Who are the ugly DMs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Who are the ugly DMs?

Found this post on CX Secrets on FB:
Dear DMs & OWEs - If you need an ISM greeting to make you feel better about yourself. You don't need an ISM, you need a shrink. Love, your fellow DM.
Most probably posted by a disgrunted Senior Purser.

"I don't understand why we spoil our DMs. They don't even buy J seats anymore because we always upgrade them. If they aren't upgraded, they will demand things from J or even FCL because they know we would entertain them.
There was a DM sitting in PEY that refused all the offers for entrees and demanded things only in J. J class salad and wine. Fruit for breakfast. He got everything he wanted but during breakfast he says he wanted a comment form because the service is not good. So ism goes to him to talk to him on his/her knees. Literally.
If you want J class service and food then buy a J class seat. Don't be a little b**ch and cry because you aren't offered the things not in your cabin.
And the ism should back the crew up, not beg for his forgiveness. Just encouraging bad behavior! Those kind of DMs need to be put in their place."
Ok. Fess up. Who is this?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:55 am

I have heard a lot of stories about these DM members. Some are very, very unreasonable!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gear down
I have heard a lot of stories about these DM members. Some are very, very unreasonable!
if crew gets commendation letters they would get out of the way to "help" lol

even under a diff reason
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
Stories about privileged DMs and OWES appear from time to time. Makes me think if it's actually just one person giving all DMs and OWEs a bad rep.

For me I just don't expect a greeting when I board. If it happens I just say thank you and move on, not to expect more than I've paid for.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Actually, imho, either cx the company or cx the crew needs to make cx a special product for customers. If customers/pax do not feel sth special out of cx then its the path leading to failure
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 12cheungtk1
Stories about privileged DMs and OWES appear from time to time. Makes me think if it's actually just one person giving all DMs and OWEs a bad rep.

For me I just don't expect a greeting when I board. If it happens I just say thank you and move on, not to expect more than I've paid for.
technically speaking you are right, but cx probably dont want to give up the dms just yet
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
what is cx secrets??
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by nlkm9
what is cx secrets??
Well, there's Google

CX Secrets https://www.facebook.com/cxsecret/

and there's also

KA Secrets https://www.facebook.com/KA-Secrets-329315520530995/

The locals can it explain it better than me since I don't speak the language. But there are posts in English

Here's a fun post though:

"To the F/EY crew on Apr/LGW and May/ORD flights:
Please refrain from offering help in J cabin during the Dine on Demand trial. Such actions would prevent the company from obtaining unrealistic trial results, as well as hampering the pioneers' chance to display their capabilities... Look, they signed up for it.

請各位同事唔好響 Dine on Demand trial 期間去 J 幫手,以免導致試驗結果出錯,及妨礙”先鋒小組“展現光芒嘅機會... 記住,佢哋係自願去做嘅"

And not so happy crew at KA

KA Secrets
23 April at 11:37 ·
""the MAY roster just released, KA crew can you feel the company is keep trying to push us to our bottom line? aren't you mad or angry with this f_xking, sh_ting roster ?
1.the new flying pattern : kul 1-2-1 , can khh kul 3-2-1 . are you really happy to fly with this holly sh_t pattern ? even late pek 1-2-1 , we are all exhausted after flight , can you imagine how will you back from kul ?
2: For FJ only 2 or even 1 n a half overnight per month ? gals are you satisfied with only 2 overnight? but FAY gets 4-5 overnight per month . is this fair to FJ ? we are all BC rank actually !!!!
3. keep changing the hotel by means cutting the allowance .
KA crews what are we waiting for ??? if we aren't doing something, we will never fight it back, the company will keep on cutting allowances n benefits, n sh_ting roster . can you keep flying with kul1-2-1 or 3-2-1? why not fight it back , it's time to tell the company it's more than enough to tolerate with all this bad news. don't give yourself any excuse like let's wait for the FAA to call for the strike , the union is not gonna doing this for us, the union keeps saying will talk to the company, but we have been waiting for so long already, we still couldn't hear any good news from the union . do you still remember the strike in 2010, it wasn't initially called by the union , it was by one of the fj , and the union joined the stirke after knowing most of the crews were standing out to support .
it's time for KA crews to untied together and voice out our anger and needs to the company . or it's time to keep tolerate or resign . think about it pls .
1/7 call for strike if no better pattern n roster . ""

and so on
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:59 pm
Uli

i have posted in this thread in CX secret. i am a DM who only flies in the class paid for (no upgrades ever), which is F. and i really see many folks there behaving like they own the plane. and i know that max 50% actually pay for F ...

if you watch CX secrets for a longer time, you will also see lots of crew complaining about cockpit crew requesting F food etc ... or staff trying to accomodate their familiy in a higher class as booked.

probably every early airline does have those issues
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:02 pm
Uli

oh, and this post:

Please refrain from offering help in J cabin during the Dine on Demand trial. Such actions would prevent the company from obtaining unrealistic trial results, as well as hampering the pioneers' chance to display their capabilities... Look, they signed up for it.

exactly illustrates the state of mind why i use CX instead of LH when flying to HK. i expect this reaction from LH, not from CX. if CX crew starts to behave like LH crew it makes no more sense to fly on them.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Is it a sin if I as an OWE ask for a glass of Cathay Delight when travelling Y when ISM greets me?
fairhsa likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Found this post on CX Secrets on FB:
-----
Dear DMs & OWEs - If you need an ISM greeting to make you feel better about yourself. You don't need an ISM, you need a shrink. Love, your fellow DM.
------

Most probably posted by a disgrunted Senior Purser.

I loved this one, btw, just for the laughs.

Also, I was quite sure I saw "Greetings by ISM" listed in the Contract of Carriage.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Uli
oh, and this post:

exactly illustrates the state of mind why i use CX instead of LH when flying to HK. i expect this reaction from LH, not from CX. if CX crew starts to behave like LH crew it makes no more sense to fly on them.
It is CX at fault not CX crew on this issue that they copy others' services but forgot neglect to match the appropriate crew-pax ratio. That's why no one would ever take on these 'incentives' presented by management. It also has to do with fast track which is another heated issue in the crew community...but that's another story. Most CX crew are just working for a (meagre) living...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:55 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Is it a sin if I as an OWE ask for a glass of Cathay Delight when travelling Y when ISM greets me?
I guess its all about the right balance. Cathay Delight is served in J/F and you are flying Y, so unless the ISM proactively offers you something extra, you shouldnt expect to get anything.
Its certainly no sin to ask, but then again, OWE is nothing special.

In terms of status, DM probably goes somewhere in between SEN/HON for Lufthansa and is definitely the hardest OWE to achieve. But that doesnt give DM's the right to demand everything they want.

I believe the treatment is good as it is and it was already great for me when I was GO.

Funny thing is, on my first DM flight on CX a few weeks ago, the ISM came and greeted me and even shook my hand congratulating me.. I guess they are losing all the old Y/PEY DM's by this time of the year as the new programme has been implemented just over a year ago.

Upon asking her how she knew this was my first DM flight on CX, she showed me her Ipad and its a nifty little gadget they have got going there! She showed me that she even could check my ENTIRE history of compliment letters / complaint letters. Thankfully I have a good record of compliment letters with only one complaint ever which wasnt a crew issue but catering problem.

Treat the crew well and surely they will be nice to you. Thats how it goes with everything in life though, should be common sense...

Oh and its really sad to be put into one category by those people over at CX secrets just because one guy is being rude and demands to much. I guess that guy will be gone sooner or later if hes a Y/PEY DM.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by mxr
I guess its all about the right balance. Cathay Delight is served in J/F and you are flying Y, so unless the ISM proactively offers you something extra, you shouldnt expect to get anything.
Its certainly no sin to ask, but then again, OWE is nothing special.

In terms of status, DM probably goes somewhere in between SEN/HON for Lufthansa and is definitely the hardest OWE to achieve. But that doesnt give DM's the right to demand everything they want.

I believe the treatment is good as it is and it was already great for me when I was GO.

Funny thing is, on my first DM flight on CX a few weeks ago, the ISM came and greeted me and even shook my hand congratulating me.. I guess they are losing all the old Y/PEY DM's by this time of the year as the new programme has been implemented just over a year ago.

Upon asking her how she knew this was my first DM flight on CX, she showed me her Ipad and its a nifty little gadget they have got going there! She showed me that she even could check my ENTIRE history of compliment letters / complaint letters. Thankfully I have a good record of compliment letters with only one complaint ever which wasnt a crew issue but catering problem.

Treat the crew well and surely they will be nice to you. Thats how it goes with everything in life though, should be common sense...

Oh and its really sad to be put into one category by those people over at CX secrets just because one guy is being rude and demands to much. I guess that guy will be gone sooner or later if hes a Y/PEY DM.
Interesting observation with the iPad with CX. I only know for BA they keep CIV scores for their BAEC customers. Since she asked if I wanted anything then just feel free to ask so I just asked for a cup.

It is not my interest in asking for J food when traveling in Y as status gives me free food in lounges already. I would make sure I busted the foods in Qantas Lounge HKG (Char Siu rice) and The Pier before I board. I may ask for a bottle of water though.

I only expect to have things I have paid for and see anything above as a kind surprise. The less you demand the happier you would be I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.