Wiki Posts
Search

First Class comeback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
First Class comeback

With the return of F in a few weeks, I'm intrigued at how good the product will be reintroduced.
A lot has been talked about Cathay F changes before the pandemic, so I'm wondering what changes we'll see in three weeks.
If anyone has inside information about the plans, or will be flying in the coming months I would like to hear from you.
I have a few F trips planned next year so will report back.
SW7London likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by tuchop
With the return of F in a few weeks, I'm intrigued at how good the product will be reintroduced.
A lot has been talked about Cathay F changes before the pandemic, so I'm wondering what changes we'll see in three weeks.
If anyone has inside information about the plans, or will be flying in the coming months I would like to hear from you.
I have a few F trips planned next year so will report back.
We will know on 6 December.
But only done daily flight to/from London.

In 2021 CX introduced some significant improvements to J service. I hope that they'll do the same now for F.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:28 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
They've released a lot of redemptions to LHR and to HND for F1. That's obviously going to the missus, if I can get the dates to work. While that should mean a healthy deposit of brownie points for me, I couldn't get dates to work.
SW7London likes this.

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 17, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
They've released a lot of redemptions to LHR and to HND for F1. That's obviously going to the missus, if I can get the dates to work. While that should mean a healthy deposit of brownie points for me, I couldn't get dates to work.
Interesting observation! Besides some initial releases to partners when they announced the resumption of F I havent seen any F seats available for Dec/Jan/Feb via AA/BA/QF since? Even with F1 up to F5 loads.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:12 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by SW7London
Interesting observation! Besides some initial releases to partners when they announced the resumption of F I havent seen any F seats available for Dec/Jan/Feb via AA/BA/QF since? Even with F1 up to F5 loads.
F1 is AM only?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:30 am
Original Poster

First Class on CX261 to CDG is returning on Feb18

EDIT: 18JAN is the return date, ignore the typo above.
SW7London and jongesander like this.

Last edited by tuchop; Dec 5, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
First Class on CX261 to CDG is returning on Feb18
Typo? I think the return date is 18Jan...
tuchop likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: Executive Club
LAX is also set for F class resumption early in the new year
Old Dec 6, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
I am told that there is no change to the previous product delivery.
tuchop likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
I am told that there is no change to the previous product delivery.
Not sure if this is good or bad
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:04 am

For North America, it's only happening in California. At this time, LAX seems to be getting the 4-class 77W with F, whereas SFO (all flights) do not have F, but at the same time since it's every single flight is operating daily like before (that can change in months or so),

There was a time YVR flights also had either F or no F as well as YYZ. They're still bringing back multiple 77W from ASP and some 77C are getting converted back to a regular passenger jet. Still feel that could happen based on the rate of 77W coming back.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CXfanatic
For North America, it's only happening in California. At this time, LAX seems to be getting the 4-class 77W with F, whereas SFO (all flights) do not have F, but at the same time since it's every single flight is operating daily like before (that can change in months or so),

There was a time YVR flights also had either F or no F as well as YYZ. They're still bringing back multiple 77W from ASP and some 77C are getting converted back to a regular passenger jet. Still feel that could happen based on the rate of 77W coming back.
I do not see that CX is offering F to LAX.
Where do you see that?

That CX is using some 4-class 77W but not selling F is not new.

W should get some feedback from the LHR flight that started 6 December.

Last edited by brunos; Dec 9, 2022 at 7:44 pm
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:37 pm

Q

Originally Posted by brunos
I do not see that CX is offering F to LAX.
Where do you see that?

That CX is using some 4-class 77W but not selling F is not new.

W should get some feedback from the LHR flight that started 6 December.
I did not do any dummy booking to verify this. All I know is some of the 77W regs that are used determine whether it's a 3-class or 4-class 77W.

Much of the older aircraft and a few KQ* planes (QG, QH, QI, QJ, QK, QU, QV, QW) for example are 4-class 77W's, which have F, but maybe what you're saying is that they're deploying the 4-class 77W with F, but just NOT selling F, correct? LAX has been using a few older KP* planes (i.e. KPE).

SFO (and all flight numbers based on the days they are operating) are exclusively using 3-class 77W, WITHOUT F, meaning many of the KQ* birds, KPY, KPZ, HNR for example.

Before the pandemic, there was a time when sometimes LAX routes would use 3-class 77W without F, but only 2 SFO flights were 3-class 77W and the redeye flight was the only one with F.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, CX has been using a 4-class 77W on quite a few destinations but not offering F (some lucky J pax have been seated in a F seat).

WHat is discussed in this thread is F comeback, meaning the reintroduction of F service on a few destinations:
As far as I can see, CX has only reintroduced F on one LHR flight and soon CDG. None to USA for the coming two months.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, CX has been using a 4-class 77W on quite a few destinations but not offering F (some lucky J pax have been seated in a F seat).

WHat is discussed in this thread is F comeback, meaning the reintroduction of F service on a few destinations:
As far as I can see, CX has only reintroduced F on one LHR flight and soon CDG. None to USA for the coming two months.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Everything is gradual, so we'll have to wait & see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.