Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:53 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by talespin
Any chance a forum moderator could summarize current offers on the first page of the thread? 57 pages is a lot to go through, and I'm having a hard time finding details on current offers... Just a thought, though =)

Just got my CX Elite Amex; intro period earn seems pretty good at 4/1 local and 2/1 overseas but after that may have to explore other options.
Earn rates (continuously updated): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-10.html#144

Welcome offers (continuously updated): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-49.html#734
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Earn rates (continuously updated): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-10.html#144

Welcome offers (continuously updated): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-49.html#734
just wondering if it'd b a good idea to start a new thread on this matter with the info on the first post
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold OWE
Originally Posted by kaka
just wondering if it'd b a good idea to start a new thread on this matter with the info on the first post
+1 Long overdue IMHO! And probably best to lock this one down to prevent double-posts.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:53 am

Or maybe bump post #871 up to post #1 like the current #1 post in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...onversion.html thread (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...l#post16392998)? Sorry for being presumptuous but it could be of help.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 8, 2011 at 2:03 am
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I don't think bumping is possible? Anyway as the thread starts back in 2009 and now is mid-2011 that warrants a new thread to keep people clear about their best interest?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:20 pm

Cathay Amex 3year Anniversary

Cathay AMEX has a 3year anniversary deal. Got this today by email. Personally don't think it's a good deal though. Even with 30% extra it would be just barely better then DBS Black locally or Fubon/SCB Amex overseas. I probably will skip it.

"Win up to 300% more Asia Miles
From fashion to fine dining, groceries to gadgets - everything you spend with your American Express® Cathay Pacific Credit Card from July 11 to August 10, 2011 will be more sensational.

Be part of the celebration by winning extra Asia Miles™ in our 3rd Anniversary Lucky Draw - up to 300% more Asia Miles.

Best of all, you're guaranteed to win
You'll have a chance to win 3%, 30% or even 300% - on top of what you'll earn on your Card spending during the promotion period."

Kind regards,

mkzwo
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
Pity supplementary card holders aren't eligible.

If I am on the current $4/1 per AM promotion (3 month welcome bonus), do you think they will take the 3% from the $4/1AM or just from the $8/AM?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
And it's capped at the miles on $30,000, so that would be about 115 AsiaMiles at the 3%. Whoopy-do!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mkzwo
Cathay AMEX has a 3year anniversary deal. Got this today by email. Personally don't think it's a good deal though. Even with 30% extra it would be just barely better then DBS Black locally or Fubon/SCB Amex overseas. I probably will skip it.
Didn't get the e-mail.

Is there a link? Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:52 am

I've gotten SCB's new promotion after the 6.5x extra points (making $2/mile)
i'll get a few Pizza hut coupons upon spending 56K HKD
It's such a joke it gives me good incentive to say byebye to this card.
I have enjoyed their last 2 promos. time to churn my StanChart relations.
Another rant about SCB - has anybody else noted they've really stepped up their phone sales campaign? I've been getting calls about balance transfer sales on every two days out of three this month.

I can't tell CS to stop calling me cos I stop all promotions including the mailed ones like this Pizza promotion. But if they keep putting up shxtty promotions like this one, I might just well cut it.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Dasanii
If I had downloaded the application form before hand with the ability to write the promo code of the Asia Miles but have not submitted the forms yet, do you think I would still be eligible for the Asia Mile 3000 welcome offer?
Called Shacom CS, they won't honour the old offer anymore.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:43 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Called Shacom CS, they won't honour the old offer anymore.
what do you mean!? even if i downloaded the form as it was on 2/jul and the offer last till november?!?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:55 am

what do you mean!? even if i downloaded the form as it was on 2/jul and the offer last till november?!?
The AAVS/open internet banking offers, not the welcome offer.

3,000AM/$300 cash rebate offers now withdrawn.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by BryanL
So if you have the Bankcomm Unionpay Card and bank with HSBC (Not a Jetco member), how would one pay off the RMB portion of the purchases?
Just got stung by a RMB13 fee by BoCHK today on my RMB account with them.

Had trouble figuring what it was - BoCHK won't review my a/c over the phone (insist on old-...... branch visit) - but one CS suggested it was an instruction setup fee.

After 5 mins I realised it is the RMB autopay instruction I gave Bankcomm to debit my BoCHK RMB account if I have a RMB balance. Well at least I know the debit instruction has been accepted.

As I only had exactly enough RMB to settle my recent card bill, I had to buy RMB. I couldn't buy RMB13 - had to buy RMB17. Figured that's cos min currency transaction with BoCHK is HK$20 .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.