Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class comeback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
I would too in First Class if I'd tried the beer before! Thanks for sharing about your flight
pol212 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Has anyone flown out of LAX in F, it seems that CX no longer grants access to the QF F lounge by default but just the OW J lounge?

(understand one could access by virtue of Oneworld rules but it would be problematic for me if I wanted to exercise the DM +2 guests benefit)
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:38 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
No direct experience but it's listed for QF and QR only - everyone else (e.g. CX, BA) is accessing based on oneworld rules https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Did they have the Betsy Beer on offer? Been trying to find a way to try it since the pandemic "ended"...!
It's also available in the fridge in The Pier.
18wheeler_vanrekt likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
It looks like F availability was (mostly) zeroed out on the LAX route through EOS. The flights are still there, however inventory is not.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
It looks like F availability was (mostly) zeroed out on the LAX route through EOS. The flights are still there, however inventory is not.
Same with LHR around mid May (at least). In fact looks like a lot of F and J class availability is now gone for days on end - as of yesterday there was plenty of availability in both cabins in mid May
Old Apr 17, 2023, 2:36 pm

Looks like all LAX F flights are suddenly zeroed out starting this April, even cash fares. So Cathay restarted F on the LAX route only to scrap it after less than a month? Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Simflyer1776
Looks like all LAX F flights are suddenly zeroed out starting this April, even cash fares. So Cathay restarted F on the LAX route only to scrap it after less than a month? Hopefully I'm wrong.
CX zeroed out its entire F inventory because there were mistake F/J fares ex-ICN/DPS, should be back to normal within a day or two when they finish canceling those.
SW7London likes this.

Last edited by fredx; Apr 17, 2023 at 4:44 pm
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
My F booking for mid-February is still in F so it's likely what was said above.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Has anyone flown out of LAX in F, it seems that CX no longer grants access to the QF F lounge by default but just the OW J lounge?

(understand one could access by virtue of Oneworld rules but it would be problematic for me if I wanted to exercise the DM +2 guests benefit)
I can confirm that CX is using QF F lounge in LAX. I am there now.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by bagold
I can confirm that CX is using QF F lounge in LAX. I am there now.
Thank you - key is did your lounge invitation card print as QF F as well? Inclined to believe this would be the key as to whether DM can exercise the +2 guest benefit. Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
As I recall it is a huge lounge with seating for more than 200 pax.
The large size is I believe due to it catering also to a lot of terminal 4 AA passengers.
As I recall the lounge is infect run by Sofitel for Qantas with the excellent staff wearing Sofitel name tags
This may have changed however with the lounge having been closed for over 2 years until earlier this year
Just 1 guest I believe unless Qantas 1st - however I am not 100% certain of this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:33 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thank you - key is did your lounge invitation card print as QF F as well? Inclined to believe this would be the key as to whether DM can exercise the +2 guest benefit. Thanks!
You are right. For some strange reason lounge invitation said Business Class. I didn't even show them the lounge invitation. Just gave them my boarding pass which was in F. So didn't check if can get the +2 benefit.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bagold
You are right. For some strange reason lounge invitation said Business Class. I didn't even show them the lounge invitation. Just gave them my boarding pass which was in F. So didn't check if can get the +2 benefit.
Thanks. So another cut / skimpy move of CX, after letting go of LHR arrival lounge.
To circumvent this...I guess I have enough miles to upgrade my companion(s) to F if they release more seats......
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Is there any news about the reopening of their Paris lounge?

What happens to those flying F? Any comments or reviews on the CDG Extime Lounge at T1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.