recently heard a story about a DM berating an SP on a flight because the SP reminded DM after using the lavatory that the DR2 Lavatory is exclusive for Business Class passengers and said DM was sitting in PEY...

There's a reason there's a curtain and I expect as a DM one would respect those.

**wonder how that DM would react when he sees people from PEY/EY using the lavatories in J.
It is another DYKWIA, haha. It is actually quite unusual from a DM though.

I was waiting in line for a Y lav on board a HKG-SFO flight once, and was invited by the FA to use the J lav. That was about 10 years ago in a 744 (no PEY back then). There were not a lot of DMs on that route 10 years ago. I was often the only one on board. That was the only time I ever used an upper cabin lav.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.