Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
Is CX cutting back frequency between HKG and SIN?

CX690 is not operating on Thu now.

Likewise CX650 is x3 and CX636 is x25

I thought they used to be all daily flight, at least for CX690
Maybe they are sending the aircraft for refitting for the new regional business class seats?

I like to take CX636 to connect to redeye flights out of HKG and have to reschedule my travel dates as CX636 does not fly on certain days.

On my last trip on 1 Sep 2013, CX715 was supposed to be operated using B77W (77G) and at check-in counter, I was told that it has been swapped to B773 plane. Upon boarding, I realised that they are using the new Regional Business Class seats for this flight.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by hclee01
Maybe they are sending the aircraft for refitting for the new regional business class seats?

I like to take CX636 to connect to redeye flights out of HKG and have to reschedule my travel dates as CX636 does not fly on certain days.

On my last trip on 1 Sep 2013, CX715 was supposed to be operated using B77W (77G) and at check-in counter, I was told that it has been swapped to B773 plane. Upon boarding, I realised that they are using the new Regional Business Class seats for this flight.
Do they do anything on Y class on the nrbc plane?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Take any CX flight after 2.30pm please!

I was on CX734 yesterday. First time on such a late flight for me (4.05pm but delayed to 4.40pm). Usually I'll take flights around noon. But then I discovered one advantage for taking a flight that departs later than 2.30pm... The QANTAS CLUB lounge - which opens from 2.30pm to 11pm.

Wow. :-::-::-:

I may never want to see the Skyview lounge again.

It even beats The Wing J class section in HK.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I was on CX734 yesterday. First time on such a late flight for me (4.05pm but delayed to 4.40pm). Usually I'll take flights around noon. But then I discovered one advantage for taking a flight that departs later than 2.30pm... The QANTAS CLUB lounge - which opens from 2.30pm to 11pm.

It is the QF Singapore lounge not club lounge. The food is pretty good but the wing J class is still better and have more food offerings. But def much better than Skyview lounge
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:06 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by correctioncx
It is the QF Singapore lounge not club lounge. The food is pretty good but the wing J class is still better and have more food offerings. But def much better than Skyview lounge
I disagree. Here are some pictures of the offering in the Singapore QF lounge. MUCH better than the food in CX Wing in HKG:

Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Do they do anything on Y class on the nrbc plane?
The one 773 with the new regional bizz that I've been on, had the old longhaul Y seats (slide forward/no recline).
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,

Absolutely with you on that! Unfortunately I am on the 10am tomorrow....
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
+1, unless you want the noodles.

Originally Posted by sxc
I disagree. Here are some pictures of the offering in the Singapore QF lounge. MUCH better than the food in CX Wing in HKG:
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
The QANTAS CLUB lounge - which opens from 2.30pm to 11pm.

If I fly CX, can I get in?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by nsolitude
The QANTAS CLUB lounge - which opens from 2.30pm to 11pm.

If I fly CX, can I get in?
Yes
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:56 am

I saw in KVS, more and more SIN-HKG has R and W sub class. Are they selling it or given to people who has long haul connection on R and W?

I will be in CX690 (77W) and CX715 (774). Both have R and W inventory. CX715 is quite full, I have to book the trip on H class.

Assuming the flight overbook, does it mean my chance will only get upgraded to Y+?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: CX DM, PC RA
I saw in KVS, more and more SIN-HKG has R and W sub class. Are they selling it or given to people who has long haul connection on R and W?
both from what i have seen the last few weeks. On the whole Y+ has been fairly empty with what looks like long hail connections. Also, it is selling on CX.com too but no idea why anyone would pay for it.

I will be in CX690 (77W) and CX715 (774). Both have R and W inventory. CX715 is quite full, I have to book the trip on H class.

Assuming the flight overbook, does it mean my chance will only get upgraded to Y+?
I think its fair to say the reality is goodbye upgrades to J
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: QF WP
The check-in counters in SIN now has a Y+ queue.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FRSI
both from what i have seen the last few weeks. On the whole Y+ has been fairly empty with what looks like long hail connections. Also, it is selling on CX.com too but no idea why anyone would pay for it.

Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by FRSI

Yeah now I see it.. Did a dummy booking,Y+ fare between SIN and HKG roundtrip is SGD 4,085.20 inclusive everything on W class.

While the most expensive biz class is only SGD 3,903.20 on C class and the cheapest is SGD 2,110.40 on I class.

Not really sure what CX is doing. Perhaps they are not really selling Y+ on SIN-HKG sector only and more for "upgrade" for people with Y+ connection I suppose.

May be I can ask at the airport if they can get me Y+ seat nicely

Yeah kind of dilematic now. Should I book on the earlier flight with no Y+ so still got chance to upgraded to C, but may be got lousy Y if not upgraded or stick with long haul aircraft with newer Y.

Perhaps I will stick with newer aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.