Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by jagmeets

Current corp policy is for HKG trips in coach - I'd rather book CX knowing that I have a good shot at getting upgraded.
Agree with you.
What I am trying to say, I will not paying CX Biz class (at least with my own money) on SIN-HKG-SIN flight, since you will never know what kind of product you will have.

If economy I am ok, as there will be a chance to get ops up....
Old Jul 12, 2013, 5:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lingua101
Which Y classs? With SQ Y class on A330 or A380? I think SQ Y class has better IFE. At least it is AVOD.

CX B772 does not even AVOD in C class and no "remote" as the controller is on the side on your seat. And the TV quality is sucks. Like 5-6" TV

Only the seat is bigger, that's all
Not really, at least you get bettering catering - the laksa ex SIN is pretty good. Also the space is really important esp to a business traveller.
Don't really care about iFE in regionals and there is always an ipad anyway.

I thought SQ still use the ultimo seats on this route? Or have they switched to this slant bed and a380 products?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Not really, at least you get bettering catering - the laksa ex SIN is pretty good. Also the space is really important esp to a business traveller.
Don't really care about iFE in regionals and there is always an ipad anyway.

I thought SQ still use the ultimo seats on this route? Or have they switched to this slant bed and a380 products?
I found that B772 is not even better than SQ A330/A380 economy seat. No privacy at all.

If you get B744, at least you have some level of privacy.

Of course if this is an op up, cannot complain. But paying ticket? no way, at least for me.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:18 am

I found that B772 is not even better than SQ A330/A380 economy seat.
What?

There's a big difference between saying that CX Old Regional J is a bad J seat, and saying something utterly ridiculous like the above.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:24 am

are the 772s on the SIN-HKG vv route equipped with the (1) old regional business class or (2) new regional business class?

i read somewhere that when the refreshed regional business class was rolled out, the 772s were excluded.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by epigram
are the 772s on the SIN-HKG vv route equipped with the (1) old regional business class or (2) new regional business class?

i read somewhere that when the refreshed regional business class was rolled out, the 772s were excluded.
They are not excluded, but just that last batch of the update. They are updating a330 and b773 first.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
They are not excluded, but just that last batch of the update. They are updating a330 and b773 first.
thanks for the response.

I understand that they are updating the 772 last for the new regional business class (introduced end 2012 and to be retrofitted till end 2014).

Would you know if the 772 received the refreshed regional business class?

as I understand it:

Original regional business class

Refreshed regional business class

New regional business class
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by stargold
What?

There's a big difference between saying that CX Old Regional J is a bad J seat, and saying something utterly ridiculous like the above.

you do not have to agree with me and neither do i.

everyone has his own preference.

My company won't fly me biz class. So I only fly biz for my personal trup, as i said i won't pay SGD2,000+ for CX biz class to HKG. I rather pay SGD800+ to fly SQ on Y and use the rest of money for nice hotel in HKG. Or pay CX economy and hope for ops up
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by epigram
thanks for the response.

I understand that they are updating the 772 last for the new regional business class (introduced end 2012 and to be retrofitted till end 2014).

Would you know if the 772 received the refreshed regional business class?

as I understand it:

Original regional business class

Refreshed regional business class

New regional business class
None of our 772's came with the the RRBC. All of them have the ORBC.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:33 am
Suspended

you do not have to agree with me and neither do i.

everyone has his own preference.

My company won't fly me biz class. So I only fly biz for my personal trup, as i said i won't pay SGD2,000+ for CX biz class to HKG. I rather pay SGD800+ to fly SQ on Y and use the rest of money for nice hotel in HKG. Or pay CX economy and hope for ops up
I thought for SQ they still use the ultimo regional J class seats on this route? Or have they guaranteed either it is the A380 product or the new regional j product? I saw that recently even to BKK they use the so called Y terrible j class seats?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:09 pm

Saying that "I don't think CX regional J is worth the cost" is not exactly the same as what you said earlier, which is "CX ORBC is no better than the SQ Y seat", isn't it? I wouldn't pay cash for CX regional J either, but at the same time it's ridiculous to claim that the two seats are the "same".
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I thought for SQ they still use the ultimo regional J class seats on this route? Or have they guaranteed either it is the A380 product or the new regional j product? I saw that recently even to BKK they use the so called Y terrible j class seats?
No, they don't (unless last-minute equipment change which is far less often on SQ than CX). It's either the 1-2-1 J seats on the 77W or A380, and the New Regional Business which is angled flat.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Last minute change on CX710 yesterday got 773 with the new Regional Business Class instead of 772. very comfortable, although the monitors mounted on the bulkhead defeats the purpose of being a touch screen.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is it completely random what plane you get on the SIN-HKG route then are are some timetabled flights slightly less likely to be affected?
Seem to be a few heading up to HKG including a 12:55 flight in First. Is this likely to be a downgrade probability?

Was looking at MH and a flight in J with them was half the price of CX (might be fare class i.e. flexible though)
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kesler.go
although the monitors mounted on the bulkhead defeats the purpose of being a touch screen.
+1
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QRC3288
+1
Yep and had to use the dumb down version of remote. Also the content is slightly limited compare to long haul, but still not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.