Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by lingua101
Yeah now I see it.. Did a dummy booking,Y+ fare between SIN and HKG roundtrip is SGD 4,085.20 inclusive everything on W class.

While the most expensive biz class is only SGD 3,903.20 on C class and the cheapest is SGD 2,110.40 on I class.

Not really sure what CX is doing. Perhaps they are not really selling Y+ on SIN-HKG sector only and more for "upgrade" for people with Y+ connection I suppose.

May be I can ask at the airport if they can get me Y+ seat nicely

Yeah kind of dilematic now. Should I book on the earlier flight with no Y+ so still got chance to upgraded to C, but may be got lousy Y if not upgraded or stick with long haul aircraft with newer Y.

Perhaps I will stick with newer aircraft.
As a CX-GR, I have been "upped" 2/2 on the times I flew HKG>>>SIN on frames that have Y+. Once as BN1 and once BN86. I guess your chances as SL should be high
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
As a CX-GR, I have been "upped" 2/2 on the times I flew HKG>>>SIN on frames that have Y+. Once as BN1 and once BN86. I guess your chances as SL should be high
to Y+? The last time I flew CX in April to HKG, I asked for y+ at checkin counter and they gave it to me

Did you ask or auto?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:20 am

to Y+? The last time I flew CX in April to HKG, I asked for y+ at checkin counter and they gave it to me

Did you ask or auto?
For the first instance (BN86), the PEY seat map showed up at OLCI.

In the second run (which was part of a longer PVG>>>HKG>>>SIN trip), I had used AM to get an EMEX seat (row48 on 74K). Due to late arrivals from PVG, I almost did not make that flight, leaving just enough time to deplane at Gate 35, rush through transit security and up to departures at Gate31. Think I was last onboard. At the gate, the reader beeped and turned red. A ground crew then took away my original BP and went, "Sir, we give you upgwade to Peemium Ecolomy."^^^

I think as long as you are MPO and if there are no DM, DM+s, GO or in my case SLs ahead of you, they give it to you. Not sure if my BN1 helped in the "ugwade" though, but I thank my fairy godmother in CX for it, even though it was sort of a pseudo upgrade. Reinforced me to take my business from Golden Goose to CX.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:33 am
Original Poster

I'm about to pull the trigger to redeem SIN - HKG in F using Avios. In the event my CX flight gets substituted to an aircraft without F and I'm downgraded to J, what is the typical procedure? Do I have to call BAEC to ask for the Avios difference to be credited back, or will this be done automatically for me? Or if I want to change to another CX flight with F, will BAEC charge me a fee to do that?

Just trying to ascertain if is will be too much hassle? Has anyone been through the same situation, if so please share your experience. Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm about to pull the trigger to redeem SIN - HKG in F using Avios. In the event my CX flight gets substituted to an aircraft without F and I'm downgraded to J, what is the typical procedure? Do I have to call BAEC to ask for the Avios difference to be credited back, or will this be done automatically for me? Or if I want to change to another CX flight with F, will BAEC charge me a fee to do that?

Just trying to ascertain if is will be too much hassle? Has anyone been through the same situation, if so please share your experience. Thanks.
I am unable to answer your questions per se but on most days at least in the coming month, there is only 1 out of 8/9 flights that have F ex SIN. Do be prepared
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Sin has been getting the old regional a333's lately mainly on the red-eye flights and some throughout the day with the ocassional 747 or 77W popping up. Used to be better!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Yeah now I see it.. Did a dummy booking,Y+ fare between SIN and HKG roundtrip is SGD 4,085.20 inclusive everything on W class.

While the most expensive biz class is only SGD 3,903.20 on C class and the cheapest is SGD 2,110.40 on I class.

Not really sure what CX is doing. Perhaps they are not really selling Y+ on SIN-HKG sector only and more for "upgrade" for people with Y+ connection I suppose.

May be I can ask at the airport if they can get me Y+ seat nicely

Yeah kind of dilematic now. Should I book on the earlier flight with no Y+ so still got chance to upgraded to C, but may be got lousy Y if not upgraded or stick with long haul aircraft with newer Y.

Perhaps I will stick with newer aircraft.
J is higher than C.
W is high as TAs can use AD75 on W class (though I have no idea as for ID tickets.)
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
J is higher than C.
W is high as TAs can use AD75 on W class (though I have no idea as for ID tickets.)
I am not really sure what are you trying to say.

Online, the most expensive biz class that I can find has C sub class. While I is the cheapest.

The point that I tried to make is even the most expensive biz class is still cheaper than the Premium Economy class available online. So not sure who is the right minded person will book PE for higher fare while he/she can fly biz cheaper....
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:47 pm

For the first instance (BN86), the PEY seat map showed up at OLCI.

In the second run (which was part of a longer PVG>>>HKG>>>SIN trip), I had used AM to get an EMEX seat (row48 on 74K). Due to late arrivals from PVG, I almost did not make that flight, leaving just enough time to deplane at Gate 35, rush through transit security and up to departures at Gate31. Think I was last onboard. At the gate, the reader beeped and turned red. A ground crew then took away my original BP and went, "Sir, we give you upgwade to Peemium Ecolomy."^^^

I think as long as you are MPO and if there are no DM, DM+s, GO or in my case SLs ahead of you, they give it to you. Not sure if my BN1 helped in the "ugwade" though, but I thank my fairy godmother in CX for it, even though it was sort of a pseudo upgrade. Reinforced me to take my business from Golden Goose to CX.
Dude... you are very funny.... I am laughing when reading your post..... "upwade"!!!!.....

Ok... then for more serious question... If I use miles to upgrade then, can I upgrade from Y to C or Y to Y+?

When I tried to check for upgrade for my H class booking, the screen shows nothing.....
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Ok... then for more serious question... If I use miles to upgrade then, can I upgrade from Y to C or Y to Y+?

If Y+ is sold on your flight, then you can only use miles to upgrade from Y to Y+. No direct upgrades from Y to J.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by sxc
If Y+ is sold on your flight, then you can only use miles to upgrade from Y to Y+. No direct upgrades from Y to J.
what is the definition of sold? have price for PE? as far as I remember, CX has not officially announced PE for SIN right?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:48 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Sold = you can get a ticket with the classes W, R or E.

Singapore is included in the destinations where they are selling Y+. On regional flights, the in-flight service is exactly the same as economy - no difference in catering.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...al_routes.html
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by sxc

Singapore is included in the destinations where they are selling Y+. On regional flights, the in-flight service is exactly the same as economy - no difference in catering.

ok got you.... so no more upgrade to C then.

even for long haul, HKG-YYZ, I saw Y+ got served with the some cart which continue to economy.

I got a set from Y+ as I sat on the second row on Y cabin. The different for breakfast, I got croissant for the bread and my neighbour got a round bread.... and i have a nicer tray and utensials. thats's all

very different from Y+ in TK
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; C6603 Build/10.3.1.A.2.67) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by sxc

ok got you.... so no more upgrade to C then.

even for long haul, HKG-YYZ, I saw Y+ got served with the some cart which continue to economy.

I got a set from Y+ as I sat on the second row on Y cabin. The different for breakfast, I got croissant for the bread and my neighbour got a round bread.... and i have a nicer tray and utensials. thats's all

very different from Y+ in TK
TK position Y+ as J- (Business minus)
CX really position Y+ as Y+ (Economy Plus)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Which flights? I frequently fly between HKG and SIN...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.